What makes you stay on this forum site

Uniique

I’ve been off for a while, joined a while back but had a lot going on. I have since deleted most of my social media down to this forum & discord. But for here there seem to be great moderators who keep the rules. Lack of politics in my casual time is apparent & a positive for my mental health. And frankly folding at home & folding month has really drawn me in this last few weeks. 

-- When you have more than what you need, build a bigger table, not a bigger fence --

gotta remind people of the fact LMG and LTT are abusive workplaces with sexual abuse scandals and all the rest.

I usually find one forum and stay on it forever until I find a new one that's better. But...

I stay here mostly because it's not a super enthusiast technical forum, nor a brain dead one. We get everything of both worlds.

The moderation team is not overzealous. Rules are fair.

We get the rare Linus glimpse once in a while when someone mentions badminton.

Feels good to be able to help someone with an issue I may have had before or help them go through the various troubleshooting steps.

Other than a few newer members that I end up ignoring within 2 shit posts for their bad takes(See exhibit A), most older members are relatively well behaved and don't spend their time insulting everybody for no reason at all.

Exhibit A - The post right above this one.🤡

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I was just banned from reddit(made some unpopular political opinion and all the butthurt snowflakes reported me for violence or other fabricated bullshit) so I guess I will stick here for the foreseeable future. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

On 11/9/2023 at 4:35 PM, TetraSky said:

I usually find one forum and stay on it forever until I find a new one that's better. But...

I stay here mostly because it's not a super enthusiast technical forum, nor a brain dead one. We get everything of both worlds.

The moderation team is not overzealous. Rules are fair.

We get the rare Linus glimpse once in a while when someone mentions badminton.

Feels good to be able to help someone with an issue I may have had before or help them go through the various troubleshooting steps.

Other than a few newer members that I end up ignoring within 2 shit posts for their bad takes(See exhibit A), most older members are relatively well behaved and don't spend their time insulting everybody for no reason at all.

Exhibit A - The post right above this one.🤡

@badminton 

Spoiler

now we wait and see... 👀 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio