Linus Tech Tips...The Movie?

vannac

I was looking at my LTT faux movie poster today and wondering...has LMG ever considered making an LTT movie? I didn't bother to google at all before posting this, so I look forward to being surprised by your responses!

Personally, I think Linus would be an amazing performer in a story about his baby (LTT, not his actual babies). I would totally watch it. Especially if it delved into some older forgotten tech and origins of LTT that have been less explored....

Just now, Neroon said:

Could be coolf if they can hire the right actors. They would definitely need to get Peter Dinklage to play Linus.

Didn't even consider anyone else playing Linus, but that would be hilarious to see someone play Linus and then maybe have Linus make a cameo appearance as a camera man or something!

I hope not, I fail to see what part of Linus is movie worthy.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

1 minute ago, Levent said:

I fail to see what part isn't! Linus' videos practically bleed with entertainment value. He regularly dresses up in costumes, does funny bits, and even writes whole spin off shows (Scrapyard Wars, etc) to make fun content that almost anyone can enjoy. It would be amazing to see what they'd come up with in the span of a movie....

1 minute ago, vannac said:

I fail to see what part isn't! Linus' videos practically bleed with entertainment value. He regularly dresses up in costumes, does funny bits, and even writes whole spin off shows (Scrapyard Wars, etc) to make fun content that almost anyone can enjoy. It would be amazing to see what they'd come up with in the span of a movie....

Sounds to me you are just worshipping a human being. None of those things you listed have any entertainment value past a 10 minute video.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

1 minute ago, Levent said:

Sounds to me you are just worshipping a human being. None of those things you listed have any entertainment value past a 10 minute video.

I mean his drops are pretty funny. But those are only really good for like a 6 or 8 minute video 

12 minutes ago, Neroon said:

They would definitely need to get Peter Dinklage

or they could get the handsome version of Linus, Kane Williamson. Kiwi accent might be a bit strong but that'd add character

image.thumb.png.46c26a20a95833de5b39a3325a73b394.png

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

people tend to make movies about things that happened, not things that are happening.

wait with the movie until linus takes his leave (which will happen sometime in the next 50 years, just because of biology..) or until LMG reaches a point of linus being esentially only 'on-screen talent plus shareholder'.

in the current state the only way to make an LMG movie would be something that ends on a cliffhanger, for the obligatory sequel DLC. (analog to linus's potential autobiography having book DLC, as said on WAN show ages ago.)

13 hours ago, Levent said:

But think of the product placement opportunities!

Obviously, some changes will need to be made. Linus will have to become American, and a lot taller. Luke will have to become a hot woman. Instead of reviewing tech, they'll have to review guns, this will lead to them being called up to defend America against the Swiss. Once the warmongering Swiss have been defeated, 6'3" Linus will bang female Luke in front of the American flag. There's your movie.

19 hours ago, filpo said:

I mean his drops are pretty funny. But those are only really good for like a 6 or 8 minute video 

or they could get the handsome version of Linus, Kane Williamson. Kiwi accent might be a bit strong but that'd add character

image.thumb.png.46c26a20a95833de5b39a3325a73b394.png

He's 173cm/5'8. Such a tall Linus would be far too unbelievable. I'm sticking with Dinklage as my top pick.

5 hours ago, Neroon said:

He's 173cm/5'8

Would be too unrealistic. Linus on a good day after he takes his anti-shortening pills is about 5 5

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

A movie would only work if it was loosely based on his life. You can't make a movie that's basically what he releases on youtube, wouldn't be good at all. Get Michael Bay to direct the movie and have it inspired by Linus' life and you may have something

Main Rig CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700x GPU: Asus TUF Gaming RX5700XT MBASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Master Liquid LC240E SSD: Crucial 250gb M.2 + Crucial 500gb SSD HDD: PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Gran RGB 850W 80+ Gold Case: Corsair Carbide 275R KB: Glorious GMMK 85% MOUSE: Razer Naga Trinity HEADSET: Go XLR with Shure SM7B mic and beyerdynamic DT 990

unRAID Plex Server CPU: Intel i7 6700 GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2000 MB: Asus B150M-C RAM: Crucial Ballistix 32gb DDR4 3000MT/s CPU Cooler: Stock Intel SSD: Western Digital 500GB Red HDD: 4TB Seagate Baracude 3x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf PSU: EVGA BT 80+ Bronze 450W Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO KB: Cheap Logitech KB + Mouse combo

I Don't care about a movie, but I would watch a mini doc about LTT. or a Docu-series about Large and successful YT channels, like LTT would be cool. 

Documentary maybe. But I still don't see much value. Not at this point at least.

And have you seen Linus try to act? It's just horrible.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv