Thrasher's bored consol game talk

thrasher_565

so im bored and was wanting to talk to people about w/e gaming.

things to talk about:

what games your playing, want to get, what games you have,

what consoles you have, want to get, mods, setups (can post pics)

consoles vs pc talk

whats your favorite controller?

so about me about console gaming:

i started with a nes and mostly played mario bros and super mario bros 3 with my dad but barley got passed the second world before bed... i remember tripping over the cord and braking the power adapter some how so could not play it anymore until i found a ac adapter that worked. dont remember all the games we had thow 🤔 oh we had blades of steel (pit pit pass...) and i think top gun loved the menu song...

some times ied go to my grandmas place and watch grandpa play dr mario. and i would barrow zelda and attempted to play link and rad racer. one time i got 2 nes game from my nana bucky o'hare and ------

later on my dad got a snes and super mario world, mario all stars (free) link to the past (favorite game) phalanx, mario kart and i think thats it. rest of game i would buy from pawn shops.

i remember going to the movie rental store and waiting to rent mario rpg but every time it was out and looking at the big box got earthbound... got 2 games from there when they were closing was bob and illusion of gaia (also game...) later on the snes power adapter thing falls out and my dad got a killer instinct console witch i dont remember what happen to it 🤔. i would play donky kong country 3 as one of the falster kids had it.

i would mostly go to my friends house to play games as he got more stuff then i did. like n64 and gameboy, gameboy color, ps2. i got a n64 much later on from the pawn shop.

gamecube i got new from walmart as well as mario ddr. got a used thousand year door and another friend would come buy and we would paly stuff like zelda, sonic and pokeymon. later on sold his n64 to my mom and some of the games i ended up with like bomberman second attack witch i sold...never did play the zelda for n64 i loved lttp too much i guess 🤷‍♂️

at some point i was trying to get a sega genesis working but all of them i got the av cable dint work so by the time i did get one working i had like 6 of them...🤷‍♂️

wii i got from walmart, replaced the dvd drive on it and i barley used it... got the home channel on it and hooked a hdd to it but it never work quite right. has a wood mod chip in it now and a clear case. sill need to beat new super mario... i just suck and wii... got rusty i guess.

ps3 i got from walmart just to play little big planet. friends didn't come by to play as they just wanted to party.

i sold alot as i was moving and also when i didn't have a job i regret it... and now sloly re buying things thow are a hier cost 🤷‍♂️

my collection of orange systems and controller,s is growing...

atm im putting everything in a server rack and have a tesmart 8 hdmi auto switch. got a switch doc and waiting on a orange shell for it to come in the mail. i have a pro controller but dont like it so i got an 8bitdo controller ill use that.

consoles i have atm:

nes (broken atm i think needs new 72 pin🤷‍♂️) thinking on a retro usb avs for the hdmi)

snes (have a clear smoke case coming for it ) sd2snes coming for it.

n64 (moded some to sell but havent yet for both ntsc and ntsc-j)

orange gamecube with icecube case with mod chip in it( have not used it yet) with gameboy player also have a midia cd the i can run emulators on it) want to add rgb to the ports, repalce the fan maybe get the hdmi thing

ps2 fat with orange shell at my moms

ps at my moms

xbox orange case at my moms

wii (clear shell (have a smoke on the way) wood mod chip hdd)

wii u (think i got the home brow channal on it?🤔)

had a water cooled xbox 360 but got mad at it and took it a part...

games i waiting for wtb:

switch kirby, sea of stars, new zelda 2, megaman colletions,

some how i got 2 botw games...🤷‍♂️ so have to sell or traded it.

other things i moded some n64-j to take north amarican games, moded 10 30 total

moded some sfc to take north amarican games (had to make the slot wider...) moded 10 30 total

replacing n64 joysticks on 140ish controller... with the gc joystic

was going to swap wave bird shells on oem pcbs like white, black, orange, purple, as i got like 13 of them but the cost of them increased...)

sfc controller replacing pads and may add colored buttons 350...

all i will sell but kinda got kicked off the local buy and sell so ill have to remake a facebook account i guess...

Spoiler

old pic but shows the orange ps2 fat and xbox also my clear wii controller.

DSCF1326.JPG

gc 001.jpg

n64 nuts 004.jpg

nes snes sfc n64 004.jpg

nes snes sfc n64 011.jpg

30 n64 ntsc-j moded for both.

20200809_213927.jpg

water cooled xbox 360 tock it  apart as i didnt like it. the cd drive got mesed up and worked like 50/50 and didnt mount it. one day i might make another wc 360.

DSCF1271.JPG

8BitDo Pro 2 smoke got it as didnt like my switch pro controller.

8bitdo snes probably use this for most consoles.

gray switch light might get a orange skin for it, got a charging stand for it.

orange spice gc with smoke buttons

monster hunter wii classic would like a black one but the 8bitdo snes probably replace this.

gray/orange nes shooters needs cleaning

wii pro

transparent orange gc controller with smoke buttons think its oem pcb?

transparent orange ps3 oem pcb

transparent orange dreamcast

snes with transparent orange buttons

orange 360 oem pcb

wii u pad with orange ruber might get a shell for it

turbo sega genesis

orange pokemon with steel stick joystic black top would love a steel stick joystic complete...

2 nes with transparent orange buttons

transparent orange ps2 dont think its oem i like this one

transparent orange fire with gc joystick custom start button

transparent orange pelacon gc controller

orange switch pro controller dont like it probly sell it

orange switch controller joy sticks need replacing i have another one that aill put the transparent orange shell on it

black wii numchuck with transparent orange hard shell on it and gc orange joystic

poofesure orange wii controller and numchuck. some youtuber got them made🤷‍♂️. i no of the skylander, lego, rock candy controllers but this should be fine for now. i think ill get a rock candy some day.

orange wavebird oem pcb. player dial has to be cut in same on dongle

orange ps3 controller dont no if its oem

c2.thumb.png.36eaf5f695330a483ff76a090ac10227.png

server rack work in progress

gray switch light

dreamcast controller memory things

orange wii hard shell

orange wavebird dongle

transparent orange gamecube icedcube shell with mod chip in it

fc top loader in the mail

wii u game pad with orange ruber might get a shell for it. maybe a skin

orange dsi, looking at getting an unlocked orange 3ds xxl

orange wii rubber seald might use might sell 🤷‍♂️

orange dsi case

switch

ps2 transparent orange got the wrong one so bottom wont fit one day ill get the right gen. i like that fat one better thow but the slim uses hdmi🤷‍♂️

cheap orange wii rubber first one i got

smoke gc save card

clear wii with wood mod chip might get another wii and put the smoke shell on it

switch transparent orange shell in the mail

smoke snes shell

other stuff: i no of the orange dremcast shell, ps shell, looks like ps5 shell, dont no if ill get them or not. also there a clear sega genesis shell too. oh and have to get the orange n64 as i sold that...i have a smoke one in the mail do for now.

concolsorangeupdate.thumb.png.7a8f31afc2e9a524afa0776921e7cc9d.png

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

Not gonna go into major detail, but here's the list of systems I own. Nothing's modded. Only parts swaps on a few:

Consoles (Anything marked with * is hooked up and ready to play):

NES (Front Loader, had practically my whole life, a bit rough, aftermarket 72-pin)
NES (Front Loader, bought a few years ago, better shape, works better)*
SNES (Original Version)*
Nintendo 64 (Black w/ Expansion Pak)*
Nintendo GameCube (Later Model, Black)*
Nintendo Wii (White, only use to rip Wii games to play on Dolphin)
Nintendo Wii U Deluxe*
Nintendo Switch (Green/Pink Splatoon 2 Bundle)
Nintendo Switch OLED (White)*
Nintendo Switch OLED (Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Special Edition)
NES Classic Edition*
SNES Classic Edition*
Sega Genesis Mini*
Sega Genesis Mini II*
SNK Neo Geo Mini (Standard International Version)
SNK Neo Geo Mini (Crystal Samurai Shodown Version)
NEC/Konami TurboGrafx 16 Mini*
The C64 (Full-Size Commodore 64 Replica/Emulator)
The A500 Mini (Commodore Amiga Emulator)
Microsoft XBOX 360 S (250GB, Black)
Sony PlayStation (Original, Gray)
Sony PlayStation 2 (Early Slim, Black, Main)*
Sony PlayStation 2 (Early Slim, Black, Extra)
Sony PlayStation 3 (Late 160GB Slim, Black, Upgraded to 500GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD, Main for PS3 games)*
Sony PlayStation 3 (Early 160GB Slim, Black, Upgraded to 250GB T-Force Vulcan SSD, Secondary for PS1 and PS2 Classics)*
Sony PlayStation 3 (Launch 60GB Fat, Black, Completely original)
Sony PlayStation 4 (500GB, Glacier White Destiny: The Taken King Limited Edition, Upgraded to 500GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD)
Sony PlayStation 4 Pro (1TB, Jet Black, Upgraded to 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, Used mostly as a streaming box for Bed TV)*
Sony PlayStation 4 Pro (1TB, Black/White Death Stranding Limited Edition, Upgraded to 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD)
Sony PlayStation 5 (Disc Drive Model w/ 1TB Samsung 980 Pro Internal SSD + 1TB Samsung T7 Shield External SSD)*
Sony PlayStation TV*
Sony PlayStation Classic

Handhelds:

Nintendo GameBoy (Original, Gray, Failing screen)
Nintendo GameBoy Advance SP (Silver)
Nintendo New 3DS XL (Super NES Edition)
Nintendo New 3DS XL (Black, Damaged Top Screen but still playable)
Sega Game Gear (Bad caps, no image/weak sound)
Sony PSP-3000 (Black)
Sony PlayStation Vita 2000 (Black)

I have two "stations". An HD one and and SD one basically. With the exception of the second PS3, everything with HDMI is hooked up to my 50" LCD, and everything else is hooked up to my 27" CRT. Everything is hooked up to the CRT with S-Video, except the NES which is hooked up with composite.

I'm the type that never gets rid of anything gaming related. I've only ever sold one console, because I had an extra and GameStop was giving double credit at the time. Outside of throw away games that I got with used consoles, I've only ever sold just a few games.

I'm not playing anything at the moment. I'm a bit paralyzed by choice. Games I own and haven't played number in the hundreds probably. I'm debating between Shantae and the Seven Sirens or River City Girls on Switch, Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel or Ys IX: Monstrum Nox on PS4, or Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky or Ys VII on PC (played on my HTPC at my TV with an Xbox controller so it's like a console). The Legend of Heroes games are huge time sinks so I'm thinking of waiting a bit to play them.

5 hours ago, B16CXHatch said:

Not gonna go into major detail, but here's the list of systems I own. Nothing's modded. Only parts swaps on a few:

Consoles (Anything marked with * is hooked up and ready to play):

NES (Front Loader, had practically my whole life, a bit rough, aftermarket 72-pin)
NES (Front Loader, bought a few years ago, better shape, works better)*
SNES (Original Version)*
Nintendo 64 (Black w/ Expansion Pak)*
Nintendo GameCube (Later Model, Black)*
Nintendo Wii (White, only use to rip Wii games to play on Dolphin)
Nintendo Wii U Deluxe*
Nintendo Switch (Green/Pink Splatoon 2 Bundle)
Nintendo Switch OLED (White)*
Nintendo Switch OLED (Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Special Edition)
NES Classic Edition*
SNES Classic Edition*
Sega Genesis Mini*
Sega Genesis Mini II*
SNK Neo Geo Mini (Standard International Version)
SNK Neo Geo Mini (Crystal Samurai Shodown Version)
NEC/Konami TurboGrafx 16 Mini*
The C64 (Full-Size Commodore 64 Replica/Emulator)
The A500 Mini (Commodore Amiga Emulator)
Microsoft XBOX 360 S (250GB, Black)
Sony PlayStation (Original, Gray)
Sony PlayStation 2 (Early Slim, Black, Main)*
Sony PlayStation 2 (Early Slim, Black, Extra)
Sony PlayStation 3 (Late 160GB Slim, Black, Upgraded to 500GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD, Main for PS3 games)*
Sony PlayStation 3 (Early 160GB Slim, Black, Upgraded to 250GB T-Force Vulcan SSD, Secondary for PS1 and PS2 Classics)*
Sony PlayStation 3 (Launch 60GB Fat, Black, Completely original)
Sony PlayStation 4 (500GB, Glacier White Destiny: The Taken King Limited Edition, Upgraded to 500GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD)
Sony PlayStation 4 Pro (1TB, Jet Black, Upgraded to 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, Used mostly as a streaming box for Bed TV)*
Sony PlayStation 4 Pro (1TB, Black/White Death Stranding Limited Edition, Upgraded to 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD)
Sony PlayStation 5 (Disc Drive Model w/ 1TB Samsung 980 Pro Internal SSD + 1TB Samsung T7 Shield External SSD)*
Sony PlayStation TV*
Sony PlayStation Classic

Handhelds:

Nintendo GameBoy (Original, Gray, Failing screen)
Nintendo GameBoy Advance SP (Silver)
Nintendo New 3DS XL (Super NES Edition)
Nintendo New 3DS XL (Black, Damaged Top Screen but still playable)
Sega Game Gear (Bad caps, no image/weak sound)
Sony PSP-3000 (Black)
Sony PlayStation Vita 2000 (Black)

I have two "stations". An HD one and and SD one basically. With the exception of the second PS3, everything with HDMI is hooked up to my 50" LCD, and everything else is hooked up to my 27" CRT. Everything is hooked up to the CRT with S-Video, except the NES which is hooked up with composite.

I'm the type that never gets rid of anything gaming related. I've only ever sold one console, because I had an extra and GameStop was giving double credit at the time. Outside of throw away games that I got with used consoles, I've only ever sold just a few games.

I'm not playing anything at the moment. I'm a bit paralyzed by choice. Games I own and haven't played number in the hundreds probably. I'm debating between Shantae and the Seven Sirens or River City Girls on Switch, Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel or Ys IX: Monstrum Nox on PS4, or Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky or Ys VII on PC (played on my HTPC at my TV with an Xbox controller so it's like a console). The Legend of Heroes games are huge time sinks so I'm thinking of waiting a bit to play them.

nice ya kinda wired that we have alot of un played games but dont play them. for me when i broke up with my x i didn't have much moeny so i got the cheapest internet i could $20 to save and i could not download a game so i watch people on youtube play games at 160p... i did this for probably a year and then was like i can afford better internet. but other then play mindcraft and diablo 2 i would keep just watching people play. so kinda lost my will to play games. one day i hope it will get better i have so many games to play. but to me there seems to be a race to get games in case i cant anymore and want an offline pc. atm steam no longer works on windows 7 witch is what i have but i was planing a gaming pc to use windows 10/11 anyway.

it crazy that prices can just keep going up... almost i could buy 2 games and wate for the pricr to go up then sell it to pay for the other...

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links