Is it better to pay the same price (especially packaged food items) less quantity or pay more adjusted to inflation for the same quantity?

VirusDumb

Is it better to pay the same price for less quantity(shrinkflation) or pay more adjusted to inflation for the same quantity?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Cash vs Chips?

• Pay same but get less chips more air
    • Pay more but get fixed amount of chips

So would you rather pay the same and take less, or take the same but pay more

i like value so i buy the big no name brand chips i can find. same with icream i buy the 4l.

there are times it better to buy a little better like walmart producs and meat is hit and miss.

but really if you want to best is to shop at walmart and costco. but all place have deals and you have to shop all place to find the deals... witch = time and gas... 🤷‍♂️

bulk buying if you can afford to also save moeny and thing with points and a visa with moenyback or points or something.

but also probly making food vs buying pre made food can get you better quaity food and cheap. to a point were you might not need a snack after.

i myself started eating only one meal a day but i snake of chips mostly and my limit is about $5-$6 a day for food. dont think im losing whate yet but i dont feel hungy ether so its works for me. thow on my days off i snack and eat lunch or brunch some times too 🤷‍♂️

i stock shelves so i do labor and i guess at time a feel a little less energy do to not eating but w/e they wont pay me more anyway so w/e.90% of people dont work as hard as i do.

imo

i dont drank coffee so for me i dont get the 12:00 crash. it can boost energy when it kicks in but then you crash... 🤷‍♂️ i do get tierd on the bus thoe after work.

im 511 and about 200 pounds should probably be like 170ish i think...

packaging has be getting smaller since forever or the price incress or both some times. you do get more in the us vs canada thats jsut the way it is...

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

22 minutes ago, Caroline said:

Our government has been pushing taxes and regulations to 'discourage' people from buying 'junk' food

It is just a money grab they charge tax on some pretty healthy alternative snack foods as well.  

AMD 7950x / Asus Strix B650E / 64GB @ 6000c30 / 2TB Samsung 980 Pro Heatsink 4.0x4 / 7.68TB Samsung PM9A3 / 3.84TB Samsung PM983 / 44TB Synology 1522+ / MSI Gaming Trio 4090 / EVGA G6 1000w /Thermaltake View71 / LG C1 48in OLED

Custom water loop EK Vector AM4, D5 pump, Coolstream 420 radiator

My anecdotal perception is that what inevitably ends up happening when quantity is reduced is that they double-dip and bump the price eventually anyway.

If you create a hypothetical scenario where only one of these can occur, the latter is the better option because it reduces the amount of packaging, etc. (don't need to buy as frequently).

Parasoshill

adjective

• A person whose parasocial relationship with a social media influencer or content creator has driven them to promote or blindly defend them, acting as a shill for their benefit.