I want to do monitoring from a regular computer, any tips?

I have a regular computer, 4GB RAM, Core 2 Duo processor, 2 cores, 2 threads, GT 1030 graphics card

I have over 10 hard drives ranging from 40GB-320GB, I could, for example, connect them via RAID so they work together or simply take a 320GB drive and delete the recordings every week - I know how to do it all. 

What kind of surveillance camera can be connected to a computer via USB? It's best if it was on Aliexpress because you can order it all over the world. What software so that I can check how normal monitoring is done on my phone, no matter where I am.

Normally for cameras I'd use IP cameras, and then they all connect over the network.

With 10 old hdds that are 320GB max, I'd really consider just getting a single bigger drive. Probably cheaper as you won't have to get adapters and sata cards, and much less power and case space.

13 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Zwykle w przypadku kamer korzystałbym z kamer IP, a następnie wszystkie łączą się przez sieć.

Mając 10 starych dysków twardych o maksymalnej pojemności 320 GB, naprawdę rozważyłbym zakup jednego większego dysku. Prawdopodobnie tańsze, ponieważ nie będziesz musiał kupować adapterów i kart sata, a także znacznie mniej miejsca na moc i obudowę.

Good idea with this disk. Are you talking about IP cameras with an Ethernet input? What cable should I use to connect them to the computer? 

5 hours ago, GamerGry123 said:

Are you talking about IP cameras with an Ethernet input? What cable should I use to connect them to the computer? 

They're just network devices that connect to a switch.

Honestly, that computer may be serviceable as a simple DVR, but it's way too old to do anything fancy like Blue Iris. That GT 1030 isn't going to do anything for you either, because it lacks NVENC.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

On 10.09.2023 at 17:37, Needfuldoer said:

To po prostu urządzenia sieciowe podłączane do przełącznika.

Szczerze mówiąc, ten komputer może nadawać się do użytku jako prosty rejestrator DVR, ale jest zdecydowanie za stary, aby robić coś wymyślnego, takiego jak  Blue Iris . Ten GT 1030 też nic Ci nie zrobi, bo brakuje mu NVENC.

I saw something that looks like a switch but I don't know what it's called, I think it's the recorder itself to which the surveillance cameras are connected.

A disk is connected to it and the recordings are saved on it. But the processor there has a regular cooler with a small radiator, it is passively cooled and if it can record video from 8 cameras in 1080p quality, why can't my computer handle at least 1 camera in 720p quality?

Is there a USB camera or a camera with an adapter that can be connected to a computer? Because these surveillance cameras have their own sockets.

On 9/10/2023 at 5:37 PM, Needfuldoer said:

They're just network devices that connect to a switch.

Honestly, that computer may be serviceable as a simple DVR, but it's way too old to do anything fancy like Blue Iris. That GT 1030 isn't going to do anything for you either, because it lacks NVENC.

https://allegro.pl/oferta/kamera-do-monitoringu-ahd-protec-fullhd-ahd-ir20m-13174724697?utm_feed=aa34192d-eee2-4419-9a9a-de66b9dfae24&utm_content=ps&utm_term=test&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=_elktrk_pla_pmax_ps&ev_campaign_id=17958848778&gclid=Cj0KCQjw9fqnBhDSARIsAHlcQYSnNg9aFghBcu9S53XD_F-LcAiUE6Dredy9NA0fi2x0hA1-T4VQkLoaAjt8EALw_wcB

See such a nest, they have surveillance cameras, scroll through the photos