build:

case:corsair 200r

mobo:m5a97 2.0

CPU:8350

cooler:stock cooler

PSU:cx600

RAM:corsair vengeance 1x8

Storage:SSDNOW 300v 120gb

will my cx600 handle the 280x vapor-x? it doesnt have 8 pin connectors just these 6+2 if that makes sence....

please answer me,everything running stock right now,no OCs

i need to know if my cx600 would be able to handle a 280x vapor-x

easily and a 6+2 is an 8 pin :) it just allows it to also be used in 6 pin cards

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

it might run it but you need a more balanced system

it might run it but you need a more balanced system

What do you mean more balanced also yes it will definitely run 

|| MAELSTROM ||

|| i5 3570K W/ CM 212x @ 4GHz || r9 290 Windforce || Corsair Obsidian 450D || 2tb HDD + 120gb 840 evo SSD || 2x4gb Hyperx Fury Blue

What do you mean more balanced also yes it will definitely run 

as i see hes on budget

he could go for a better mobo a better cpu a gtx 760 or r9 270x and a better psu 

he ll be fine for long time and he´ll have the expandability

its just my opinion youmay disagree

as i see hes on budget

he could go for a better mobo a better cpu a gtx 760 or r9 270x and a better psu 

he ll be fine for long time and he´ll have the expandability

its just my opinion youmay disagree

my mobo isnt great,but its good enough for my needs

the 8350 is the highest end "normal" amd cpu

my mobo isnt great,but its good enough for my needs

the 8350 is the highest end "normal" amd cpu

then you ll be fine with what you picked ;)

sorry for my lack of knowledge in amd stuff

easily and a 6+2 is an 8 pin :) it just allows it to also be used in 6 pin cards

i wondered about the wattage per lane

if that's the cx600m (the newer one or so I recall) then should be fine.

I'd opt for the seasonic m12ii 620 (not the 520) 80plus bronze one I have one lying around since I just disassembled the rig it was housed to (gonna try and mod the source 210 elite >.<).

Live your life like a dream.

if that's the cx600m (the newer one or so I recall) then should be fine.

I'd opt for the seasonic m12ii 620 (not the 520) 80plus bronze one I have one lying around since I just disassembled the rig it was housed to (gonna try and mod the source 210 elite >.<).

it told you guys its the cx600,why? do i need the m version to tun it? isnt it just semi modular?

it told you guys its the cx600,why? do i need the m version to tun it? isnt it just semi modular?

The CX600 has 522W on the 12V rail.  An FX-8350+R9-280x at stock pull 125w+250w=375w at full load.  Add in an extra 10% for the remaining system power, you're looking at 410W, but if you want to overclock, you don't have a ton of headroom left.  The R9-280x can pull up to 375W if you so push it that far. Generally speaking the most you'll get out of the 280x is around 300-325W, so it would be okay.  But if you plan on doing some CPU+GPU OC I would get something with 600W on the 12V rail.

OC headroom besides the extra headroom to make use of the rated efficiency of your rig if not the modular it's just so nice but it's a personal preference.

Imo even a 520w is plenty.

your 280x should be fine it's not like you will max out 100% load on cpu and gpu. 

but since you also use a 8350 + 280x = It might take up quite a lot of wattage but I'm still not sure tomorrow ima check how much watts does a 8320 (almost same as your 8350) with a toxic 280x and see to help you better my friend.

Live your life like a dream.

Just a quick question. I have a 280x but I don't have a system to put it in. (It was on sale and I will be building one soon) and I am just wondering if a SFX 450 Watt 80+ gold power supply would be enough? Also SFX because silver stone raven rvz01 (I think that is its name) thanks in advance :) (also sorry if this counts as spam as I asked this before on another thread but no one answered and I'm on iPod so it is difficult to start a new topic) :)

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

Just a quick question. I have a 280x but I don't have a system to put it in. (It was on sale and I will be building one soon) and I am just wondering if a SFX 450 Watt 80+ gold power supply would be enough? Also SFX because silver stone raven rvz01 (I think that is its name) thanks in advance :) (also sorry if this counts as spam as I asked this before on another thread but no one answered and I'm on iPod so it is difficult to start a new topic) :)

as you can see,they say 520 is plenty,the price diffrence between 450-600 isnt much,over that it gets higher

as you can see,they say 520 is plenty,the price diffrence between 450-600 isnt much,over that it gets higher

But the highest watt SFX power supply is 450 watt and the case that I am looking at only supports SFX

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza