STAR WARS NERDS UNITE!!!!

Let's start a new forum where we talk all things Star Wars, including our interests in Star Wars games, literature, and films. The sky's the limit. Lets shoot away

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU!!!!!

With the exception of Rogue One i never watched any of the newer movies after episodes 1-6. From what i hear about them, it doesn't seem like i missed out a lot. My favourite movie is Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith. I grew up playing the original Star Wars Battlefront game on PlayStation 2 and the sequel Star Wars Battlefront 2 was one of my favourite games of all time. It's also the first game that introduced me to playing online against other players. Star Wars Empire at War and it's expansion Forces of Corruption are also top-tier games on their own, but the mods like Republic at War or Steiners Mod take it to a whole other level.

TL;DR: The older movies are good but (imo) nothing groundbreaking. The games i mentioned still count as one of my favourite games of all time.

Sadly newer entries in the franchise haven't been nearly as good.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

8 hours ago, Needfuldoer said:

LLAP. 

Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra.

I prefer both to be honest. While I am waiting for Ahsoka episodes to come out I watch TNG and Voyager.

Spock_vulcan-salute-492834402.png

8 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

With the exception of Rogue One i never watched any of the newer movies after episodes 1-6. From what i hear about them, it doesn't seem like i missed out a lot. My favourite movie is Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith. I grew up playing the original Star Wars Battlefront game on PlayStation 2 and the sequel Star Wars Battlefront 2 was one of my favourite games of all time. It's also the first game that introduced me to playing online against other players. Star Wars Empire at War and it's expansion Forces of Corruption are also top-tier games on their own, but the mods like Republic at War or Steiners Mod take it to a whole other level.

TL;DR: The older movies are good but (imo) nothing groundbreaking. The games i mentioned still count as one of my favourite games of all time.

Sadly newer entries in the franchise haven't been nearly as good.

I am with you on the Prequels, AOTC was my favorite, though I do like The Empire Strikes Back and ROTJ. Rogue One was also EXCELLENT. Love the imperial droid.

Both of those games, SWBF1 and 2 from 2005 were some of the best Star Wars games ever made IMO. The only other 2 that I would add to the list were Republic Commando and The Force Unleashed 1 (the second installment of the game was STUPID).

Regarding the latest films, all the sequels are so stupid they aren't worth watching. When you have to resurrect a villain for the billionth time, you know that it is going to be an epic disaster.

Having said that, I really liked the Mandalorian, the Bad Batch, and Ahsoka. Top tier, IMO. I would highly recommend these three as they are pretty traditional when it comes to Star Wars.

We really need a TV show on Starkiller and Mace Windu.

Like this comment if you agree...

If you're the type that doesn't mind the occasional "fun" with SW, check this out if you don't know about it (The series) already.

And this one, released just last week is probrably the best of the entire series to date so far:

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

9 hours ago, vf1000ride said:

I am not the ultimate star wars nerd fan but I do own a DL-44 blaster so I am getting close. 😎

IMG_20211108_085355751_HDR.jpg

That is SOOOOO cool dude. I am wanting to eventually get my own Starkiller lightsaber.

13 hours ago, Beerzerker said:

If you're the type that doesn't mind the occasional "fun" with SW, check this out if you don't know about it (The series) already.

And this one, released just last week is probrably the best of the entire series to date so far:

This unreal engine stuff is so cool. I have seen some of it in the past.

16 hours ago, ARandomPerson said:

Hello there.

GENERAL KENOBI!!!!!...........

1 hour ago, Sakuriru said:

idk but Ahsoka so good right now

It definitely is pretty good. Hoping that we get to see Thrawn soon. Was hoping to last night.

3 minutes ago, Sakuriru said:

We got to see Anakin, which is better.

Yeah, it was nice to see Anakin (I personally was more pumped to see Cpt Rex). Still, I am aching to see Thrawn and the new galaxy.

They only have 3 episodes left, I am hoping that they will be able to get everything tied up before then.

22 hours ago, WeTuLo707 said:

Yeah, it was nice to see Anakin (I personally was more pumped to see Cpt Rex). Still, I am aching to see Thrawn and the new galaxy.

They only have 3 episodes left, I am hoping that they will be able to get everything tied up before then.

IMO I expect Thrawn to either return in Episode 6 or 7, and I don't think we're going to get everything "tied up" before the end of the Season. I'm expecting there to be maybe a big battle, but Thrawn escapes, and forms a new faction within the Imperial Remnant (with Pellaeon, perhaps even the entire Shadow Council following him), and then Season 2 will deal with Thrawn's return (or they'll save that for the MandoVerse movie - which will likely involve Thrawn's defeat).

Episode 5 was great. Seeing Anakin, young Ahsoka, Rex, and the Clone Wars was fantastic. I also liked the duel between Ahsoka and Anakin - it shows not just his ridiculous skill, but the sheer power he put into each swing. That's one thing that kind of elevated him above most other Duelists, is that his strikes were incredibly powerful physically, in addition to his precision and skill.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

7 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

IMO I expect Thrawn to either return in Episode 6 or 7, and I don't think we're going to get everything "tied up" before the end of the Season. I'm expecting there to be maybe a big battle, but Thrawn escapes, and forms a new faction within the Imperial Remnant (with Pellaeon, perhaps even the entire Shadow Council following him), and then Season 2 will deal with Thrawn's return (or they'll save that for the MandoVerse movie - which will likely involve Thrawn's defeat).

Episode 5 was great. Seeing Anakin, young Ahsoka, Rex, and the Clone Wars was fantastic. I also liked the duel between Ahsoka and Anakin - it shows not just his ridiculous skill, but the sheer power he put into each swing. That's one thing that kind of elevated him above most other Duelists, is that his strikes were incredibly powerful physically, in addition to his precision and skill.

You are probably right. They seem to be saving the best for last.

15 hours ago, WeTuLo707 said:

You are probably right. They seem to be saving the best for last.

I just don't see how they could possibly "tie everything up" with only 3 episodes left.

I expect the NR Fleet (the 3 Cruisers that followed Hera) to get into a battle with Thrawn, and the NR to lose the battle, and Thrawn escapes to rejoin the Imperial Remnant. I'm assuming this'll be in Episode 8.

It depends on how long they spend "in the other galaxy" before Thrawn and co Hyperspaces back to the GFFA.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

On 9/21/2023 at 12:04 AM, WereCat said:

I pretend that Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast is the actual continuation from Episode VI

You don’t need to pretend when it’s the truth.

† 

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
    That mark our place; and in the sky
    The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
    Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
        In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
    The torch; be yours to hold it high.
    If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
        In Flanders fields.

Cry havoc and let slip the Togs of war.  (Signature V3)

If you want me to reply, tag me @Tog Driver, Or quote me.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
‭‭II Corinthians‬ ‭13:14

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't watched the tv stuff yet (I do not support the mouse), but I need to come and represent the small group of people who believe 8 is good. I'd go so far to say The Last Jedi is the best film the series has released since Jedi. Star wars was basically ruined for me, but I still hold out hope some good film makers can sneak out some more quality films in the next round of Disney stuff.

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

14 hours ago, Sharkyx1 said:

I haven't watched the tv stuff yet (I do not support the mouse), but I need to come and represent the small group of people who believe 8 is good. I'd go so far to say The Last Jedi is the best film the series has released since Jedi. Star wars was basically ruined for me, but I still hold out hope some good film makers can sneak out some more quality films in the next round of Disney stuff.

The series are mixed in terms of they're not all the same (most are fairly well made, but some fans really didn't like TBOBF or Kenobi, for example, and Andor has a small minority that hates it as boring garbage without enough pew pew or lightsabers).

But by and large, the new series are pretty good. Ahsoka is basically classic Star Wars - it's excellent.

5 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

The series are mixed in terms of they're not all the same (most are fairly well made, but some fans really didn't like TBOBF or Kenobi, for example, and Andor has a small minority that hates it as boring garbage without enough pew pew or lightsabers).

But by and large, the new series are pretty good. Ahsoka is basically classic Star Wars - it's excellent.

I'll be watching mandolorian over the next couple weeks, I saw Kenobi cause I love Ewan Macgregor as Obiwan.

I'm not a big "lore" guy so I've stuck to the movies for the most part, I only watched Tartakovsky's  clone  wars, never was able to get into Filoni's clone wars. I'll probably  watch the other shows eventually, was just worried I wouldn't get ashoka. 

I like the Ralph McQuarie based designs of Rebels, and I kind of like the Darth Maul stuff, from the clips I've seen 

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R