STAR WARS NERDS UNITE!!!!

I do not accept episodes 7-9 as canon. Not to mention the piss poor writing they did on Rey. 

Canon is that Leia and Han had 3 children (Jason, Jaina, and Anakin) and Luke married Mara Jade and had a Son (Ben).

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

I didn't have a pre established narrative i was expecting, so I didn't feel like the sequels were wrong until 9 came around and collapsed the entire trilogy in on itself 

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

13 hours ago, Sharkyx1 said:

I'll be watching mandolorian over the next couple weeks, I saw Kenobi cause I love Ewan Macgregor as Obiwan.

The Mandalorian is good, though most episodes are somewhat standalone adventures, only lightly tied to the overall plot - this is especially true for Season 1 and 2. Season 3 is much more plot focused.

I personally liked all 3 seasons but season 3 is by far my favourite.

I'm not a big "lore" guy so I've stuck to the movies for the most part, I only watched Tartakovsky's  clone  wars, never was able to get into Filoni's clone wars. I'll probably  watch the other shows eventually, was just worried I wouldn't get ashoka. 

TCW is good, but the first couple seasons are rouuuugh. You might want to consider watching a few essential episodes, just to get a feel for how the relationship between Ahsoka and the other main characters develops.

As far as the Ahsoka show is concerned, you absolutely can watch it without watching TCW or Rebels, but you'd be missing out on tons of additional depth and context. I'd recommend watching a "Everything I need to know" type YouTube video if you're not gonna watch TCW or Rebels, just so you get an info dump on the extra backstory.

I like the Ralph McQuarie based designs of Rebels, and I kind of like the Darth Maul stuff, from the clips I've seen 

Rebels is great. It's also, in my opinion, more consistent then TCW. It's also shorter (Only 4 seasons), which means getting into it is less of a commitment.

12 hours ago, SansVarnic said:

I do not accept episodes 7-9 as canon. Not to mention the piss poor writing they did on Rey. 

Canon is that Leia and Han had 3 children (Jason, Jaina, and Anakin) and Luke married Mara Jade and had a Son (Ben).

*Shrugs* - to be fair, the EU with the Solo trio was never "full" canon (They were part of C-Canon, which is the third tier in the old Canon hierarchy system). Had George gone ahead with his own Episodes 7-9 plans, Jacen, Jaina and Anakin would have been retconned out of existence anyway. George never respected adhering to the EU, and regularly ignored or retconned the EU with the PT and TCW.

Personally I love the EU and I own all the major books and series (X-Wing, Thrawn Trilogy, Jedi Academy, Black Fleet, Corellian, NJO, Legacy, etc), but I've accepted that those books aren't part of the current canon and that's okay.

9 hours ago, Sharkyx1 said:

I didn't have a pre established narrative i was expecting, so I didn't feel like the sequels were wrong until 9 came around and collapsed the entire trilogy in on itself 

Episode 9 suffered from a lot of issues, but basically the last director dropping out/being pushed out, and JJ coming in last minute to try and salvage the situation. The biggest problem they had is that they needed to delay the release date and they didn't.

The ST is a big mixed bag. There are definitely excellent parts to all 3 movies, and there are parts that were very questionable. I enjoy them well enough, but none of them are among my favourites (Return of the Jedi, Revenge of the Sith, and Rogue One are my top 3 favs).

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)