PS2 plugged into HDMI adapter via RCA cables but showing no signal/picture on an LG CX OLED

ArashiKageTaro

So I have a PS2 fat I got recently that I have plugged into an HDMI adapter via the RCA cables the console came with. When I first got it originally a week ago, I tested it via this method and got a picture and audio to show. But a couple of nights ago, I got a Brooks controller adapter and wanted to set it up, but when I plugged the HDMI adapter into HDMI 4, there’s absolutely no picture? I have a LG CX OLED. The HDMI 4 input clearly works as my PS3 is usually plugged into it. The HDMI adapter is being powered by USB and I fiddled with all the cables to no avail. Any suggestions/advice?

I’m confused, you tested this exact setup few weeks ago and it worked and now it doesn’t? Was it also using the said display? Are you sure that display supports 480i or 480p?

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

i'm pretty sure RCA to HDMI adapters usually have an idle image (the blue screen) when they are on with no input.

so.. perhaps the adapter is broken / not powered on?

I mean it is USB-powered so could be, but the adapter is also brand new, and was working a week ago. Could you explain more what you mean by "blue idle screen"?

What adapter are we talking about?

I had problems with my RetroTink 2x Pro, but because I hadn't read the instruction manual on how to change from Composite to S-Video to Component.

The console I got (Nintendo 64) also has starting issues (I don't know why or if it's normal, this is my first Nintendo 64, but it can take a long time to actually start and show a picture, or I just have to turn it off and on and "blow in the cartridge" so to speak to get it to work).

It's a sort of generic adapter from gamestop lol. Guess that's my issue? Still, it DID work and it was brand new. Any good recommendations for an adapter that won't break the wallet?

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/6/2023 at 10:50 AM, ArashiKageTaro said:

It's a sort of generic adapter from gamestop lol. Guess that's my issue? Still, it DID work and it was brand new. Any good recommendations for an adapter that won't break the wallet?

https://www.retrorgb.com/upscalers.html

I don't use this on the regular, but I have tested it for a little while and it worked fairly decently. Just $30

https://www.amazon.com/Playstation-Console-Adapter-Improved-Converter/dp/B07MYVF61Y?ref_=ast_sto_dp

It plugs directly into the A/V out on the console and has an HDMI port on the other end. No RCA cables involved.