13600k safe voltage vcore & a refresher on the how to, since my upgrade.

Google says some weird stuff & reddit. so no ill ask in here.

My last upgrade was years back 2014 i think it's around that time i got the 7600k.

I was able to get 4.9ghz on it tho settled for the even NO: of 4.8ghz. 86oC max temp. Now that ive got a 13600k ive got

this little beast of a Cpu to 5.6ghz 83oC under R23 tests.

My question on this is what is the safe voltage limit. Addpative & or offset. At the moment (just vcore) mines at CPU-Z states 1,284v flickers sometimes to say 1.296v.

I have read that stock is running at around 1.4v, this feels high. Well coming from the 7600k days i can't remember what i had it set to in the Z270 Asus Mobo.

The how 2's so i know im not about to make a pop sound out of my CPU hence the reason im asking.

With this said when i was overclocking the 7600k some said stay below this voltage so i did. Im going to do just that with this CPU as well. (As ive got some head room for improvement in terms of temps.) As it's my new beast

of a chip i gotta say man what an incredible upgrade it was runs everything i throw at it with ease now under 50% load. No more 100% CPU usage in games i couldn't be more happy.

With that said such a well deserved upgrade as i had the 7600k for many years i wish so to do that again with this. (to last another 5 yrs.)

Side note: tho important ill set the vcore voltage to -- tho then on the right hand side after a reboot into Bios it'll say higher on the right hand side in Bios, not sure what i true or not. What is true voltage im setting it to. Right hand side or left where im setting it. or go by CPU-Z.

So all i need (i hope) is a how to overclock this new era of Cpu's & a safe voltage to stick by & stay under. Then i can set it to say --- that & know im good.

Now for the beans specs:

Win-10-Home-64bit.

PSU: Corsair RM 1000.

Mobo: Z690-Gigabyte Aorus Elite DDR4.

Cpu: 13600k.

Gpu: 970 g1 gigabyte. Bios hacked.

RAM: Team T-Force Vulcan Z, 32GB (4x8GB) 3200MHz CL16 DDR4 Grey (this is another 1 ill need to learn later on.) X.M.P is on now.

Cooling:

EK Velocity 2 Cpu block.

EK Waterblock for the Gpu.

Custom Loop all EK parts 4 rad system: Soft tubing.

120: back of case.

240: top of case.

360: bottom of case.

480: front of case

EK Vader fans.        Thanks in advance.

Case: | TT Core x71 | Mobo: | Gigabyte Aorus Elite DDR4 | Cpu: 13600K | 1.310V | P-Core 5.7GHZ | E-Core 3.2GHZ | Cpu Block: EK Quantum Velocity2 | Ram: Team T-Force Vulcan Z 4x8GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Gpu: Gigabyte GTX G1 970 Bios Hacked 1.275V | Gpu Block: EK | Cooling: Custom Loop | Rads: 4 | PSU: Corsair RM 1000w

4 minutes ago, loony979 said:

My question on this is what is the safe voltage limit.

Whatever you can cool. Intel 7 is very voltage resistant, so 1.5V is fine for long term use (they will hit that at stock). Usually above 1.25V load voltage gets uncoolable unless you do extreme things like disabling Hyperthreading and/or delidding with liquid metal. 

Just make sure to set a good LLC setting so the voltsge regulation is solid. This will mean that the voltage at idle is higher, but under load it will be much lower. Pretty sure on that board Medium is the best, though I'd have to check. 

@RONOTHAN## Thank you for the reply, im gonna have to sus out what LLC is. & learn all this.

Case: | TT Core x71 | Mobo: | Gigabyte Aorus Elite DDR4 | Cpu: 13600K | 1.310V | P-Core 5.7GHZ | E-Core 3.2GHZ | Cpu Block: EK Quantum Velocity2 | Ram: Team T-Force Vulcan Z 4x8GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Gpu: Gigabyte GTX G1 970 Bios Hacked 1.275V | Gpu Block: EK | Cooling: Custom Loop | Rads: 4 | PSU: Corsair RM 1000w

27 minutes ago, loony979 said:

@RONOTHAN## Thank you for the reply, im gonna have to sus out what LLC is. & learn all this.

This video does explain it pretty briefly and shows the differences between it on similar boards to that one:

I know at stock mine was around 1.4v but I got stock clocks down to 1.14v 

iv seem a lot on oc.net about people seeing degradation with high clock speeds and  1.28v, so I’d be inclined to stay around 1.25 max

my cooler can’t handle more than 1.2v at 5.4p 4.4e 4.7r that puts me right in the 90’s lol, fine for gaming tho 

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper