See ya Windows Mail

thealmightyderpybird

I've been using the Windows Mail for the longest time (on windows computers) because it lets me have all 3 of my mail accounts in one inbox stream. The new outlook doesnt have that even though online materials about the new outlook says that it does. Kind of a bummer, I don't want to have to use a third party program.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Used Outlook Express in the early days before MS dropped it for Mail. Outlook express was way better. I wont touch Mail.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

• 2 months later...

I'll miss the ol' Mail app. I may not use the new Outlook app. My company's EAS mail doesn't work on the new Outlook app. Oddly, it works fine on the mobile Outlook app. This is a shame since I do use my computer remotely where there isn't any internet. So far I haven't found a PC replacement app that works. I guess I'll just have to make sure I have all documents downloaded and copy any necessary emails to some other type of writing app (Word, Notepad, etc.).

My elderly parents use that Mail and calender app. It's easy to use and got a simple UI. They've used it for years and at their age learning new things is difficult, especially everything tech stuff.

I've tried that new free outlook, and it comes with sponsored ads disguised as mail. My parents might click it beliving it's email but it opens up a webpage.

Horrible.

I wanted to try the new outlook, however as soon as it said it was going to sync my emails with the MS cloud, with no obvious way to decline this, I removed it and went back to a third party client (in this case Thunderbird)

I work tech support, curious what potential issues may come up and how to troubleshoot if it's going to basically be a web wrapper