Best unigine HEAVEN BENCHMARK settings for stress testing/troubleshooting GPU?

Theminecraftaddict555

I have been getting some occasional freezing with audio still playing and need to rule out the GPU.

Should I go extreme with everything or just go with the default presets?

Edit: Crud forgot GPU SPECs. It is an amd rx 5700xt

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you

11 minutes ago, Wildgg said:

full send

??

18 minutes ago, Theminecraftaddict555 said:

Should I go extreme with everything or just go with the default presets?

are you talking about unigine superposition?

The only thing that matters when using a benchmark is consistency across different tests. What is your baseline?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

are you talking about unigine superposition?

The only thing that matters when using a benchmark is consistency across different tests. What is your baseline?

Sorry talking about unigine heaven benchmark

1 minute ago, Theminecraftaddict555 said:

Sorry talking about unigine heaven benchmark

Don't use Heaven for stress testing. It's a 14 year old benchmark that can't properly stress modern hardware. Go for Superposition or some other test made in more recent times, and mess around with settings. I've seen it before where cards will crash at low settings and will run fine at high and vice versa, so it's worth checking both. 

2 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Don't use Heaven for stress testing. It's a 14 year old benchmark that can't properly stress modern hardware. Go for Superposition or some other test made in more recent times, and mess around with settings. I've seen it before where cards will crash at low settings and will run fine at high and vice versa, so it's worth checking both. 

Will try running at low settings preset and work from there probably. Thanks

23 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

unfortunately the stress test option is paid only...Will the game option work just fine even though the test are shorter?

38 minutes ago, Theminecraftaddict555 said:

unfortunately the stress test option is paid only...Will the game option work just fine even though the test are shorter?

The performance option is probably the better pick, and just run it a couple of times on repeat. Superposition is a very long benchmark, so that should do enough of a stress test for most situations. 

12 hours ago, Theminecraftaddict555 said:

Just repeat it manually. Same with Time Spy. If you really need a looper then try MSI Kombustor.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

On 8/19/2023 at 1:43 PM, RONOTHAN## said:

The performance option is probably the better pick, and just run it a couple of times on repeat. Superposition is a very long benchmark, so that should do enough of a stress test for most situations. 

sounds good. Will run each option at couple of times. If that goes well, will probably rule out that it is a gpu issue.

14 hours ago, SorryBella said:

Just repeat it manually. Same with Time Spy. If you really need a looper then try MSI Kombustor.

I heard good things about kombustor. Might give it a shot later.

Also what does artifact scanning do? Is it necessary for my situation? Also should I run 1080p, or should I try for the more intense resolutions? Or I could just run each test after the other passes

On 8/19/2023 at 7:43 PM, Theminecraftaddict555 said:

Will try running at low settings preset and work from there probably. Thanks

No.

Do not use a 14 year pissold Benchmark to test modern Hardware, it doesn't work. You won't be able to stress modern hardware.

It's like using GTA San Andreas to benchmark RTX 4000 series, makes no sense.

There's even a newer Valley Benchmark, and even that is too old. Use Superposition & Firestrike.

Completely forget Heaven exists. Don't take ANY Test serious where Heaven is still used. 

From my Experience a few years ago with a GTX 1080, Valley didn't help at all. It was rockstable, while Firestrike didn't even start, and Witcher 3 gave crashes.

Even the old Firestrike is much better, because it reacts sensible for any kind of instability.

But the best is to use different kinds of Software, and also Games to test stability, not just 1 single Benchmark.

If you want to test your GPU, then let your GPU Work. Don't use 1080p, use highest settings possible. use thorny whips to get your GPU down to it's knees, only then you will know if it can run stable or not.