7800x3d and H100I Elite 46C idle?

Holmeset

I built a new desktop with a 7800x3d and a H100I Elite AIO cooler. Its idling at around 46C, is that high? I have tried also to apply new thermal paste (Noctua NT-H2), and got the same idle temp.

Im currently living in Spain and its like 30C in the room, but think i had the same temp when i built the computer in Norway this summer. I have a 7900XTX in case also, which probably is not helping with the temp. The case is a  Corsait 4000D

23 minutes ago, Holmeset said:

I built a new desktop with a 7800x3d and a H100I Elite AIO cooler. Its idling at around 46C, is that high? I have tried also to apply new thermal paste (Noctua NT-H2), and got the same idle temp.

Im currently living in Spain and its like 30C in the room, but think i had the same temp when i built the computer in Norway this summer. I have a 7900XTX in case also, which probably is not helping with the temp. The case is a  Corsait 4000D

46C idling is perfectly fine on that processor. Actually pretty good when compared to air coolers.

Edit: 30C room temp is actually not that bad, we currently have 27C at night and 33-36C during the day, quite humid too at around 58% right now.

It's a little bit high, but it doesn't mean it's dangerous

Probably because of RX 7900 XTX heat

As for me, my idle CPU temps are 41C at Noon (open windowed air) and 39C at night when the Air Condition 27C is on

And here is my setup

7800X3D, AORUS B650 ELITE AX, RX 7900 XT, Thermalright Peerless Assassin and stock thermal paste, Phanteks P300A (2x140mm Fr fan, 1x120mm rear and top), fan setting is silent on Gigabyte app

My suggestion is to check on your AIO companion app to see if the fan setting

Then run Cinebench to see the max temp

If it thermal throttle, then there's something wrong

My System: Ryzen 7800X3D // Gigabyte B650 AORUS ELITE AX // 32GB DDR5 Silicon Power Zenith CL30 // Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT OC with mod heatsink on the metal plate  // Phanteks P300A  // Gigabyte Aorus GEN4 7300 PCIE 4.0 NVME // Kingston NV2 Gen4 PCIE 4.0 NVME // 

Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fully Modular // Thermalright Frost Spirit 140 Black V3 // Phanteks M25 140mm // Display: Bezel 32MD845 V2 QHD // Keychron K8 Pro (Mod: Gateron black box ink; Tape mode on PCB and Keycaps) // Razer Cobra Wired Mouse // Audio Technica M50X Headphone // Sennheiser HD 650 // Genius SP-HF180 USB Speaker //

And Laptop Acer Nitro 5 AN515-45 for mobility

Phone:

iPhone 11 (with battery replaced instead of buying new phone for long term and not submitting (fully) to Apple Lord

37 minutes ago, ImWilly said:

It's a little bit high, but it doesn't mean it's dangerous

Probably because of RX 7900 XTX heat

As for me, my idle CPU temps are 41C at Noon (open windowed air) and 39C at night when the Air Condition 27C is on

And here is my setup

7800X3D, AORUS B650 ELITE AX, RX 7900 XT, Thermalright Peerless Assassin and stock thermal paste, Phanteks P300A (2x140mm Fr fan, 1x120mm rear and top), fan setting is silent on Gigabyte app

My suggestion is to check on your AIO companion app to see if the fan setting

Then run Cinebench to see the max temp

If it thermal throttle, then there's something wrong

Do you undervolt?

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

34 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

With no PBO undervolt that's normal in a warm room. 

I say warm room and noticed you said its 30c ambient. Yeah.. this is very normal lol. 

1 hour ago, Holmeset said:

That's an airflow case, so it's unlikely to be the problem unless your fan config is a mess, the intakes are clogged, etc. 40C in a 30 C room is good. 

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

10 minutes ago, RevGAM said:

Do you undervolt?

Nope, either it's silicon lottery or inaccuracy of Radeon reading, I guess

My System: Ryzen 7800X3D // Gigabyte B650 AORUS ELITE AX // 32GB DDR5 Silicon Power Zenith CL30 // Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT OC with mod heatsink on the metal plate  // Phanteks P300A  // Gigabyte Aorus GEN4 7300 PCIE 4.0 NVME // Kingston NV2 Gen4 PCIE 4.0 NVME // 

Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fully Modular // Thermalright Frost Spirit 140 Black V3 // Phanteks M25 140mm // Display: Bezel 32MD845 V2 QHD // Keychron K8 Pro (Mod: Gateron black box ink; Tape mode on PCB and Keycaps) // Razer Cobra Wired Mouse // Audio Technica M50X Headphone // Sennheiser HD 650 // Genius SP-HF180 USB Speaker //

Phone:

iPhone 11 (with battery replaced instead of buying new phone for long term and not submitting (fully) to Apple Lord

Just now, ImWilly said:

Nope, either it's silicon lottery or inaccuracy of Radeon reading, I guess

Why not give it a try?

35 minutes ago, RevGAM said:

Why not give it a try?

Sure, I have undervolt using -30 on all cores at Curve optimizer setting just now

It is a really cool result (figurate and literally)
I should mention in decimals for more accurate representation (to prevent misleading information as current trend occurs), and it's night in my time zone, so the temps will be different when the AC is off

Before Undervolt: around 39.5-39.9C

After Undervolt: around 38.3-38.7C

So it's 1 degree improvement, which is still a cool temp

EDIT:

All reading is through AMD Radeon software tracking

Edited by ImWilly
Additional Info

Phone:

Thanks all, just thought i read about 35C idle somewhere, but then theres no need to hunt lower temps really at 46C. Case and fans is brand new also, so dust :-)