Is this it for Colton?

aminit
14 minutes ago, nial538 said:

iirc on the wan show they said a while back that they hired 2 HR people

In the latest FP exclusive "Bizneyland Update Vlog" they have two HR people that they talk to.  It sounds like they are under Colton and my impression from the WAN show is that previously Yvonne was in charge of HR.

11 hours ago, Toxic Tuxxie said:

Colton may have made a serious mistake.

But the Madison situation still has to be addressed and whoever the members of Senior Management are that are being called out for being essentially "Abusive/harassing" have to answer for the situation and most importantly. Receipts.

Not just answer but removed from those positions.

11 hours ago, Toxic Tuxxie said:

But the Madison situation still has to be addressed and whoever the members of Senior Management are that are being called out for being essentially "Abusive/harassing" have to answer for the situation and most importantly. Receipts.

Hard to know exactly what happened. 
It's not rare for someone to be "managed out" though if they have performance and/or behavioral issues. 

It's possible that she wasn't working out as a hire (it happens) and that she was managed out. Being managed out is usually relatively slow and agonizingly stressful. Thank the legal system. 

A less generous interpretation of Madison's own words ("too much work/pressure") was that she couldn't handle the workload and that she wasn't getting along with people ("made to promise to stop being a drama queen").

It's entirely possible for all, some or none of the allegations to be true. 

One thing to be aware of - it's also possible for different people to have VERY different experiences at a company. It's also possible for one person to have very different experiences at a company following a transfer or re-org. The claims of one person should be taken with a grain of salt. 

3900x | 32GB RAM | RTX 2080

1.5TB Optane P4800X | 2TB Micron 1100 SSD | 16TB NAS w/ 10Gbe
QN90A | Polk R200, ELAC OW4.2, PB12-NSD, SB1000, HD800

11 hours ago, aminit said:

Will he finally get fired again for the Billet Lab blunder?

What do you think?

Why would he… Stop trying to create unnecessary drama. Should we start doing posts about why you should get fired from your job publicly?

11 hours ago, eskimododo said:

Colton is a good close friend of Linus and he has absolute immunity in the company. He will never be fired no matter how royally he screws up.

A good friend of mine once let me go from his company because I was a liability, not getting my work done, after trying and failing to ignore and work around a growing chronic health problem I had. It felt really shitty, but I don't really blame him. At the end of the day, he is responsible for the company and its performance.

2 hours ago, Aiken Drum said:

A good friend of mine once let me go from his company because I was a liability, not getting my work done, after trying and failing to ignore and work around a growing chronic health problem I had. It felt really shitty, but I don't really blame him. At the end of the day, he is responsible for the company and its performance.

Colton has also by all account done a reasonable job for the better part of a decade (I don't remember if he has been there for longer). A single rather bad failure like this is not going to sink him nor is there any guarantee his replacement will be better. Furthermore an organization that has weak processes, like LMG, is going to feel that loss of institutional knowledge a lot harder than one with strong processes. 

Linus POV: I think we need an HR and/nor PR department.
Linus POV: Nah, let's get another server.

15 hours ago, Toxic Tuxxie said:

It’s all heresy on her part.. At least GN had proof..

Colton has been fired three times since the start of this thread. He is in the finals for his position again to be rehired, he should have it before the end of the hour.

If they fire Colton then other team members (Linus) will actually have to start taking responsibility for their fuck ups. /s

23 hours ago, jnmaster said:

Why would he… Stop trying to create unnecessary drama. Should we start doing posts about why you should get fired from your job publicly?

I just read it as a continuation of the joke. 

On 8/16/2023 at 5:39 AM, aminit said:

Will he finally get fired again for the Billet Lab blunder?

What do you think?

On 8/16/2023 at 5:40 AM, LinusTech said:

no

Isn't he also the head of HR? If what Madison says is true, he should be fired. From the leaked audio about the harassment meeting it did not seem like Linus or anyone took it seriously. The Madison allegations should be the #1 priority and everything else needs to be put on hold until the situation is resolved.

• My system specs
  • View 91 Tempered Glass RGB Edition, No PSU, XL-ATX, Black, Full Tower Case
  • ROG MAXIMUS XI EXTREME, Intel Z390 Chipset, LGA 1151, HDMI, E-ATX Motherboard
  • Core™ i9-9900K 8-Core 3.6 - 5.0GHz Turbo, LGA 1151, 95W TDP, Processor
  • GeForce RTX™ 2080 Ti OC ROG-STRIX-RTX2080TI-O11G-GAMING, 1350 - 1665MHz, 11GB GDDR6, Graphics Card
  • ROG RYUJIN 360, 360mm Radiator, Liquid Cooling System
  • 32GB Kit (2 x 16GB) Trident Z DDR4 3200MHz, CL14, Silver-Red DIMM Memory
  • AX1600i Digital, 80 PLUS Titanium 1600W, Fanless Mode, Fully Modular, ATX Power Supply
  • Formula 7, 4g, 8.3 (W/m-K), Nano Diamond, Thermal Compound
  • On AIO cooler 6 x NF-F12 IPPC 3000 PWM 120x120x25mm 4Pin Fibre-glass SSO2 Heptaperf Retail
  • 6 x NF-A14 IPPC-3000 PWM 140mm, 3000 RPM, 158.5 CFM, 41.3 dBA, Cooling Fan
  • 1TB 970 PRO 2280, 3500 / 2700 MB/s, V-NAND 2-bit MLC, PCIe 3.0 x4 NVMe, M.2 SSD
  • Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 
  • Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Generation) Premium Gaming Headset
  • ROG PG279Q
  • Corsair K95 Platinum XT
  • ROG Sica

You know, it's always been a joke, but with BilletLabs and Madison....oof. When all this is said and done, one or more people are going to be shown the door. Assuming that can't be Linus or Yvonne... The short list right now would appear to be Colton, Adam, and James.

Colton and Adam really screwed the pooch with the BilletLabs thing, both with the auction and the video in general.

Colton owns the massive HR failure with Madison

The accuracy issues are coming from the writing department, so that's on James. 

@LinusTech Colton and whoever else was involved in the Madison situation NEEDS to be fired!

• My system specs
  • View 91 Tempered Glass RGB Edition, No PSU, XL-ATX, Black, Full Tower Case
  • ROG MAXIMUS XI EXTREME, Intel Z390 Chipset, LGA 1151, HDMI, E-ATX Motherboard
  • Core™ i9-9900K 8-Core 3.6 - 5.0GHz Turbo, LGA 1151, 95W TDP, Processor
  • GeForce RTX™ 2080 Ti OC ROG-STRIX-RTX2080TI-O11G-GAMING, 1350 - 1665MHz, 11GB GDDR6, Graphics Card
  • ROG RYUJIN 360, 360mm Radiator, Liquid Cooling System
  • 32GB Kit (2 x 16GB) Trident Z DDR4 3200MHz, CL14, Silver-Red DIMM Memory
  • AX1600i Digital, 80 PLUS Titanium 1600W, Fanless Mode, Fully Modular, ATX Power Supply
  • Formula 7, 4g, 8.3 (W/m-K), Nano Diamond, Thermal Compound
  • On AIO cooler 6 x NF-F12 IPPC 3000 PWM 120x120x25mm 4Pin Fibre-glass SSO2 Heptaperf Retail
  • 6 x NF-A14 IPPC-3000 PWM 140mm, 3000 RPM, 158.5 CFM, 41.3 dBA, Cooling Fan
  • 1TB 970 PRO 2280, 3500 / 2700 MB/s, V-NAND 2-bit MLC, PCIe 3.0 x4 NVMe, M.2 SSD
  • Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 
  • Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Generation) Premium Gaming Headset
  • ROG PG279Q
  • Corsair K95 Platinum XT
  • ROG Sica

Thread locked. Please continue the discussion about this situation in the other available threads.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450