What do we do now?

LinusTech
9 minutes ago, trustmebro16 said:

a structured, reviewed editted video. which is THE EXACT criticism we say they dont do enough. is now being criticised for being too polished
jfc keep moving the goalposts.

the video includes the ENTIRE chain of team where the recent errors have occured. The criticisms have been flung at linus, but u guys ignore the fact the errors were made by his team. so they are transparently showing you where the mistakes were made and how they are addressing them. i,e, steves comments about demonstrating a 10 step plan.
and whats ur interpretation? "TrYiNG to SoFTen the BloW!"
the video is free on youtube. they just upload to floatplane first and is faster than youtube to appear

The issue is the video is too polished, Linus is trying to downplay the issues and put a positive spin on it. It feels like they're trying to do PR damage control and it doesn't seem genuine when the the video is still scripted and the video is monetized.

LMG should've done a live unscripted video discussing what they can improve on, and a public apology with a call to Billet labs if they wanted to discuss it. Also the people rushing to defend Linus doesn't really look good either.

12 minutes ago, AHPanda said:

Not the first allegations to come out of ex employees. Don't discredit her.

yes. Even a bunch of otherwise nice people can behave in shitty ways, because that's what they've grown up with. Especially a bunch of young guys. They might behave poorly, not realising how they make others around them feel. 

1 minute ago, Empyreal said:

Are there anyone to backup Madison's claims? Doesn't she bear the burden of proof if she's dropping these kind of claims? Or are people just going to gobble up any sob story written by anyone on Twitter?

I'm sorry to sound heartless but I'm less inclined to believe stuff without evidence because that's not how the world is supposed to function.

The only people who can back up her claims are other people who were around - the most reliable of whom likely still work there. If she's right, and it's a toxic place to work, then those people would obviously be far less willing to back her up (in public or in court) for fear of recriminations.

So whether she's right or wrong, it's still impossible to prove. Unless somebody who doesn't work there any more pipes up, at which point we get to do the "it's just sour grapes from a disgruntled ex-employee" merry-go-round again.

If you were in that position, what would you do? Just shut up and put up with having been treated like crap, or take the first opportunity where it looks as though there might finally be some negativity around the company to say something?

2 minutes ago, TheSaiyan said:

She's like what? 
She's lying? 
Exaggerating? 
You are treating everything she has said in the exact same way she describes how they treated her complaints at the company. 

He says, she says. There's no weight in her claims. She has the burden of proof and so far she hasn't produced anything tangible.

If anyone can crucify anyone on an online platform with just about anything. This world is fucked.

13 minutes ago, TheFlyingSquirrel said:

Now that LMG has taken action.

Can all the trolls, immature kids and fake fans/community members take their hate and toxicity out of our forum.  You dont have to leave, just move forward.

Yes, holy sh*t i'm basically just skipping through comments made by people who just recently join or weren't active in forum previously.

The amount of toxicity is actually worse here compared to YT comment section

5 minutes ago, Empyreal said:

Are there anyone to backup Madison's claims? Doesn't she bear the burden of proof if she's dropping these kind of claims? Or are people just going to gobble up any sob story written by anyone on Twitter?

I'm sorry to sound heartless but I'm less inclined to believe stuff without evidence because that's not how the world is supposed to function.

I backup the claims and made a record of it in wayback machine

Linus obviously had has way to much on his plate this doesn't excuse his role as he was the boss I will give LTT a few months to see where they go from here I just hope the witch hunt does not hurt Steve or anyone who did or does work for LTT mistakes will happen its a fact but its how you deal with bad practice's and change them that's the thing that will help more than anything I just hope Linus gets back to how he was years ago I could see and hear the stress in his videos. Steve from Gamers nexus did what's right hard to hear maybe but that's what tech journalism should be no personal emotion should be involved and the hard truth should be told 

It seems there are two issues Maddison raised in her tweets:

• Toxic work culture
  • Sexual harassment

The first was partially addressed in this video, the second has yet to be addressed. Sexual harassment is the far more serious issue that needs to be dealt with very carefully or else LMG faces serious backlash from the community and very likely legal action. Is it fair to speculate on what's actually happening without knowing both sides of the story?

CPU: Intel Core i7 6790x | Motherboard: Asus ROG Rampage V Extreme X99 | Graphics Card: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | RAM: 32Gb Corsair Vengeance | | PSU: Cooler Master 1200W Platinum | Case: Lian Li Lancool 2 | Cooling: Corsair 360mmm AIO

Just now, digitalscream said:

The only people who can back up her claims are other people who were around - the most reliable of whom likely still work there. If she's right, and it's a toxic place to work, then those people would obviously be far less willing to back her up (in public or in court) for fear of recriminations.

So whether she's right or wrong, it's still impossible to prove. Unless somebody who doesn't work there any more pipes up, at which point we get to do the "it's just sour grapes from a disgruntled ex-employee" merry-go-round again.

If you were in that position, what would you do? Just shut up and put up with having been treated like crap, or take the first opportunity where it looks as though there might finally be some negativity around the company to say something?

Why isn't there any receipts of messages while she was working there? Were all communications between her and LMG verbal? Was she so stressed out that she lost all logical and critical thinking to be savvy enough to gather evidence?

Sorry, I just can't believe that there's not a single receipt of the exchange. 

None of this needs to be in a video you dont need to tell us what your gonna do...

We can see it ourselves.

If you improve the quality of information you present we will notice. I understand damage control is what is being done now but to pretend all of this was lead from one event is missing the point.

This has been going on for a long time and some of the issues run deep into the culture at LTT.

Cant be fixed overnight no one expects it too. If you are serious this will take time and requires a GENIUNE openness and commitment to stick with it and implement changes.

Some of these things may impact profitability short term. Like longer production times are more expensive.

Not accepting some sponsorships where conflicts of interest exist may decrease revenue 

We know why you done these things. We all see the quality go downhill to maximize profits the past few years.

The company really needs to make a decision and its a business one if it wants to listen and implement change or risk its viewership going forward. Afterall its our eyeballs that makes linus money or perhaps he forgot that.

Its not his sponsors. 

7 minutes ago, trustmebro16 said:

is not that this is a corporate apology

its that you guys would never accept an apology anyway no matter how sincere

It is a corporate apology from a corporation. Damage has been done, I'm waiting for actions to change my mind, not the "look, we're passing on a week-worth money, is it good enough for you?"

I will wait for a) Billet lab response, because I don't trust LTT anymore after literal lies and disinformation (which were framed as "emotional response", my ass)

b) Maddison thread comment and handling

2 minutes ago, trustmebro16 said:

these sociopaths just want to be vindicated for their pitchforks earlier and want blood and any justification to nitpick and find it

Internet rage mobs only ever treat apologies as then next thing to get mad at. Even when August Ames killed herself, it wasn't enough for some members of the mob. I don't want seem like Ronson's publicist or something but his August Ames story is a must listen for anyone interested in what these mob attacks are like.

2 minutes ago, trustmebro16 said:

they never wanted growth and development which is wat steve sought for

We're going to have to agree to disagree here about GN. What they wanted out of this was drama clicks and they got them in spades. They are going to keep making drama videos about this, just like they milked their NewEgg and Artesian drama for absolutely every drop they could. Steve's probably on his way to BC now so that he can film himself standing out in front of LMG's building. 

Why isn't there any receipts of messages while she was working there? Were all communications between her and LMG verbal? Was she so stressed out that she lost all logical and critical thinking to be savvy enough to gather evidence?

Why would you say something incriminating in a written message. They're not that dumb.

This is a well polished semi corporate non response to some of the issues that have been raised. 

For me at least they could stop making videos and the world would be better off. I've watched ltt for around 7 years now. And the latest issues that have been brought up just made me sick. Madison being the last nail in the coffin.

Even if they will make the best videos I don't think they will be worth watching. Really dissapointing because of the events that occurred in these last few days just buried LTT for me. I am disappointed and LMG/LTT lost the respect I had for them. 

They should have waited one more day and address everything. From what happened with Madison, the conflicts of intrest, how to make sure these will not happen again, to what they have said in this video regarding production. Maybe they will discuss everything on wanshow, or they will make a shirt with "we didn't sell it we auctioned it" or "thanks steve"

Just now, eggbox1 said:

Why would you say something incriminating in a written message. They're not that dumb.

people mess up every so often

...just off the top of my head...because all emails would be on LMG servers, which she no longer has access to, and to take copies of them before leaving would violate any employment contract worth its salt.

Also, most of the events in question were verbal or physical, so obviously they weren't documented (especially since she was so inexperienced in handling immature workplaces at the time).

Just now, digitalscream said:

...just off the top of my head...because all emails would be on LMG servers, which she no longer has access to, and to take copies of them before leaving would violate any employment contract worth its salt.

Also, most of the events in question were verbal or physical, so obviously they weren't documented (especially since she was so inexperienced in handling immature workplaces at the time).

they don't use LMG servers for emails, last i knew they used gmail

7 minutes ago, Alex T88 said:

That's definitely true. What's even harder, is admitting your own faults and sincerely regretting them. Most of the times, people in such positions, only regret they got caught red handed and try to mimic remorse.

I wish I had seen this earlier, I was just writing how one of the key things about internet rage mobs is that apologies are never good enough. Apologies are just another thing for the mob to rage at. 

This comment is such a perfect example of that, I wish I had seen it and included it my previous post. 

2 hours ago, SorryBella said:

Gonna summarize it before its unprivated

Yeah. Predicted bullseye on Linus segment. Why do i bother trying anymore?

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

I'm more worried about the Madison situation than video accuracy or even the Billet labs thing. 

Sure 3 tweets 2 tiktoks and whatever, i won't comment on the quantity of the workload, 

BUT her work being denigrated and insulted, and her job being threatened by "upper management", there needs to be something done about this.

It's unacceptable. 

17 minutes ago, trustmebro16 said:

i think billet was replying specific to Steves semantic line of questioning
they didnt recieve a reply after all since Colton forgot to CC them in his email (lol)

the issue here is that steve drones on about not needing to reach out for comment

this is a prime example of why YOU ABSOLUTELY SHOULD. he wouldve gotten clear information from linus with evidence they tried to reach out before monday.

but steve unprofressionally ranted on over semantics insinuating linus was lying

linus didnt help the matter being so brash with this comments. but steve isnt innocennt here fanning flames and hes gunna get away with it

Except we have Linus saying Billet was paid and it was fine, except LMG didn't pay Billet until GN put up their video. I'm not sure I believe Linus when his company ignored the request to send back the block then sold it and then tried to say they didn't sell they auctioned it.

The reaching out for comment is a nice thing to do, but not required. If GN had reached out first, then LMG and Linus would've tried to cover up the whole Billet issue and would've denied all of things GN said that LMG needs to improve on as being any issue because LTT has millions of subscribers more than GN does.

Steve wasn't going on semantics or lying in his video, all of it was public information and contacting Billet labs, there wouldn't be any reason for GN to lie and lying would only get them into legal issues.

Also Steve doesn't post on this forum, that I have ever noticed anyway, I'd like to see him post a comment regarding this topic but he's probably busy doing more productive things for a video.

2 minutes ago, Kravatie1 said:

they don't use LMG servers for emails, last i knew they used gmail

Fair enough, I've never paid that much attention to details like that. But...the first thing they'd have done is archive her emails and delete her corporate Google account, so my point stands in that either way she would no longer have access to them. 

I think LMG need to lock signups for the time being to stop the trolls from posting hate. yeah I know I'm a low poster but it's the smart thing to do for the housekeeping week.