What do we do now?

LinusTech
Just now, ramp said:

So no response at all to the whole Madison situation huh?

It really makes all the comments in the video where they talk about "keeping employees happy and well fed" ring hollow.

I just HOPE it's because they didn't know about it before publishing the video, but if they published this video knowing fair well about Madison's tweet - I mean there'd be no words for that.

Please address this - and for all LTT fans (I am/was one of you!), please do not just take this video as proof and drop it. Not until they address her experiences at work.

This was recorded hours ago, before the Madison situation was exposed. They can't re-record now since it's like 3 am or something there.

1 minute ago, AHPanda said:

Evident by the fact she just made a long thread about how it affected her... Clearly resolved!

Get that D out of your R and realise LMG doesn't care about this community.

Just leave if you're not happy being in the community buddy.

16 minutes ago, Woddell said:

Billet 'specifically requested' GN not to release. No where does it say LMG/LTT couldn't.  

Typically emails between businesses are considered confidential. I am surprised they felt comfortable openly showing a screenshot.

1 minute ago, AHPanda said:

Not the first allegations to come out of ex employees. Don't discredit her.

where they allegations true?

Just now, Silveraga said:

Disagree. He had to be there. Calm down and like he did, stop reacting on the spot with your emotions

Exactly. He'd be lynched for not being there, now he is being lynched for being there. Is being quiet for a few hours so you can calm down and put out a response that's not accusatory or egregious a bad thing? You're going to get lynched either way, so you might as well be calm when putting out your apology

CPU: Intel Core i7 6790x | Motherboard: Asus ROG Rampage V Extreme X99 | Graphics Card: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | RAM: 32Gb Corsair Vengeance | | PSU: Cooler Master 1200W Platinum | Case: Lian Li Lancool 2 | Cooling: Corsair 360mmm AIO

1 minute ago, TheSaiyan said:

This was heartbreaking to read...

Yes it was. I wish they proper address that.
The video was presumably recorded before it came out but let not allow this to be thrown under the rug. 

This font is amazing.

Well, I hope LMG delivers on their promises of process change.

I'm not here to hate on Linus, and I really hope they do good in their future videos. I'm looking forward to their videos again after their housecleaning.

3 minutes ago, yoc said:

Yup, I've seen the video.
My first impressions are:

• It looks too much artificial, full of nothing.
  • It clearly tries to soften Linus blame by including everyone which people are presumably less angry at.
  • Luke was great, including the Trust Me Bro and the ad-block fiascos in it's statement really shows how honest he is.

I didn't see the new screwdriver plug that some people was talking about here. Was it removed or was I just distracted?
Also, never paywall this kind of video. What a shitty thing to do.

a structured, reviewed editted video. which is THE EXACT criticism we say they dont do enough. is now being criticised for being too polished
jfc keep moving the goalposts.

the video includes the ENTIRE chain of team where the recent errors have occured. The criticisms have been flung at linus, but u guys ignore the fact the errors were made by his team. so they are transparently showing you where the mistakes were made and how they are addressing them. i,e, steves comments about demonstrating a 10 step plan.
and whats ur interpretation? "TrYiNG to SoFTen the BloW!"
the video is free on youtube. they just upload to floatplane first and is faster than youtube to appear

Just now, RockerBug17 said:

Made an early reply that I'd like to redact after watching the LMG video response.

LMG should improve itself with the sole intention of crushing Gamers Nexus. Do the job so well that they can't compete anymore. Then buy them. It's what they deserve. At least, that's what I'd do to the bastards that made my wife that uncomfortable.

Look at this rockefeller. Wow, so badass of you to say that. Did you realize that without NG's outing, LMG would've continued as is?

3 minutes ago, Kravatie1 said:

they are still leeching on the madison thing now

Leeching?  What?

She had 7 social posts a day and 2 floatplane exclusives to do(Not exactly difficult).  She left for mental health reasons.  Why exactly is that bad?

Intel 12400F | 2x8 3000Mhz Corsair LPX | ASRock H570M-ITX  | Noctua DH-N14 | Corsair MP50 480GB | Meshilicious | Corsair SF600Fedora

Thanks let me know if I said something useful. Cheers!

Just now, DrHax34 said:

This was recorded hours ago, before the Madison situation was exposed. They can't re-record now since it's like 3 am or something there.

Just now, Kravatie1 said:

like multiple people have said before, it was too early for them/video would of needed to be re-done, its probably more for legal people

I agree with you guys, that's why my comment explicitely mentions "I just HOPE it's because they didn't know about it before publishing the video".

But - creating the video and publishing it are different things happening at different times.

If they didn't know about it whilst shooting this video, but they knew about Madison's situation when publishing this video, that in my mind is still a very bad decision.

They could have delayed publishing this video, made alterations or whatever was necessary if they knew about Madison before publishing the video. Yeah, that would have cost some extra time and money, but this is too important to ignore.

Thank you.

This is what I would expect from old LTT - an honest video explaining what happened and how and what's next.

I've set up my account on the forum to voice my concerns and the poor standards of handling the issues raised by GN.

I have voiced my opinion loudly in the hopes that it would do some good.

The video was a bit goofy but looks honest. Not going to lie, looking at facial expressions alone - there is quite a bit of fear in your eyes and quite a lot of internal anger in Luke's(I might be misreading this thou). I hope this will pass.

As harsh as the criticisms were, I so want you to succeed and win this. 

I was never a fanboy, but I was loving your content, your ability to be entertaining, informative and take on builds and risks no one else would.

Make sure you follow up on all the things you have promised here.

One tiny thing left. I do wonder if - you now have an entire corporation at your disposal. Can this really still be the LTT that acts like a youtube channel?

I guess the verdict on that is still out.

I was taught that if the harsh lesson has been learned you should always follow it up with words of encouragement.

Go get them LTT!

3 minutes ago, MSMSMSM said:

Saw the video upload and immediately came here, I've started to notice more Cloudflare captchas and longer verification before I can even use the site. What's going on?

A whole lotta extra traffic to the forum, I'm guessing.

2 minutes ago, ramp said:

So no response at all to the whole Madison situation huh?

It really makes all the comments in the video where they talk about "keeping employees happy and well fed" ring hollow.

I just HOPE it's because they didn't know about it before publishing the video, but if they published this video knowing fair well about Madison's tweet - I mean there'd be no words for that.

Please address this - and for all LTT fans (I am/was one of you!), please do not just take this video as proof and drop it. Not until they address her experiences at work.

Edit:

And on that note it's also tone deaf to start plugging your new screwdriver colors in this video jesus christ guys.

I think her tweets came out after the first debacle happened, I wouldn't be surprised if they're going to hold Linus back and confiscate his phone and computer (so he doesn't send out a half-arsed apology) until they figure out what's going on

CPU: Intel Core i7 6790x | Motherboard: Asus ROG Rampage V Extreme X99 | Graphics Card: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | RAM: 32Gb Corsair Vengeance | | PSU: Cooler Master 1200W Platinum | Case: Lian Li Lancool 2 | Cooling: Corsair 360mmm AIO

2 minutes ago, Silveraga said:

Just leave if you're not happy being in the community buddy.

That's like saying leave your broken bike at the repair shop when you're not happy with the repair. Get a grip buddy.

Just now, TheFlyingSquirrel said:

Leeching?  What?

She had 7 social posts a day and 2 floatplane exclusives to do(Not exactly difficult).  She left for mental health reasons.  Why exactly is that bad?

She left because she got sexually harassed and the managers told her to man up she did a long twitter about it 4 hours ago. 

2 minutes ago, Corey Clak said:

Also, it's 4 am there. So that video was filmed earlier on that day, before the Madison stuff. Want them to rerecord at 2-3 am.....

No. they should have stopped the release of this video and reconciled with the testimony of Madison. Right now it is her side and not LMGs. They have to be open about these allegations otherwise they will ride this whole ship into the ground and everything was for nothing. No matter what your intentions as a company are harassing, intimidating, shaming, assaulting employees is a not acceptable at all in any way.

Just now, TheFlyingSquirrel said:

Leeching?  What?

just all the stuff she spewed on twitter

1 minute ago, trustmebro16 said:

the video is free on youtube. they just upload to floatplane first and is faster than youtube to appear

Not true, see the Linus comment on FP that was shared by a lot of people in this topic. It was pay-walled until people start to complain about it.

This font is amazing.

2 minutes ago, AHPanda said:

Look at this rockefeller. Wow, so badass of you to say that. Did you realize that without NG's outing, LMG would've continued as is?

Look at this psychic. You realize you have absolutely nothing to back that up?

Member 4250

5 minutes ago, Aiken Drum said:

This is not what humility looks like. This is what trying and failing to suppress your pride and hurt feelings looks like.

100% agreed ! Not to mention, not addressing the elephant in the room. 

"We were slow shipping back the GPU that Billet Labs sent us"... is he joking ? How about auctioning the monoblock, a one of a kind prototype... what's his take on that ?! Or is that already swept under the rug, as far as he is concerned... I could not believe what I was hearing. Starting to think he became intoxicated with the influence/power/popularity he has and he is too far gone. So gone, that not even his wife and closest friends can bring him back. In my opinion, for the sake of LMG and everyone involved, with good intentions and willing to make a change for the better, he should step down, at least for a few months. Take some time for himself, clear his head, focus on anything else but LMG. Otherwise might end up destroying himself and everything that he built and not only the company, but friendships and potentially his family. He should definitely take some time off and come back with a clear head, for everybody's sake, including his own. At least, this is how I see it. 

I'm honestly glad they addressed the concerns and some of the pitfalls they fell into, I hope the week that they'll take off will imply some changes and quality improvements.

However, this apology video was unnecessarily cheesy. Why the LTT Store plug and why the cringey sponsor remarks???

I realize this is an edutainment channel, I've been watching LTT for almost a decade at this point, but I expected a bit more of a professional response, honestly.

But I hope everything they said in the video was in good faith and will actually be better going forward. IMO, they've shown they can make extremely high quality content when on an cooler schedule, with the best example being Mac Address, which is personally my favorite of the LMG channels.

Athlon X2 for only 27.31$   Best part lists at different price points   Windows 1.01 running natively on an Eee PC

My rig:

Spoiler

Celeronator (new main rig)

CPU: Intel Celeron (duh) N2840 2.16GHz Dual Core

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz

HDD: Seagate 500GB

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000 Series

Spoiler

Frankenhertz (ex main rig)

CPU: Intel Atom N2600 1.6GHz Dual Core

RAM: 1GB DDR3-800

HDD: HGST 320GB

GPU: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 3600

Just now, RockerBug17 said:

Look at this psychic. You realize you have absolutely nothing to back that up?

I'm not a psychic, I am however a common user and consumer of LOGIC. I suggest you get some. You can usually find it in your grey matter, if any remains inside that skull of yours, that is.

9 minutes ago, Silveraga said:

Finally a proper response. Thank you very much for this video. I also see that Billet Labs had not been 100% transparent about communications between LTT and them. Even if there was a communication error, the fact remains that we did not have both sides of the coin. I'm glad you're taking a break from the videos to improve processes and take the time to get things back on track. I love the team and Linus, all I mainly wanted was for us to have a reasonable response with plans to resolve the situation and your side of the coin. What you provided with this video. Thank you all for this video. Take the time you need, we love you very much!

i think billet was replying specific to Steves semantic line of questioning
they didnt recieve a reply after all since Colton forgot to CC them in his email (lol)

the issue here is that steve drones on about not needing to reach out for comment

this is a prime example of why YOU ABSOLUTELY SHOULD. he wouldve gotten clear information from linus with evidence they tried to reach out before monday.

but steve unprofressionally ranted on over semantics insinuating linus was lying

linus didnt help the matter being so brash with this comments. but steve isnt innocennt here fanning flames and hes gunna get away with it