Madison reveals experiences working at LMG

baK1
Message added by SansVarnic,

*03NOV2023: Topic is now locked for the time until the investigation results are released, will not be re-open prior.*

We the Moderation Team understand this is a hot topic. Many have their own views and opinions on this subject. We request that members keep comments on the topic and refrain from personal attacks and derailments. We are diligently working to keep this thread clean and civil. Please do your part and follow the expectations and rules of the forum.

Violators will of course receive action against their commentary if we feel you have crossed the line. This is not an action to censor or silence you, it is an action to remove and prevent violations of the forum rules and keep the forum clean and civil.

That said. If your comment was removed, likely it was due to the above. If you have an issue, take it up with the mods via a pm and we will discuss it with you.

Lastly please only report comments if they violate the forum rules.

Please do not report comments with only opposing opinions, it eats up the report system.

Just now, Cosmic Emotion said:

It's pretty obvious what's happening. Your love for LTT is blinding you as many other people on here. Try and look at the current situation. Does anyone seriously consider that LMG is gonna get away with this? The only ones that will save them, if that happens, are the normies who will have no idea of what's happened. These posts on Twitter have much more meaning than you think. The will of the people is the will of God when it comes to content creation. Your are riding on a Floatplane if you think anything is gonna be saved after all this.

I think making predictions about the will of people is a fickle practice, fraught with risks.  Peoples attention is limited, their ability to remain enraged deficient.  

My prediction?  Late this week, or early next, LMG will announce they have hired x company to investigate this.  Then, late next week, they will announce they are cutting the number of videos they need to put out a week, and working on fixing their corporate culture.  There will be some people who leave.  In 2 months, this will come up occasionally from someone on reddit somewhere, and everyone else will forget it was a thing.  In 3 months, a report gets published, and that will either reignite everything, or permanently bury it as people are fired and punished.

The idea that the ADHD ridden public, who is always looking for the next bit of drama, isn't going to immediately forget about this the second that XQC says something stupid or some other public figure does something or says something, or is accused of something.

As for them getting away with it, once again, these are unproven accusations, with no evidence.  While this is not a court of law, I refuse to have my opinions or my beliefs influenced by mere conjecture, or accusations.

I completely agree with Steve on the GN video, and the stuff that LTT needs to unfuck for their videos.  The stuff with Madison is up in the air until there is more information available.

1 minute ago, RatKnight said:

I think making predictions about the will of people is a fickle practice, fraught with risks.  Peoples attention is limited, their ability to remain enraged deficient.  

My prediction?  Late this week, or early next, LMG will announce they have hired x company to investigate this.  Then, late next week, they will announce they are cutting the number of videos they need to put out a week, and working on fixing their corporate culture.  There will be some people who leave.  In 2 months, this will come up occasionally from someone on reddit somewhere, and everyone else will forget it was a thing.  In 3 months, a report gets published, and that will either reignite everything, or permanently bury it as people are fired and punished.

The idea that the ADHD ridden public, who is always looking for the next bit of drama, isn't going to immediately forget about this the second that XQC says something stupid or some other public figure does something or says something, or is accused of something.

As for them getting away with it, once again, these are unproven accusations, with no evidence.  While this is not a court of law, I refuse to have my opinions or my beliefs influenced by mere conjecture, or accusations.

I completely agree with Steve on the GN video, and the stuff that LTT needs to unfuck for their videos.  The stuff with Madison is up in the air until there is more information available.

Have you even been on Reddit/X? LMG is already gone. I have just grabbed my pop corn for the grand finale. Madison took them out single-handedly which is SOOOO freaking awesome! 🙂

CPU: 7900X

GPU: 7900XTX

RAM: 32 GBs DDR5

1 minute ago, Cosmic Emotion said:

Have you even been on Reddit/X? LMG is already gone. I have just grabbed my pop corn for the grand finale. Madison took them out single-handedly which is SOOOO freaking awesome! 🙂

I think you are blinded by exactly the same kind of thinking you accuse me of, and have completely missed my point.

LTT's main channel lost 100k subs in the first day.  Since then, the sub loss seems to have stopped.  Social media is an echo chamber, one in which people convince themselves that reality is something they understand.  Reality is never as cut and dry as you are trying to make it out to be.  Nothing is this simplistic in the real world.

I'll believe her when she files a police report. Until then, I'll just consider it another social media attention rent where people think that just because they didn't involved the law, that they can say whatever they want without consequences. Hate to put every GenZ in the same bucket, but we have a few in out company who's parent have clearly never said NO to and always got a participation trophy. It's clear that they had no idea what the real world was like and think that criticizing their work = harassment. As for the gropping part, doubt someone with 2 young daughters would ever do or allow someone to do in his company, so again, police report or GTFU.

1 minute ago, Waifu4Life said:

I'll believe her when she files a police report. Until then, I'll just consider it another social media attention rent where people think that just because they didn't involved the law, that they can say whatever they want without consequences. Hate to put every GenZ in the same bucket, but we have a few in out company who's parent have clearly never said NO to and always got a participation trophy. It's clear that they had no idea what the real world was like and think that criticizing their work = harassment. As for the gropping part, doubt someone with 2 young daughters would ever do or allow someone to do in his company, so again, police report or GTFU.

I almost replied with a screenshot of your profile picture and "😐" but...

It's not that easy, for reasons that have been explained at length over the last few pages.

5 minutes ago, RatKnight said:

I think you are blinded by exactly the same kind of thinking you accuse me of, and have completely missed my point.

LTT's main channel lost 100k subs in the first day.  Since then, the sub loss seems to have stopped.  Social media is an echo chamber, one in which people convince themselves that reality is something they understand.  Reality is never as cut and dry as you are trying to make it out to be.  Nothing is this simplistic in the real world.

Perhaps you're right.

Many people have remained just to troll/hate/dislike. Don't assume Linus has 15.5 million dedicated folllowers that will put up with anything he does or even wait until proven guity.

CPU: 7900X

GPU: 7900XTX

RAM: 32 GBs DDR5

4 minutes ago, Waifu4Life said:

She may not want to fight it legally. At least one former colleague corroborated her story, one active employee sent a tweet out in support of her, and at least one former colleague liked her story tweets. Even if no actually laws have been broken, it seems very likely that all is not well at LMG.

3 minutes ago, kalleth said:

I almost replied with a screenshot of your profile picture and "😐" but...

It's not that easy, for reasons that have been explained at length over the last few pages.

I don't understand your first sentence

As for a police report, it's not that hard, even if she went back to the States, she can still file one by phone with the local police department of where LMG is located.

Just now, Cosmic Emotion said:

Perhaps you're right.

Many people have remained just to troll/hate/dislike. Don't assume Linus has 15.5 million dedicated folllowers that will put up with anything he does or even wait until proven guity.

The only thing I wish to advocate for is giving LTT a fair chance to respond.  I give Madison massive respect for coming forward and sharing her experiences, but I must also give LTT a chance to answer both the accusations, and give them the chance to show they can clean house / be better if the accusations are true.

They get one chance to not fuck this up.  One Chance.

I think what you will find is that the vast majority of people who consume their content are not plugged into reddit, or X/twitter or whatever they are calling it this week, and probably wouldn't have known anythign was going on if LTT hadn't posted a video.

I am not saying that they have 15.5 million supporters, I am merely saying that we have seen mass unsubs from other creators for far lesser accusations that resulted in the loss of millions of subs... 100k, even 200k is a sub 3% portion of their subscribers.  That is 200k people who were upset enough to go to the page and unsubscribe.  The unsubs on Floatplane have been far more dramatic, and are quickly approaching 25%, but those users are generally more plugged in then YT viewers.

At the end of the day, I am not trying to predict the future.  I just want to advocate for all sides to have the chance to present what they have to say before we act as judge, jury and executioner.

2 minutes ago, dwkekciej said:

She may not want to fight it legally. At least one former colleague corroborated her story, one active employee sent a tweet out in support of her, and at least one former colleague liked her story tweets. Even if no actually laws have been broken, it seems very likely that all is not well at LMG.

Who said anything about fighting it legally? There's a difference between suing and filing a police report. The goal of a police report is to eventually have someone arrested and trialled, won't cost her money, only the Vancouver's taxpayer's money. Of course, if all of this is bullshit, then of course she won't file a police report because then, she'd be in trouble.

6 minutes ago, Waifu4Life said:

And here we have a precise example of the misogynistic, paternalist attitude that can makes victims feel there is no purpose in trying to report things.

Also, you must be incredibly naive to believe that just because someone has "2 young daughters" they would never allow this behaviour.   

17 minutes ago, Cosmic Emotion said:

That is like Saitama, didn't even use the other hand. LMG gone, Maddie wins this fight

1 minute ago, Waifu4Life said:

Who said anything about fighting it legally? There's a difference between suing and filing a police report. The goal of a police report is to eventually have someone arrested and trialled, won't cost her money, only the Vancouver's taxpayer's money. Of course, if all of this is bullshit, then of course she won't file a police report because then, she'd be in trouble.

You do realise that almost nothing she's talked about or that people are mad about rises to the level of "criminal liability", from a legal standpoint, right? The police would ignore her, in almost any country, because everything being alleged here is a civil matter.

Just now, Mutex01 said:

And here we have a precise example of the misogynistic, paternalist attitude that can makes victims feel there is no purpose in trying to report things.

Also, you must be incredibly naive to believe that just because someone has "2 young daughters" they would never allow this behaviour.   

Bet you were disappointed in the Amber Heard Vs Johnny Depp case.

Just now, Mutex01 said:

So she doesn't need to file a police report? I am confused here. Can you kindly tell me the reason without using too many words? Like in 100 words maybe?

Just now, kalleth said:

You do realise that almost nothing she's talked about or that people are mad about rises to the level of "criminal liability", from a legal standpoint, right? The police would ignore her, in almost any country, because everything being alleged here is a civil matter.

Is the police misogynistic? Why aren't we cancelling police in almost every country? I am confused again. This should be our number 1 concern right now

1 minute ago, kalleth said:

euh, last time I checked, sexual groping and harassment was a crime.

Just now, Waifu4Life said:

Bet you were disappointed in the Amber Heard Vs Johnny Depp case.

I didn't really follow the case as I don't really care about either of them.   

What are you trying to say?

Just now, hmfaysal said:

So she doesn't need to file a police report? I am confused here. Can you kindly tell me the reason without using too many words? Like in 100 words maybe?

There is nothing in the law that compels someone to file a police report.

I wish she had, because that lends more credibility, but I understand all the reasons that people do not want to engage with the legal system in matters like this.

1 minute ago, hmfaysal said:

Is the police misogynistic? Why aren't we cancelling police in almost every country? I am confused again. This should be our number 1 concern right now

Tell me you don't understand the difference between civil vs criminal law, without telling me that you don't understand the difference between civil and criminal law.

-moderated content removed-

As for my comment re: the allegations, they are just that. Allegations. Until proven true or false, they should be treated as such. And with LMG doing an internal review, and hiring an outside investigator, I am sure a conclusion will be found soon as to whether or not Madison's claims are truly accurate, or if they are false. If they end up being false, I expect LMG to look into legal action over Madison attempting to damage their reputation with false claims. Discrimination, sexual harassment or abuse, or other toxic workplace conditions are explicitly forbidden under multiple Canadian laws and statutes, including the Criminal Code of Canada, numerous provincial acts in British Columbia, and the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms itself.

The truth will reveal itself. Until then I am not picking a side. 

PC Specifications:

CPU: Intel Core i7 13700K

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming Wi-Fi

Memory: 32GB Trident Z5 RGB DDR5 7200 MHz CL34 @ 7600 MHz

GPU: AMD Radeon™ RX 7900 XTX (ASUS TUF Gaming OC Edition)

Storage: 2 TB Western Digital SN850X, 1 TB Western Digital SN850, 2 TB Seagate Momentus SpinPoint M9T

Power Supply: Corsair RM850x (2021)

Case: Fractal Design Torrent (white, non-RGB)

Monitor: TCL 55R617

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow V3 (Quartz)

Mouse: Razer Viper Ultimate Wireless

DAC & Amp: Schiit Modi+ & Schiit Magni+

Headphones: Philips Fidelio X2HR

1 minute ago, RatKnight said:

There is nothing in the law that compels someone to file a police report.

I wish she had, because that lends more credibility, but I understand all the reasons that people do not want to engage with the legal system in matters like this.

Well, aren't we playing with peoples credibility and honor here? I keep forgetting what we are even talking about given all the tangents we keep taking

1 minute ago, kalleth said:

Tell me you don't understand the difference between civil vs criminal law, without telling me that you don't understand the difference between civil and criminal law.

I do understand the difference. Hence the question. Are you talking about damages?

I said, I want Madison to get something out of this fiasco, like money or something, which she deserves