Madison reveals experiences working at LMG

baK1
Message added by SansVarnic,

*03NOV2023: Topic is now locked for the time until the investigation results are released, will not be re-open prior.*

We the Moderation Team understand this is a hot topic. Many have their own views and opinions on this subject. We request that members keep comments on the topic and refrain from personal attacks and derailments. We are diligently working to keep this thread clean and civil. Please do your part and follow the expectations and rules of the forum.

Violators will of course receive action against their commentary if we feel you have crossed the line. This is not an action to censor or silence you, it is an action to remove and prevent violations of the forum rules and keep the forum clean and civil.

That said. If your comment was removed, likely it was due to the above. If you have an issue, take it up with the mods via a pm and we will discuss it with you.

Lastly please only report comments if they violate the forum rules.

Please do not report comments with only opposing opinions, it eats up the report system.

1 minute ago, zoopers said:

You know that going to court isn't private, right? It would come out and fans would rip her apart. Like they already are.

Which is exactly what's happening and why she took this opportunity to go public. She was hoping that with the existing controversy, the heat on her wouldn't be as high. Do you know how terrifying it is to speak up about workplace abuse when the company has a lot more power and influence in the industry? None of you would take her seriously if she came out with this BEFORE the controversy broke either.

Unfortunately for her I treat her a lot less seriously now. This has been beaten to no end here. Harassment is a crime and should be reported to the police. Your fears, mindset, mental ability or health does not come in to play here. Twitter is not the place to throw accusations at people. Not reporting a crime - which harassment is - is allowing it to continue and ensures that there will be another victim. Not reporting a crime and then bursting out on Twitter 2 years after it - that just makes you another silly woman that enforces a stereotype of weak women that are unable to make any decisions, therefore should never be promoted to any positions of power or even employed at a workplace as it is a stressful environment.  Grow a god damn spine and do what is right.

2 minutes ago, zoopers said:

69 is a sex joke. There's no way around it. It refers to a well-known sexual act and nobody with two braincells to rub together is unaware of that. 

If you're trying to claim that it's something it's not, then you're straight-up being dishonest. That seems to be quite on-brand for LTT, so you should consider applying for a job there.

As of this post you have exactly 6 posts. Three more and you'll have 9, and somehow you are the morality expert, a mind reader, and Luke's tele-therapist who know's exactly what he is thinking. Quick, accuse me of making a 69 joke.

2 minutes ago, EtaCarinae said:

Just so everyone's aware, Maxine liked Madison's tweet, not unlike when Madison last spoke out and Max made a now deleted tiktok about it. Take it as you will. 

Screenshot_20230817_065636_X.thumb.jpg.b97ef82552034d931afb41cd9f1c5de7.jpg

When someone else said earlier in the thread about other women who have worked for LMG not having said anything negative, I was thinking about how Maxine didn't like to talk about LMG much at all after she left. Same way Madison didn't like being asked about what it was like working there (while on Twitch).

17 minutes ago, Absentia13 said:

This is a silly and shortsighted, even semi dangerous way to think. There are many reasons why someone wouldn't run to the police. Off the top of my head: They wouldn't do anything. Unknown if it was an actual CRIME, or just an HR level workplace violation or a more severe one? Unfamiliar with the laws of Canada as a US citizen her whole life previously. Fear of losing her job/paying her rent/moving back to the US without the money to do so/losing her future in the industry. She could have feared Linus or his team blacklisting her on the tech youtube space, she could have feared (as she stated) backlash from the community and LTT fanboys (gross).

Additionally, HOW DO YOU KNOW SHE DIDN'T GO TO THE POLICE?!?!? And they told her to file a complaint or talk to HR or move back to the US where she came from. You don't know what happened, but your attitude is pretty disgusting and your post suggests that she's just a lying fake victim with an axe to grind. And maybe she does have an axe to grind, but that doesn't mean that all/most/some of what she said is true. In fact, there's SO MUCH OF IT that some of it nearly has to be true. Furthermore, get Linus's dong out of your mouth, you look ridiculous. Big OOF. 

Because if she had we would've heard about it. Or, she could've mentioned it was ignored by the police in Canada. She would've mentioned any of those issues with the Police had they told her that because she would've mentioned it. On top of that, you can always make a copy of Police reports (which I did when my laptop was stolen) before submitting.

The sane people doubting her claims aren't saying she's a liar. What the sane people are asking from her is to provide proof of her claims. Which she has yet to bring up. Only that "He called my work dogshit, he told me to twerk, she told me to suck it up"

There shouldn't be any fear of her losing her job because these allegations surfaced AFTER she had left the company, not during or before. So that excuse isn't gonna fly. The only legit thing of note would be if she received backlash, which she's still getting now. Except it looks bad now because she's just making claims with not a shred of evidence to back it up.

If she had an email, or a video clip, or a voice recording you'd still have the people calling her a clout chaser or whatever, but vastly more people would be on her side compared to how it is at the moment.

13 minutes ago, Reclus said:

Jesus effing Christ... you don't understand the joke, you immediately imply sexual innuendo. There is literally no reasoning with an angry mob. You people have collectively proven that brain functions seize when you don't understand something.

It's a joke. Not a dik. Don't take it so hard. This is a sexual joke.

Luke made a SaaS joke which you are too braindead to get.

I understand the joke just fine, it was a SaaS joke turned into a innuendo joke by the way it was said and pointing at the camera.

The angry mob are the ones taking sides with LMG on this, LMG isn't your friend.

Making jokes in a serious video, especially innuendo is in bad taste for what should be a serious apology video.

Also here's the definition of innuendo, in case people don't know what that means.

snip.png

Just heard about the HR meeting that took place after Madison departure... What the fuck? 
Is it real?

This font is amazing.

16 hours ago, Riccardo Cagnasso said:

- she alleges that she was "inappropriately grabbed" whatever it means

are you trying to imply you don't know what inappropriately grabbed means or are you trying to dismiss the most serious allegations? 

Also don't forget the LMG negotiating in bad faith the original job offer.  If they did really tell her that she could keep her own social media and patreons going and then did a bait and switch once she arrived.

1 minute ago, KOAO said:

What the sane people are asking from her is to provide proof of her claims.

Ah yes I shall go back into the past and record the harassment!

Do you hear yourself sir?

✨FNIGE✨

31 minutes ago, Cletis said:

Just because you choose to be a victim 

Why do you continually choose to be an asshole?

6 minutes ago, zoopers said:

69 is a sex joke. There's no way around it. It refers to a well-known sexual act and nobody with two braincells to rub together is unaware of that. 

If you're trying to claim that it's something it's not, then you're straight-up being dishonest. That seems to be quite on-brand for LTT, so you should consider applying for a job there.

If were in the business of giving advice here's mine:

Make sure you are ready to properly stick it in when hearing a joke. Especially one you don't get

3 minutes ago, Fnige said:

Or you record the harassment, knowing that it happens often? Or you save the emails?
I knew someone that saved any emails of her being demeaned by her superior. One HR meeting later that superior was shown the door.

Are you dense?

2 minutes ago, Real_Smoky said:

Why do you continually choose to be an asshole?

Thanks mate but I’m really not, and also if being an asshole is telling her to get a lawyer and police involved and to tell other they need to take action instead of be a victim for years and years then yeah I’m a huge asshole 

1 minute ago, Blademaster91 said:

I understand the joke just fine, it was a SaaS joke turned into a innuendo joke by the way it was said and pointing at the camera.

The angry mob are the ones taking sides with LMG on this, LMG isn't your friend.

Making jokes in a serious video, especially innuendo is in bad taste for what should be a serious apology video.

Also here's the definition of innuendo, in case people don't know what that means.

snip.png

Yeah, it was totally a 69 joke. And a SaaS reference. I don't know why people are trying to act like it wasn't. I was surprised there wasn't a 420 reference, too. 

That said, his joke, the "sponsor spots", Colton alluding to being fired, Nick Nick half-heartedly plugging merch - honestly just rings of them trying to add a bit of "look, it's still an ltt video," while trying to add levity. I had no problem with it. I can see they were trying to balance between seriousness and trying to not look like "this is scripted and none of us actually believe in this."

I feel after today's events, they likely should edit that part out.

you’re*

Phone 1 (Daily Driver): Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G

Phone 2 (Work): Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 256gb

Laptop 1 (Production): 16" MBP2019, i7, 5500M, 32GB DDR4, 2TB SSD

Laptop 2 (Gaming): Toshiba Qosmio X875, i7 3630QM, GTX 670M, 16GB DDR3

1 minute ago, Fnige said:

That's how stuff works. Everyone is innocent until proven otherwise. The alternative is everyone lying about everyone. If she doesn't have evidence, she can complain to her therapist, but beyond that, she won't be able to do much. Recording harassment is not the only way to gather evidence. She might have a doctors notice on the leg injury thing. She can find mails or messages which would corroborate her claims. She could convince her ex-coworkers to speak up. And if what she is saying is true, I really hope she does all of that. 

Most of the things she said are likely true while maybe over exaggerated. I'm sure that "internal investigation" will find nothing and like most work-place related incidents nothing will ever be proven. But as someone who worked in a toxic environment before where the management is conveniently oblivious to problems they don't feel like addressing I feel for her. I was a viewer for almost a decade but I feel dirty being here so I'm deleting my account. Have fun!

11 minutes ago, KOAO said:

If she came with proper receipts as I've repeatedly stated that back her claim then of course I would've taken it seriously. Because she would've had proof that LMG is truly a bad place to work for and that they are no different than Activision. If she had an email or voice recording of Colton calling her work dogshit, or

have you never worked a job before?  How would you bring receipts to sexual harassment allegations?  How often you walk around your work place with a recorder?

Madison: quick colton repeat what you just told me but say it louder and into this audio recorder

Colton: Sure no problem. 

You must never have worked a job or you fried the last 2 brain cells you have up there. 

6 minutes ago, William Isted said:

She cannot be silenced. She can be punished for her actions if they are deemed criminal or civilly damaging without truth.

LMG can respond to this. They will do so in way of the third-party company they suggested they'll bring in to check for any wrong doing.

Yes. It is workplace harassment and bullying. Who in the actual hell goes to the police for this? Maybe it's a cultural difference, but the company has a duty to provide a non toxic workplace which would be typically seen as civil not criminal. And yeah, I can totally see Madison bank rolling lawyers for this. If she had the forums would be going ape shit about getting lawyers involved and not trying to sort it out in private.

TIP-SHEET-Sexual-harassment-CRCVC.pdf

"Can someone be charged criminally for sexual harassment? Sexual harassment is criminal in nature when the harassment involves attempted or actual physical assault, including sexual assault, or threats of an assault. This also includes situations of stalking, otherwise known as “criminal harassment”. If you are forced into any sexual act against your will or you are touched in a sexual way without your consent, the harasser may be guilty of sexual assault. If this situation happened to you, you can report it to the police who will investigate the matter further." 

I’m quite concerned that evidence is building that what Madison said is true.

Firstly, making accusations like this is not a case of type out some random crap, hit post and then put your feet up and watch the fireworks. You are, as the accuser, going to be hounded by EVERYONE. From fans who don’t believe you to media who want every detail they can get, no matter what you say it will never be *enough* evidence. Your social media is basically unusable for a good while, which is problematic if that’s what you do. You risk legal action, obviously, and it takes one lie to unravel for your story to fall apart.

Basically it’s a lot of shit to go through for what? The pain of half the world thinking you’re dirt for a vague hit back at a company you used to work for? It’s something that would sound easy to do at first thought, but if you actually sat down and considered doing it for real then there’s no way you’d do it voluntarily. Especially as there was a massively negative reaction when she tried to do it anonymously on glassdoor. Why do it again, but this time attach your name to it, if it’s just going to cause a huge negative reaction?

Secondly, frankly it could be worse. If you’re going to make up a sexual assault you may as well go the home run and say you were raped. In fact why the whole long thread? Just say ‘Linus raped me in a bathroom, all covered up, couldn’t report it to anyone as Yvonne was the HR manager’ - job done. She didn’t. She listed very specific examples of relatively low level behaviour and the highest ‘level’ she alleges is being groped. That could be explained away by saying that the person groping her did it accidentally or wasn’t aware she was uneasy etc… claim rape and there’s no explaining that away.

Third, when Madison left, there was a company wide meeting as previously posted. Now, I don’t think anything particularly wild was said in the meeting, and it has been posted by someone with an axe to grind, but the fact is that there was one. If Madison had made an obviously false allegation or said nothing on her way out, then there would be no reason to have the meeting after she left. This also contradicts Linus’s statement to the Verge today that he does not recognise any of the events or know of any such problems from her time at LMG. He is literally telling the company in this interview that something was reported.

Fourthly, an active LMG employee (David Gauthier) has been going through the twitter feed liking various parts of it. Why? Why would you do that, unless you agreed with what has been alleged? Liking those accusations, something which everybody (including your employer) can see, is pretty risky if it could cost you your job. How many more people agree with it, but can’t publicly put their name to it for fear of retribution?

As time goes on, Madison’s story is looking more and more confirmed.

Just now, Doctor_GLaDOS said:

Most of the things she said are likely true while maybe over exaggerated. I'm sure that "internal investigation" will find nothing and like most work-place related incidents nothing will ever be proven. But as someone who worked in a toxic environment before where the management is conveniently oblivious to problems they don't feel like addressing I feel for her. I was a viewer for almost a decade but I feel dirty being here so I'm deleting my account. Have fun!

I feel like there will be employees speaking openly to this third-party company given that it will likely be anonymous. Whether in agreement or opposition of the allegations that have been made.

I sincerely hope not but hearing how toxic the workplace was while it was still smaller with just a few dozen people…

—-

Read this, then delete before posting

For topics related to the recent LMG controversies, please use an existing thread rather than starting a new thread. New threads discussing these issues may be merged, locked or removed without warning.

Phone 1 (Daily Driver): Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G

Phone 2 (Work): Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 256gb

Laptop 1 (Production): 16" MBP2019, i7, 5500M, 32GB DDR4, 2TB SSD

Laptop 2 (Gaming): Toshiba Qosmio X875, i7 3630QM, GTX 670M, 16GB DDR3

6 minutes ago, zoopers said:

You know that going to court isn't private, right? It would come out and fans would rip her apart. Like they already are.

Which is exactly what's happening and why she took this opportunity to go public. She was hoping that with the existing controversy, the heat on her wouldn't be as high. Do you know how terrifying it is to speak up about workplace abuse when the company has a lot more power and influence in the industry? None of you would take her seriously if she came out with this BEFORE the controversy broke either.

If the allegations are true, if you are a victim of maltreatment, you go the right way and make sure that the one/ones which are responsible will never get to do that again, legally, to anyone.

If you get threatened by a mob, you make use of legal ways to notify that, not create a different mob to fight the one that already exists.

Going to court implies that evidence exists that can prove the allegations and regardless of LMG's reach all thrid parties would try to get out of it.

Beside that, if going to court is public, writting it on X is not? The mob vanishes on X? The ones that are braindead and threaten appear only when a court case is raised?

The actions taken by Madison are a bit infantile and given her age can be expected.

The problem is that she is shutting doors for herself by going this route and it's a pitty as she still has a long way to go on this earth.

12 minutes ago, zoopers said:

The saddest part about this, regardless if she's in the wrong or the right, nothing good for her will come out of this. You can turn this any way you want; she will lose. If she got advice from anybody to post this (which I doubt, just reading through it and by the nature of her wording), she really got some ill advice there. If it was a spur-of-the-moment, it will get her some sympathy, maybe some nice and comforting comments, but in the long run, it will just reduce herself and her public persona to this entire affair. The girl that accused Linus. And since there will probably never be a definitive wrong or right with the entire affair, she has connected herself to LTT with this for the lifetime of her posts.

I don't think there is a good way for her to handle this, but in the long run there might have been better options for her to consider. Maybe that was just the thing she had to do.

I doubt that we will see a lot from Linus on this, simply because there is no reason for LMG or Linus personally to jump in front of this bus. Give it a couple of weeks, and the internet has moved on.

1 minute ago, theboysinthewoodz said:

have you never worked a job before?  How would you bring receipts to sexual harassment allegations?  How often you walk around your work place with a recorder?

Madison: quick colton repeat what you just told me but say it louder and into this audio recorder

Colton: Sure no problem. 

You must never have worked a job or you fried the last 2 brain cells you have up there. 

You do know that voice recorders are a thing and that every phone in the last 20ish years also has a voice recorder function?