Possible Construction error Sony XM5

Blackjack1336

Hi people, I got a pair of Sony WH1000XM5 headphones and I had a lot of problems with the touchpad. A lot of ghost inputs and Sony in their infinit wisdom didnt turn off the noise feedback on the touchpad even if you disable it in the app. I read a lot about it on Reddit that a bunch of people had the same issue and Sony couldn’t do anything to stop the ghost inputs. I love the headphones otherwise so I didn’t want to send them back. I opened them up and unplugged the ribbon cable of the touch pad. Now here is where I’m confused. The touchpad is just a sticker thing and I believe it reacts to heat. The issue is right underneath the touchpad is the battery of the headphones and they are just separated by a piece of styrofoam. Is this inadequate separation the problem? And if so how could this get cast QC at Sony? Isn’t this a major flaw? What are your thoughts? 

• 5 months later...

I'm having the same issue. But Sony is unable to find the fault when they test the defective headphones. Maybe because the ghost inputs sometimes go away on their own.

Strangely not all of the xm5s have this problem.