80mm + fans thickness on top of the Lian Li V3000 Plus

Hi!

Does someone know if the Lian Li V3000 Plus can accommodate a 480 radiator with 80 mm of thickness on top? I know that there's 75 mm for sure there but as Lian Li allow pushing the radiator further from the motherboard if needed I don't know how much more I could accommodate here...

This idea is to have push+pull fans there (for sure with this thickness this is needed).

The info I have are from here: 

Thank you very much! 🙂

looks to be 2inch to the top of the mb tray and 3inch on the top of the mb screws so minuse a 1/8 or 2 for the mb. but the mb can also be fliped.

looks like if it can over hang over the mb you can go thicker looks like 95mm on this?

posably with more diy offset could help too pushing the rad closer to the side. nvm it already has a side offset.

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

1 hour ago, thrasher_565 said:

looks to be 2inch to the top of the mb tray and 3inch on the top of the mb screws so minuse a 1/8 or 2 for the mb. but the mb can also be fliped.

looks like if it can over hang over the mb you can go thicker looks like 95mm on this?

posably with more diy offset could help too pushing the rad closer to the side. nvm it already has a side offset.

Humm, it's interesting, thank you very much! So... Maybe with some fans on top of the case (we can see in the review, there's some space between the upper grid and the upper mesh to accommodate a series of fans) something might be possible. I still need 80+25mm of thickness with my fans series directly on the rad... Might need a lot of luck then...

1 hour ago, Solisius said:

Humm, it's interesting, thank you very much! So... Maybe with some fans on top of the case (we can see in the review, there's some space between the upper grid and the upper mesh to accommodate a series of fans) something might be possible. I still need 80+25mm of thickness with my fans series directly on the rad... Might need a lot of luck then...

it looks like you can put fans on top but the top pannal is thick so no space there unless you add taller stand offs on the pannal or make your own...

i guess if you removed the rad mount and mount the rad to the top pannal but that be drilling in to it too 🤷‍♂️ i guess with nice screws it can look ok i guess. if the case was not $800 ied probly do that but there so much rad space i dont no if its worth it.

looking at the top pannal it looks there there this center bar to add strength and whaght to it but it looks like you can remove it so maybe there enough space to add a fan there?

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

Yeah, I think, in the end, it doesn't worth the pain... Thank you very much anyway! 🙂

5 hours ago, Solisius said:

Yeah, I think, in the end, it doesn't worth the pain... Thank you very much anyway! 🙂

it looks like you can remove the center on the top mesh. then i would make a rad mount that sits on top of the case and the mesh top on top of that. looks doable. probably some plexy glass would work. thats what i would do.

Hummm, I need my case to experiment further in this area maybe, I'll see. In the end, as there's no guarantee, I'll stick to more common rad for now. Thanks! 🙂

1 hour ago, Solisius said:

Hummm, I need my case to experiment further in this area maybe, I'll see. In the end, as there's no guarantee, I'll stick to more common rad for now. Thanks! 🙂

when responding to some one use the quote button on the bottom left.