Absolutely Mods' In Progress Build - "THIN ICE"

absolutelymods

Hello to everyone,

I would like to introduce myself, I'm @absoluelymods, and have only just joined this site today. Having been a fond follower of this site and Linus Media Group Inc. for some time now, I felt it fitting to finally join the site as a member. I am still yet to complete my profile but wanted to take this opportunity to display my "in progress" build which I have named "THIN ICE"

BASIC BUILD COMPONENTS :

Case Labs TH10

Intel CPU (Waiting for release)

MOBO R4EBK (Unless a new one comes out with 99)

64G RAM (Dom Pl)

2 x 512 Samsung SSD

4 x 4TB WD Black HDDs

Optical Drive (Yes an optical drive!!)

Water Cooling :

4 x 480 Alphacool 60mm Rads

37 x Noise Blocker PL-2 120mm Fans

Aquaero 6 plus Poweradjust

2 x MMT splitter PCB (8x3pin)

2 x D5 Pumps

Dual Pump Top (BP)

2 x BP Pump Kit

250mm Res Upgrade kit with tri top

EK 16mm hard tubimg and 12/16mm Adapters

ALL BP Black Sparkle Fittings

I am considering having dual loops with 4 D5 pumps and 2 x dual pump kits, I don't know yet, any advice from you guys??

I have just started to purchase some components for the build, but being my first ever build, felt I may need some assistance with it. Not only with hardware choices, but other things such as OS etc. I would like very much for this to be a Hakintosh but don't know if this is in fact possible. Below are some pictures of the components I have purchased, basically am finished with the Water Cooling parts bar the rest of the fittings which I will purchase once I do the 1st initial test fit.

post-81082-0-44231000-1400044744.jpegpost-81082-0-53028200-1400044745.jpegpost-81082-0-47335500-1400044746.jpegpost-81082-0-18528100-1400044747.jpegpost-81082-0-68086400-1400044747.jpeg

Now I know so many of you will think this is absolutely crazy but, I would like some help with some things which I will post over the next couple of hours. 

post-81082-0-44231000-1400044744.jpeg

post-81082-0-53028200-1400044745.jpeg

post-81082-0-47335500-1400044746.jpeg

post-81082-0-18528100-1400044747.jpeg

post-81082-0-68086400-1400044747.jpeg

CaseLabs = instant follow

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

This will be awesome! 

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

Unfortunately all the pics did not upload so I will slowly put some up soon.

Welcome my friend to the forums

Aaand Caselabs YAY

Case: Corsair Carbdie 330R Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P Asus Z97-A CPU: AMD FX-6300 i5 4690K 3.5 GHZ + 212 EVO GPU: ASUS GTX 760 DirectCUII Ram: Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb (2x4gb) HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M
Monitor: AOC Q2963pm 29'' 21:9 IPS Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Mousepad: Mionix Sargas 320 Headset: HyperX Cloud Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 RGBIKEA Headset/Headphone Holder

WAT? 37 120MM FANS?????????????? WHY?!?!?!?!?!?

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

As you guys can see, I have got most of the loop taken care of apart from the Mod My Toys which are in the mail and the Aquaero, Poweradjust and remaining fittings. What I am struggling with a bit is do I wait for the new chipset to come out or just go with whats available now. Equally do I wait for the DDR4 to come out or just get the DDR3. TO be honest, I am not fussed if it is worth the wait. I will be going with 2 or 3 GPUs, and if I were o buy now they would either be the 7890tis or the Titan Blacks. Not sure. 

Another factor I am considering is the cables.... do I make them all from scratch and have as little cables as possible or go for a custom cabling route that is provided by the manufacturer (corsair). Maybe even getting someone like Lutro or Ensourced to do them for me. Only thing is, for the amount I will pay with that, I may as well do them myself. Dunno. Oh BTW he PSU (depending on pin outs) will be the AX1500.

In terms of the case, there is no other contender than the TH10, I am sure you guys would agree. I was initially thinking 900D but decided against it, for lack of radiator space..... yes lack of lol!!

You had me at CaseLabs...  :wub: 

All those Black Silent Pros too... oh boy... 

CASE: FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4  |  MOBO: MSI MPOWER Z77  |  CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz  |  CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D15  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 770 SC |

PSU: CORSAIR AX860 W/ RED BRAIDED CABLES | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250 GB | HDD: WD BLACK 1 TB | FANS: 3x NOCTUA NF-A14 | MONITOR: HP W2371D

KEYBOARD: CM STORM QFR MX BLUES W/  PBT KEYCAPS  |  MOUSE: LOGITECH G502 | MIC: AUDIO TECHNICA AT2020 | HEADPHONES: SENNHEISER HD 558

pic says it all

post-52604-0-24394900-1400089224.gif

post-52604-0-24394900-1400089224.gif

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

How ballin' are you exactly? The watercooling alone costs an absolute fuck tonne

i7 4770k  ¬ MSI Z87-M Gaming ¬ Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866Mhz ¬ R9 290x Crossfire ¬ Corsair 350D ¬ Corsair RM 1000

How ballin' are you exactly? The watercooling alone costs an absolute fuck tonne

Well, I must admit, that equipment took me more than one trip to my supplier and as soon as I committed to the Case Labs TH10, there was really no looking back. I would like to think that the water cooling system may only need to be drained and maintained so this part of the build and the case may not need money spent on it for a while (fingers crossed!!)

In terms of how 'ballin' I am.... well my aim here was to have a system that serviced my every need, and some, with amazing aesthetics to match. Each to their own, but what I am going for is really a combo of Workstation, Gaming and Home Server all in one. Size really was not an issue,but noise was, hence the fans and rads. When it came to cost factor, I figured I could have purchased a new laptop, a hard drive storage array like a Drobo etc, then a desktop for gaming and so on.... or I could just do it all together. I work from home and have a 3 screen set up (for now), which I am hoping to expand, so that coupled with the countless hours I do on Master Collection and alike programs, I felt this could be justified.

Now my wife would certainly disagree with this, but that is what they do!! I may as well tell you that the reason for my naming this build "THIN ICE" is that when the first invoice came for some water cooling components, my wife threatened me with divorce and every penny I have spent since has made our marriage and me especially tread on thin ice so why not call this build exactly that...."THIN ICE." 

Very apt, haha hope that thin ice holds...

Well, I must admit, that equipment took me more than one trip to my supplier and as soon as I committed to the Case Labs TH10, there was really no looking back. I would like to think that the water cooling system may only need to be drained and maintained so this part of the build and the case may not need money spent on it for a while (fingers crossed!!)

In terms of how 'ballin' I am.... well my aim here was to have a system that serviced my every need, and some, with amazing aesthetics to match. Each to their own, but what I am going for is really a combo of Workstation, Gaming and Home Server all in one. Size really was not an issue,but noise was, hence the fans and rads. When it came to cost factor, I figured I could have purchased a new laptop, a hard drive storage array like a Drobo etc, then a desktop for gaming and so on.... or I could just do it all together. I work from home and have a 3 screen set up (for now), which I am hoping to expand, so that coupled with the countless hours I do on Master Collection and alike programs, I felt this could be justified.

Now my wife would certainly disagree with this, but that is what they do!! I may as well tell you that the reason for my naming this build "THIN ICE" is that when the first invoice came for some water cooling components, my wife threatened me with divorce and every penny I have spent since has made our marriage and me especially tread on thin ice so why not call this build exactly that...."THIN ICE." 

Haha, fair enough! I totally support (and envy) your choice to spend that much on the watercooling parts.. I knew once I started it was like an addiction and I didn't want to skimp on anything whatsoever. Love the background story to the build!:) 

i7 4770k  ¬ MSI Z87-M Gaming ¬ Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866Mhz ¬ R9 290x Crossfire ¬ Corsair 350D ¬ Corsair RM 1000

Thanks for that, I know everyone's has a story but the last thing I thought I would have one about was my pc build.... All the same although my wife hates the idea she inspired the name. IRONIC hey!!

Hi guys, just an update, I have been busy with my house but have ordered the rest of the fans to go with the rig (7), well for my rads anyway. Do you guys have any suggestions on what I should do with the case fans. I am going to put in 5 at this stage and don't know whether to run them off the MOBO, or run them off the X Station I have. As you may know I am running all 32 radiator fans off 4 x (8x3pin) MMT splitter PCBs and then to the Aquaero. As far as I know, I am going to need to get a power adjust to connect anymore fans or pumps to it. Do I do 2 x Poweradjusts for the fans x 2 and the rest of the fans or do I go another way, help please.

So I have decided to wait a bit longer for the new DDR4, chipset, cpu and range of GPU's. Have my eye on the TitanZ at the moment, maybe running them in quad SLI with 2 of them, dunno. Even had a crazy idea to run a dual CPU rig with a hptx board, but I think by the time i get the cpus i want then the cards there goes 8K, maybe next lifetime. 

I do need some help now, OMG the SSDs HDDs PSU(s) arghhhhhh where to begin?? I heard something about pcie SSDs, but am totally confused. Maybe someone can elaborate. I read a great article about them but am still confused.

Anyway, got to go speak to you guys later.