Formula 1!

Nertballs

Qualifying = disaster. Rain stopped when there was like 2min time left and the track got drier so only few guys got fast times and others had no chance.

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

looks like the Mclaren's are on the up I think a podium finish is on the cards tomorrow at spa.

well folks! i'm just in from flying back from belgium, F1 is the most incredible event ever, bar none!!

I have lots of pictures and stuff, i'll throw a few up later, i need to sleep though!

AMD 8350 // 8 GB Corsair Ram // PNY 780 Ti // Asus 1080p Monitor // Antec 120mm AIO // CM Quickfire TK w/ Custom Caps  // RAT 5 mouse // Audio Technica m50x // Behringer 4-line + Line6 8-line Audio Interfaces

Can't wait for the turbocharged 1.6L V6 engines, that's going to be sweet :)

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Can't wait for the turbocharged 1.6L V6 engines, that's going to be sweet :)

i'm not sure, after listening to the v8s all weekend, i don't think i could ever go back!! I know it's no difference in speed, but there is fewsounds i would litterally call a spine tingling crescendo!!

AMD 8350 // 8 GB Corsair Ram // PNY 780 Ti // Asus 1080p Monitor // Antec 120mm AIO // CM Quickfire TK w/ Custom Caps  // RAT 5 mouse // Audio Technica m50x // Behringer 4-line + Line6 8-line Audio Interfaces

i'm not sure, after listening to the v8s all weekend, i don't think i could ever go back!! I know it's no difference in speed, but there is fewsounds i would litterally call a spine tingling crescendo!!

In the 1980's they had 1.5L straight 4's with over 1,000bhp that pretty much sounded the same then they went to V12's, V10's and so on and they sound pretty similar.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

In the 1980's they had 1.5L straight 4's with over 1,000bhp that pretty much sounded the same then they went to V12's, V10's and so on and they sound pretty similar.

but there was less restrictions on them then too, i mean there's a decent rev drop too i think isn't there? :/ It'll still be one of the greatest sporting events to ever go to though!

but there was less restrictions on them then too, i mean there's a decent rev drop too i think isn't there? :/ It'll still be one of the greatest sporting events to ever go to though!

I think they've dropped them to 15,000rpm though I can't remember

V10's sounded the best. Nuf said...

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

Out of all motorsport you can't beat a Subaru Impreza rally car for shear sound :)

I loved the old days where it was more about driving than all the stupid buttons on the steering wheel that they have now.

next year (2014) like the idea of turbo, but come on 8 speed semmi automatic gearbox, no way. they should give the drivers a clutch pedal back and a proper 6 speed h-pattern gearbox, with manual shift only.

No electronic diffs and all the crap, just a mechanical limited slip diff, 2 buttons on the steering wheel (drink & radio) no pit limiter, so its like Nascar they have to use insturments on the dash and watch there speed, bring back fueling to spice it up and give more options for the drivers to start light or heavy, no stupid ugly bodywork, silly dipped noses, side pod pillers etc. just clean bodywork, lots of power and let em drive.

I always used to like Jacques Villeneuve he was a fighter, same with Hill.

r765ah.jpg

^^^ pic i took of Villeneuve's 1997 F1 car

got to love Asus components

I loved the old days where it was more about driving than all the stupid buttons on the steering wheel that they have now.

next year (2014) like the idea of turbo, but come on 8 speed semmi automatic gearbox, no way. they should give the drivers a clutch pedal back and a proper 6 speed h-pattern gearbox, with manual shift only.

No electronic diffs and all the crap, just a mechanical limited slip diff, 2 buttons on the steering wheel (drink & radio) no pit limiter, so its like Nascar they have to use insturments on the dash and watch there speed, bring back fueling to spice it up and give more options for the drivers to start light or heavy, no stupid ugly bodywork, silly dipped noses, side pod pillers etc. just clean bodywork, lots of power and let em drive.

I always used to like Jacques Villeneuve he was a fighter, same with Hill.

r765ah.jpg

^^^ pic i took of Villeneuve's 1997 F1 car

They stopped re-fuelling during the race because of how dangerous it is, I think it was a driver’s decision.

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

They stopped re-fuelling during the race because of how dangerous it is, I think it was a driver’s decision.

I know, they don't have many problems in Nascar or Indy car, they need to do something to give more options and save costs, like ban tire warmers then the first few laps would give the skilled drivers the edge. give more mechanical grip and less areo, points for pole, silmular points system as used in nascar where each position is a different off one point but the bonus 3 points ontop for a win. and a fastest lap point.

that would keep the championship tighter and drivers fight all the way through the pack.

got to love Asus components

I know, they don't have many problems in Nascar or Indy car, they need to do something to give more options and save costs, like ban tire warmers then the first few laps would give the skilled drivers the edge. give more mechanical grip and less areo, points for pole, silmular points system as used in nascar where each position is a different off one point but the bonus 3 points ontop for a win. and a fastest lap point.

that would keep the championship tighter and drivers fight all the way through the pack.

Formula 1 is supposed to be about the best overall package that can be produced within the confines of the F1 rule set and not who the fastest driver is. Not allowing them to warm tyres would just mean that they do more intense burnouts to get heat back into the tyres. Re-Fuelling in Formula one is also much more dangerous than simple Nascar, In F1 the fuel pumps pump out fuel much faster at a higher pressure. Then if you spill fuel on a F1 car, because it is open the driver will get doused in burning petrol unlike Nascar where the driver is more protected when inside the car. The Fuel is much more likely to ignite on a formula one car because of very hot exposed components such as the carbon brakes which have an operating temperature between 400°C and 1000°C.

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

Formula 1 is supposed to be about the best overall package that can be produced within the confines of the F1 rule set and not who the fastest driver is. Not allowing them to warm tyres would just mean that they do more intense burnouts to get heat back into the tyres. Re-Fuelling in Formula one is also much more dangerous than simple Nascar, In F1 the fuel pumps pump out fuel much faster at a higher pressure. Then if you spill fuel on a F1 car, because it is open the driver will get doused in burning petrol unlike Nascar where the driver is more protected when inside the car. The Fuel is much more likely to ignite on a formula one car because of very hot exposed components such as the carbon brakes which have an operating temperature between 400°C and 1000°C.

not to mention that refuelling in nascar is done while they change 4 tyres, pretty slowly, whereas f1 they can change them all in less than 3 seconds. I also think the racing is more exiting if they're all on fairly similar race fuel, there's not as much 'letting people by' if they're on a different fuel strategy, even though it goes on with tyres..

I cannot 1+ this enough. I wish they would just bring back V10s...

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

I cannot 1+ this enough. I wish they would just bring back V10s...

+10 :P

not to mention that refuelling in nascar is done while they change 4 tyres, pretty slowly, whereas f1 they can change them all in less than 3 seconds. I also think the racing is more exiting if they're all on fairly similar race fuel, there's not as much 'letting people by' if they're on a different fuel strategy, even though it goes on with tyres..

The nascar brakes are not as hot or as exposed as on a Formula 1 car, it is a much smaller hazard. Nascars also burn through so much fuel that it would be silly to limit them to just one tank. I know that re-fuelling during a race does add excitement but you do have to consider driver safety, the days where formula 1 was the most lethal sport to partake in are long past and that is a good thing.

I also think that the lack of re-fuelling places more skill and emphasis on the ability of the engineers to change tyres (and if needed body parts) very quickly.

• 1 month later...

i've heard them, really not impressed! :/ 

In case ye aren't on Reddit, someone is streaming the entire 2009 season right here! http://veetle.com/index.php/channel/view#513f7ed09a46f It's AWESOME