I Bought Iran’s Secret Quantum Computing Chip

Plouffe

There have been a few tech blunders coming from Iran over the past decade, and the latest one happens to be an FPGA dev board from 2012 that they claimed was used for quantum computing. We bought one off Ebay.

Buy a Digilent ZedBoard ZYNQ-7000 Development Board: https://geni.us/S29ow
Buy a Digilent ZedBoard ZYNQ-7000 Development Board on eBay: https://ebay.us/11A5xA
Buy a Terasic DE10-Nano FPGA Development Board: https://lmg.gg/3zmvH

Purchases made through some store links may provide some compensation to Linus Media Group.

I used to work for Diligent, ama

3 hours ago, nagolmas said:

How would you compare Terasic's products to this Zed (Zybo?) board? How is a Cyclone V in that DE10 board compared to a ZYNQ-7000? I'm more familiar with Altera's tools and docs (and... let's just say that I'm quite displeased by them, maybe I'm asking too much or I've yet to see how worse it can get). I clearly see that a Cyclone V has 110K LEs, and the Z020 85K logic cells, but are they similar enough that one can just look at this number? Are open source communities/tools more geared towards xilinx products? What do you think can be cheaper to obtain but still good enough with I/O and resources? I myself have seen that even an old MAX10 device with 50K LEs can do a lot, and that does not even have a builtin ARM core...

7 hours ago, nagolmas said:

Your mother-in-law and her lawyer are drowning in a pool. You can only save one.

Would you:

(A) Have lunch

or

(B) Go see a movie

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

anime linus....

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

@nagolmas 1. Is the Digilent analog discovery a common tool within the company?

2. Are the rumour's regarding the reasons (the part about military and large customer) for the lack cluster Intel Max 10 FPGA availability true?

5 hours ago, fulminemizzega said:

let's just say that I'm quite displeased by them, maybe I'm asking too much or I've yet to see how worse it can get

You aren't asking too much ...

Quartus has some retarded UX decisions.

People never go out of business.

I didn't expect Linus to go political on a video 😄

Anyway FPGAs are super cool and i would love to see more FPGA content on the channel.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

title and thumbnail: IRAN QUANTUM COMPUTER!!1!11!1

the video: showing a basic (10 year old) FPGA dev board. 

talk about clickbait

She/Her

I cant pinpoint anything specific, but it felt to me this was shot on the green screen set.

well actually fattah being hyper-sonic is more feasible than Kinzhal being hyper sonic . that mach 15 speed is the maximum speed that missile reach after burn its solid fuel after that the warhead separate and well if the missile was only that then yes it could not be hyper-sonic missile as because it had a very depressed trajectory it would have lost its speed due to friction with atmosphere .

what Iran did to compensate for that is that they added an engine to warhead itself that compensate for that during its flight path so it can maintain a mach 7+ in its 1400km of flight.

by the way if somebody  followed Iran ballistic missiles in  recent years specially the quasi ballistic missiles that were based on Fateh-110 missiles it was not strange for them , it was clear that the continuous evolution  of that family of missiles will result in something like fattah specially after unveiling of Kheybar-Shekan and Haj-Qasem missiles in last 2-3 years. it was something predicted by many military enthusiast that were following Iran missile program

@Plouffe, I was curious, are you guys going to expand upon this and maybe take a look at the Intel Xeons with built-in FPGA from a few years ago? ( https://www.nextplatform.com/2018/05/24/a-peek-inside-that-intel-xeon-fpga-hybrid-chip/ ) It's a rather interesting concept, but you don't really hear much about it outside of industry.

22 hours ago, JEskandari said:

well actually fattah being hyper-sonic is more feasible than Kinzhal being hyper sonic . that mach 15 speed is the maximum speed that missile reach after burn its solid fuel after that the warhead separate and well if the missile was only that then yes it could not be hyper-sonic missile as because it had a very depressed trajectory it would have lost its speed due to friction with atmosphere .

what Iran did to compensate for that is that they added an engine to warhead itself that compensate for that during its flight path so it can maintain a mach 7+ in its 1400km of flight.

by the way if somebody  followed Iran ballistic missiles in  recent years specially the quasi ballistic missiles that were based on Fateh-110 missiles it was not strange for them , it was clear that the continuous evolution  of that family of missiles will result in something like fattah specially after unveiling of Kheybar-Shekan and Haj-Qasem missiles in last 2-3 years. it was something predicted by many military enthusiast that were following Iran missile program

Most of the hypersonic missiles taunted by Russia, China, Iran, etc. are all just big fat solid rocket boosters, look at Sprint and the associated projects from the US that achieved similar performance. Meanwhile, what most of the western militaries are interested in are air-breathing hypersonic missiles, which none of them have really demonstrated.

On 7/18/2023 at 10:18 AM, Ashley MLP Fangirl said:

title and thumbnail: IRAN QUANTUM COMPUTER!!1!11!1

the video: showing a basic (10 year old) FPGA dev board. 

talk about clickbait

Did you see that this is exactly what Iran told the world and showed off? I can't say I like the LTT clickbait thumbnails, but this one was pretty much accurate. Iran said to have a quantum computer and showed the world this dev board.

7 hours ago, XNOR said:

Did you see that this is exactly what Iran told the world and showed off? I can't say I like the LTT clickbait thumbnails, but this one was pretty much accurate. Iran said to have a quantum computer and showed the world this dev board.

which was an obvious lie, so why clickbait it. 

She/Her

19 hours ago, Ashley MLP Fangirl said:

which was an obvious lie, so why clickbait it. 

It even said "QUANTUM?" in the thumbnail, clearly indicating the doubt surrounding it. Of all the clickbait thumbnails LTT does, this feels like a weird one to focus in on.