Is it possible to replace the PCB of my old power bank to a modern one with PD 3.0 and QC 3.0?

I am quite a beginner in this so bare with me. Idk if this is the best place to ask this but is it possible to replace the PCB of my old power bank?

I have a 20000mah power bank that is 6 years old and it was occasionally used so its condition should be above average. The power button sank(?) in and lost its tactility and the USB ports are loose already so I am planning replace its PCB that has a QC 3.0 and 65w or 100w PD 3.0 charging so I can reuse it as a laptop power bank.

I know I'll have cut the correct holes for it as it is already given.

EDITED: 2000mah to 20000mah

1 minute ago, Newblesse Obblige said:

I am quite a beginner in this so bare with me. Idk if this is the best place to ask this but is it possible to replace the PCB of my old power bank?

I have a 2000mah power bank that is 6 years old and it was occasionally used so its condition should be above average. The power button sank(?) in and lost its tactility and the USB ports are loose already so I am planning replace its PCB that has a QC 3.0 and 65w or 100w PD 3.0 charging so I can reuse it as a laptop power bank.

I know I'll have cut the correct holes for it as it is already given.

Power banks aren't that expensive, I feel like the time/parts/risk involved just isn't worth it compared to just buying a new one.

Ryzen 7950x3D PBO +200MHz / -15mV curve CPPC in 'prefer cache'

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+1000

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017

between the relatively minor cost of the enclosure, and the expected wear on a 6 year old cell pack... just buy a new power bank.

also - a 2000mAh cell pack isnt gonna do laptop charging full stop.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree that it doesn’t make sense to do it in this case, but for the sake of completeness I want to add that it is technically possible. There are quite a few power bank PCBs available with different features and they’d just need to be connected to the positive and negative terminal of the battery (provided the battery voltage range and discharge rate are compatible with the PCB)

There are PCBs for power banks that can do that. such as this one:
https://www.amazon.com/DORHEA-IP5328P-Charging-Battery-Treasure/dp/B08R8JWJZL/ref=sr_1_19?keywords=powerbank+pcb&sr=8-19

However as already mentioned, a 2000mAh battery bank would struggle to supply enough current for fast charging. If you have more cells and want to build something yourself then go for it.

4 minutes ago, Drevo Dano said:

However as already mentioned, a 2000mAh battery bank would struggle to supply enough current for fast charging. If you have more cells and want to build something yourself then go for it.

That should be 20000mAh. My bad

On 7/14/2023 at 11:14 PM, manikyath said:

also - a 2000mAh cell pack isnt gonna do laptop charging full stop.

Its a typo. It should be 20000mAh

That makes more sense. Then yes. One of these boards would work just fine. You should be able to just swap the original PCB for this one. You'll have to adjust the casing, that might be challenging. Also, make sure the battery cells are in the right configuration. The one I linked requires 3.7V meaning the cells should be in parallel. I would assume the same is true for all of these but read the documentation, please.