Optus Port Forwarding

GoodProtein

I have an Optus Router and I want to port forward to make a minecraft server. I've watch countless videos on this and struggle to find what's wrong. I used my IPv4 address, made sure it's the correct port (25565) made sure the fire wall on my computer allows for the connection, I'm using both UDP and TCP, under service I have other and after I did all of that I go on can you see me .org and they check with my WAN address and they can't see me. I left the external blank because I don't have an external host. I don't know what to do and frankly I don't know what I'm doing. If there is any information I missed out that might be useful please let me know. This is also my first time posting here and I feel like it won't be the last, are there any things I should know about making a post?

• 9 months later...

Im having the exact issue i think optus did not aquire ports so no one can port foward for an mc server.

2 hours ago, Steph_JS said:

Im having the exact issue i think optus did not aquire ports so no one can port foward for an mc server.

Looking at what an Optus router is, its for cellular based internet. Most cellular companies I know of here in the US use carrier grade NAT as they dont have enough public IP's. Thats likely your issue.

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

I used to have an optus router. I switch to another provider.

Initially I could port forward.

The company was acquired by optus, then was behind a NAT.

I got suspicious as the public IP the router showed was not the same when I went to www.whatsmyip.com

It sucked.

For about 2 years, have used the most basic Virtual private server through linode.

It has ubuntu, with an openvpn server, pihole & a reverse proxy.

I spent a little time looking into securing it.

failtoban is useful.

It good to access resources on my home server, adblocking as well as security on public wifi.

It saves a lot of data use on the phone also.

Main Machine: CPU: 5800X3D  RAM: 32GB  GPU: RTX 3080  M/B: ASUS B550-E Storage: 2 x 256GB NVME boot, 1/2 TB NVME OS: Windows 10, Ubuntu 22.04

Server1:  M92p micro  CPU: i5-3470T  RAM: 8GB OS: Proxmox  Virtual Machines: Opnsense router, LXC containers: netboot server, download manager

Server2: CPU: 3600X  RAM: 64GB M/B MSI B450 Tomahawk  OS: Proxmox  Virtual machines: Windows 10, 3 x Ubuntu Linux, Truenas scale (16TB logical storage)