Steelseries Sensei Wireless

NCIX: http://bit.ly/1onqMuL

Amazon: http://georiot.co/45vp

The Sensei Wireless contains the best wireless technology Steelseries could put in it - and frankly based on my experience with the H Wireless I had pretty high expectations for that - and includes some key improvements over the wired version that may have existing Sensei owners considering an upgrade, but I feel like they missed an opportunity here by using a laser sensor instead of an optical one with no acceleration.

Nice.

Case: Corsair 460X RGB bby, CPU: I5 8600K, Motherboard: MSI B360M PRO-VDH, RAM: 8GB Hyper X 2400MHz , Graphics Card: GTX1060 6GB, PSU: Corsair RM750x,

Cooler: BEQuiet!  Pure Rock Slim SSD: Kingston 240GB, HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda

wax on

wax off

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

It's pretty meh tbh

------------------------------------------------------I HAZ SHINY----------------------------------------------------------

Another overpriced product features on LTT. meh

One man's overpriced is another man's bargain.

I just don't understand this mouse. I'm not removing a cord from my desk at all,which would be the only reason I'd get a wireless mouse. I mean, batteries aren't that expensive especially considering I'd rarely have to replace them with something like a 602/502 from logitech.

Another overpriced product features on LTT. meh

Next time I'll review this, k?

http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-3-Button-Wired-Mouse-Black/dp/B005EJH6RW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1399973581&sr=8-1&keywords=computer+mouse

But seriously, when we make videos of cheap stuff, no one watches them.

This products is stupid :( 

If i buy a wireless mouse it is so I can use it on my gaming laptops/desktops/media centre etc etc not so I can remove 12" of cable from my desk, which I dont have anyway as I use a razer mouse bungee with my g500

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-3-Button-Wired-Mouse-Black/dp/B005EJH6RW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1399973581&sr=8-1&keywords=computer+mouse

Don't worry Linus. I think that is the voice of the minority (also people on this forum always seem really adverse to spending money) Reviews of high end gear are useful. It shows us what features and build quality are expected on the best products out there on the market and allows people who want to spend less to see what features the expensive models have and what to look out for on the cheaper options.

Also, since most people cannot afford all of this stuff it is great to hear opinions and information on products that we cannot all afford to try. Some of us DO want expensive products, but we cannot go out and buy 5 £100 mice just to find a good one. So reviews of this nature help

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I don't disagree on that part, but for a mouse a price of like 75-100 dollars is what I would actually buy instead of this one which costs 200 bucks where I buy my peripherals.

That 3 button wired mouse is a beast by the way :-)

Don't worry Linus. I think that is the voice of the minority (also people on this forum always seem really adverse to spending money) Reviews of high end gear are useful. It shows us what features and build quality are expected on the best products out there on the market and allows people who want to spend less to see what features the expensive models have and what to look out for on the cheaper options.

Also, since most people cannot afford all of this stuff it is great to hear opinions and information on products that we cannot all afford to try. Some of us DO want expensive products, but we cannot go out and buy 5 £100 mice just to find a good one. So reviews of this nature help

Frankly I don't disagree with the folks frustrated by the high end focus.

The issue, like I said, is that no one watches mid-range gear videos, and when they do, quite honestly there's really not much for me to say.

If I were to do a video about every value optimized motherboard that crossed my desk, what woudl I say at a certain point? None of them are pushing the technology forward in any way, so it just turns into a list of the ports and connectors... That's why we've mostly abandoned certain categories like power supplies, RAM, CPUs, and motherboards where the cold hard truth is there just ISN'T MUCH TO SAY other than when there's a major product refresh or some extremely interesting new feature like corsair's 80PLUS Titanium efficiency on the AX 1500i (video coming soon)

I don't disagree on that part, but for a mouse a price of like 75-100 dollars is what I would actually buy instead of this one which costs 200 bucks where I buy my peripherals.

That 3 button wired mouse is a beast by the way :-)

In my defence, two mice we've reviewed recently fall in that range and are basically the best mice on the market at their given price points IMO:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PMT_ant9Os&index=8&list=PL8mG-RkN2uTwChYF-gaygFQero5g5IXgr

I'm using the M45 as my daily driver now and I absolutely love it.

The issue, like I said, is that no one watches mid-range gear videos, and when they do, quite honestly there's really not much for me to say.

If I were to do a video about every value optimized motherboard that crossed my desk, what woudl I say at a certain point? None of them are pushing the technology forward in any way, so it just turns into a list of the ports and connectors... That's why we've mostly abandoned certain categories like power supplies, RAM, CPUs, and motherboards where the cold hard truth is there just ISN'T MUCH TO SAY other than when there's a major product refresh or some extremely interesting new feature like corsair's 80PLUS Titanium efficiency on the AX 1500i (video coming soon)

That's a clear explanation, made me think a little different on the products features in your videos. 

Cheers.

Oh and by the way, for any mouse I could potentially buy you've got a video, credits to that.

Edit: I've been indeed looking at those mice and I've recently recommended the M45 to a friend of mine, he's satisfied with the mouse for FPS gaming but also some RPG and MMORPGS. All around a decent mouse.

The new G502 is what I'd most likely go for.

A very small concern yet it's the only thing about my Sensei that I'm unhappy with: Will the LEDs glow white? As in actual white? The wired Sensei has a slight pink'ish tint that really makes me so sad. :(

one of my favorite videos of LTT, not only is it informative but it was pretty funny!

Exception, not the rule.

I agree with Linus and I was just thinking about this while watching TTL's review of the ROG Hero. There isn't much to say about a lot of stuff. There is a ton of mid range stuff out there that works perfectly fine, and that's the problem with these products-- the just work. There isn't anything exceptionally good or bad or different about them. I'm not going to sit and watch a review about some crappy speakers because I just can't be bothered. But if I want to see what'd going to be seen as a common feature set in 2 years time, I can watch reviews of high end stuff. LTT has only so many hours per day and only so many resources to allocate. It doesn't make sense to waste time on mediocre stuff. Certain low-end things should be reviewed as an example of what crap is out there. They are more like PSA's than anything else.

Maybe this comes down to people watching for entertainment, and people watching for informative product information. I guess that is hard line to travel.

What do people want to see? Linus unboxing 20 power supplies that are all the same and going "oh look, this one comes with an extra sata cable, holy balls" "do not buy this one, because you cannot shave bananas with it" , as you said yourself there is only so much to say, and frankly sometimes videos like that I just do not watch like some of the motherboard videos or PSU videos, because all that will be said is "here is a motherboard LOL look, it has USB and stuff"

I am speaking for myself, but I much prefer seeing more interesting stuff  like this being reviewed, stuff I maybe Havant seen before, or heard of (for example I had never heard of Mionix until I saw your channel) or perhaps things that I have not considered. 

Also if a high end expensive product is reviewed and is BAD than I enjoy those reviews too, because it helps to see that buying the most expensive product doenst always mean the best, finding something to fit your needs and requirements is key.

Anyway, we are getting off track, I hate the dock on this mouse :/ Still cannot find a better wireless "laptop" mouse than my Logitech MX Nano, darkfield FTW though not 

Wow this seemed like a great mouse but the price is kinda steep :\

da_deity

Did the person who took this have greasy hands, or this mouse is a fingerprint magnet? Too bad if it is, cause otherwise it looks pretty cool, especially while on the dock.

post-79409-0-31518900-1399977277_thumb.j

I may get this to replace my current Sensei.

EDIT: Just realised how much it costs. Maybe I can import one from the US.

damn that $160 price is really steep. You can buy 2 good mice with change.

Yarrrrr,

That be a steep price, but it does look like a nice mouse.

And I hear many a friends of mine complain about "laser" mice.

But I don't seem to have the problems linus describes, am I just lucky or am I oblivious to it. xD

Yarrrr, ye be warned lily-livered scallywags

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLMJpHihykI#t=93

A few months ago I had picked up the Guild Wars 2 mouse from Steelseries (back around Christmas) because it was on a nice sale. I got it for about $18 I think? Maybe $20, I can't remember lol. Anyways, I picked it up, was all excited because I knew it was pretty much the Sensei Raw edition. Well, it's my first laser mouse, and all I have had in the past have either been ball (LONG time ago) and optical.

I notice the laser skips around sometimes and it's occasionally challenging to make straight lines with the cursor lol. (In games it seems fine though oddly enough) My opticals have never done that. Is this the acceleration problems Linus mentioned in the video? My previous mouse was an optical Logitech MX518 and it was always accurate.

I just wanted to know if this is normal, not normal, or if I am crazy haha. Besides that, I love the mouse. Great feel, good size, hand fits great on it, clicks well, looks nice and glows red to match my build. 

In my defence, two mice we've reviewed recently fall in that range and are basically the best mice on the market at their given price points IMO:

I'm using the M45 as my daily driver now and I absolutely love it.

its true i have a m60 from corsair and its cus of that viedo you did back then, so do what you have to do, keep up the good work

Really?

150$ for a gaming mouse. Wow.

I don't know why you say that no one watches your non expensive computer parts videos. Usually when I look at one of your videos first thing I check is price to see if I can afford it because I don't want to waste my time looking at a 150$ gaming mouse.

Just try doing something midrange like 30-50$ plz