Sims 4 rated "Adult Only" in Russia, over same sex relationships.

The Sims 4 will get Russia's equivalent of the M-for-mature rating and the reason appears to be the life simulation allows same-sex relationships, which runs afoul of the country's notorious law against "gay propaganda."

Officially, The Sims 4 is being classified 18+, which carries the notation "prohibited for children." The Sims' Russian Twitter account said the rating "has been assigned in accordance with the law number 436-FZ."

Polygon has reached out to an EA representative to ask if the company will alter the game's release in Russia, challenge the 18+ classification, or accept it. This post will be updated with any reply received.

Update: "We have no plans to alter The Sims 4," said Deborah Coster, a spokesperson for The Sims. "One of the key tenets of The Sims is that it is up to the player to decide how to play the game. We provide the simulation sandbox and player choice and creativity does the rest."

Source: http://www.polygon.com/2014/5/11/5706538/the-sims-4-russia-mature-rating-gay-marriage

sure, have you played the Game !

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

In mother Russia, homo sex you.

This is an existing law of the country of Russia as I understand it, it isn't a specific ruling for the game and as a result isn't really surprising.

Wait, is this the AO rating by the ESRB? I didn't know people actually used that! :o

//ccap

#Russia

Man,I don't even wonder why the world hates Russia.(especially the countries which were conquered by the Sovietic Union).

Also, I wonder how Russia didn't rate Eurovision as M too.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Sims games should be adult only and with even heavier restrictions for all the man hours they have sucked from all of humanity.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

i wonder what the previous sims games were rated?

doesn't china do the same thing and worse but nobody cares?

I know it's a law but it still sucks that kids my sister's age that love Sims and grew up with it, can't play it.

Sounds like a normal rating.  :mellow: Looks like he's just assigning blame to the same sex amendment to stir up SJWs.

The law prohibits the distribution of "harmful" material to minors depending on age, including material which "may elicit fear, horror, or panic in children", or depicts violence, unlawful activities, substance abuse, or self-harm.

Not sure about Sims 4, but Sims 3 definitely depicted violence and unlawful activities.

One just has to wonder if the Sims are just trying to be like GTA... :huh:  :huh:  :huh:  :huh:

Doesn't surprise me.
For fuck sake the Russian Gov. is more infatuated with Gay sex than I am.

Morons...

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

One just has to wonder if the Sims are just trying to be like GTA... :huh:  :huh:  :huh:  :huh:

Same sex relationships have been in at least the last 3 sims games, so yeah...it's more like the other way around  :D

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Finally some country is trying to put stop to this madness...

What madness?

(Here we go)

Hail Sithis!

I know it's a law but it still sucks that kids my sister's age that love Sims and grew up with it, can't play it.

Well... I'm currently 16 which is below the rated M age. Does that mean I've never played Assassin's Creed or Battlefield 4 or Counter-Strike or all the Elder Scrolls games? Hell no. It's not like anyone actually listens to the age ranks xD

Can't wait for people who says countries shouldn't be "forced" to include gays and how they should "start their own countries" which as ridiculous as it sounds it somehow becomes perfectly reasonable when Nintendo is on the same page.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Well... I'm currently 16 which is below the rated M age. Does that mean I've never played Assassin's Creed or Battlefield 4 or Counter-Strike or all the Elder Scrolls games? Hell no. It's not like anyone actually listens to the age ranks xD

Sure, but you use Steam right? Well, most parents/kids when they buy games they go retail so yeah, at least in Italy these rating are actually enforced. A 15 year old kid tried to buy a bunch of shooters for his new PC and copy of GTA while I was at GameStop and the clerk told him to come back with his mom.

Good guy EA.

Unlike Nintendo did, although they were pressured by people to keep or drop the bug (i heard it was a glitch)

Wait... Nintendo did what?

Hail Sithis!

Can't wait for people who says countries shouldn't be "forced" to include gays and how they should "start their own countries" which as ridiculous as it sounds it somehow becomes perfectly reasonable when Nintendo is on the same page.

Not including a feature in their game and preventing people from playing a game are two separate things... Don't try to pretend like this and the Nintendo thing are the same.

Anyway it's Russia so it's to be expected. I don't get it though, do they expect "children" (as if a 17 year old is a child) to become homosexuals just because they see it? Pretty sure that's not how sexualities works Russia...

It's so bizarre. Violence, death and hetero sex is totally fine, but homosexuality? Oh no gotta protect all them children from that horrible "gay propaganda".

Edit:

Nintendo recently released a game called "Tomodachi Life". Same sex marriages are not possible in the game and people are outraged because this feature wasn't included.

There was a bug which allowed you to create gender A characters with the properties of gender B characters. This bug was exploited by some people to do same sex marries but it got patched by Nintendo.

People (mostly straight SJWs) have been furious at Nintendo over this for some reason.

Call me insensitive if you want, but I don't see the big deal. You don't see me furious about them not letting me make my character a lolicon.

Edit 2: Sorry for editing my post to include the part about Tomodachi Life after you liked it (if you don't agree with me about it).

Im believe there was a "glitch" that allowed same sex marriage in their tomodachi life (i think thats what its called) game for the ds . There were people that were okay with his and others that weren't.

Not including a feature in their game and preventing people from playing a game are two separate things... Don't try to pretend like this and the Nintendo thing are the same.

Anyway it's Russia so it's to be expected. I don't get it though, do they expect "children" (as if a 17 year old is a child) to become homosexuals just because they see it? Pretty sure that's not how sexualities works Russia...

It's so bizarre. Violence, death and hetero sex is totally fine, but homosexuality? Oh no gotta protect all them children from that horrible "gay propaganda".

Russia is a lost cause, I feel for the LGBT people there. It's a human rights travesty...

Hail Sithis!