cyber security

tdkid
1 hour ago, da na said:

jesus that is a big range

My job pays anywhere between 5 cents and $4 billion an hour, for comparison

I get paid somewhere roughly between that as well.

1 minute ago, Touch My Hamm said:

I get paid somewhere roughly between that as well.

i think everyone gets paid somewhere between that.

1 minute ago, tdkid said:

i think everyone gets paid somewhere between that.

well that isnt true as there are workshops still in the world where people get paid under that https://www.theworldcounts.com/challenges/people-and-poverty/slavery-and-sweatshops/sweatshop-workers-conditions. Sweatshops = bad. I wish we could all just get along and stop the terrible in the world 🤔

"3 cents/hour Sweatshop workers are extremely low-paid Sweatshop wages can be so low that they barely cover essential needs. Some people work for as little as 3 US cent per hour, often more than 100 hours per week in conditions of poor air quality and extreme heat."

1 minute ago, Touch My Hamm said:

well that isnt true as there are workshops still in the world where people get paid under that https://www.theworldcounts.com/challenges/people-and-poverty/slavery-and-sweatshops/sweatshop-workers-conditions. Sweatshops = bad. I wish we could all just get along and stop the terrible in the world 🤔

"3 cents/hour Sweatshop workers are extremely low-paid Sweatshop wages can be so low that they barely cover essential needs. Some people work for as little as 3 US cent per hour, often more than 100 hours per week in conditions of poor air quality and extreme heat."

with how he put it, not really as he made a wide gap saying 5 cents to 4 billion per hour.

1 hour ago, tdkid said:

so please can we stop with the flexing? i mean both of us 

My apologies for you taking that as flexing. You missed the point of that. I asked you questions about fields that I know. 

You then said mechanics had to know plumbing. I asked in what scenario, all be it in a snarky way, and you deflected. 

Specialized fields are not required to know parts of other specialized fields. We may as well go to a fashion designer why a seamstress would use a specific way of sewing in a certain spot, or ask that seamstress how sheep are farmed for wool. That was my point, and that has been my point. 

6 hours ago, IkeaGnome said:

While they're close, they aren't necessarily hand in hand. Also keep in mind school is there to give you a base level knowledge and to learn how to do your own research and studies. 

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

7 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

My apologies for you taking that as flexing. You missed the point of that. I asked you questions about fields that I know. 

You then said mechanics had to know plumbing. I asked in what scenario, all be it in a snarky way, and you deflected. 

Specialized fields are not required to know parts of other specialized fields. We may as well go to a fashion designer why a seamstress would use a specific way of sewing in a certain spot, or ask that seamstress how sheep are farmed for wool. That was my point, and that has been my point. 

so "i am a heavy equipment mechanic working on my CPL and got my DD214" wasn't flexing? my mistake but it surely was at least bending right? since you are a heavy equipment mechanic, you will know or at least hope you know about the radiator, reservoir, and water pump. hydraulics, brake lines, and other liquids running inside these vehicles. i kind of hard to with being a heavy equipment driver in driving a Terex TA27. i know you know what that is but the one I drove was kind of like this oneDE2390.JPG

1 minute ago, da na said:

No, you can state your profession and credentials without "flexing"

well when you kind of do it the way they did, not really. if they would have said it like I did then yeah you are right but "

You know why I specifically asked about mechanical engineer vs mechanic? Heavy equipment mechanic by trade. 

You know why I asked about PPL/CPL? Working on my CPL currently.

You know how I know that armed forces training=/= civy training? I've got a DD214. I went in late. After I had already done EMS to pay my way through trade school. You know what I could do after a 3 month medic course in the Army? ALS. Intubation, intraosseous IVs, intravenous. You know what I could do after a 3 months civy course? BLS. CPR, splinting, bandaging, and I had to work directly under a paramedic. "

is kind of flexing

so "i am a heavy equipment mechanic working on my CPL and got my DD214" wasn't flexing? my mistake but it surely was at least bending right?

Work experience is directly related to what we were talking about.

since you are a heavy equipment mechanic, you will know or at least hope you know about the radiator, reservoir, and water pump. hydraulics, brake lines, and other liquids running inside these vehicles.

When you say plumbing, one thinks of household. Water, sewage. Not hydraulic lines. Not coolant systems. I'll work on the AC lines, but I wouldn't say I'm a HVAC technician. I'll work on alternators and starters, coils and solenoids, but I wouldn't say I'm a sparky. 

5 minutes ago, tdkid said:

i know you know what that is but the one I drove was kind of like this one

Nope, never heard of them. Must be a smaller company. We only use Caterpillar, Sandvik and Atlas Copco here. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

1 hour ago, tdkid said:

think what you want. i am done with this.

I don't see how anyone could think anything else.

You're trying weirdly hard to avoid the fact that your assumption was wrong and just keep falling back to "well I was just asking a question" of which the answer had been provided numerous times.

You have your answer, you just clearly don't like it.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

24 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

Work experience is directly related to what we were talking about.

When you say plumbing, one thinks of household. Water, sewage. Not hydraulic lines. Not coolant systems. I'll work on the AC lines, but I wouldn't say I'm a HVAC technician. I'll work on alternators and starters, coils and solenoids, but I wouldn't say I'm a sparky. 

Nope, never heard of them. Must be a smaller company. We only use Caterpillar, Sandvik and Atlas Copco here. 

yes for someone who is not claiming to be a heavy equipment mechanic then yes one would think that when someone mentions plubling, they would be talking about households but are expected to know the difference because you don't just have one guy in this part another on that part. the place you want to see a mechanic on a construction site is him under a tree sleeping. 

well I know you have even if you claim not to because its an off road dumb truck just like those CATs. but this particular one was just a random pic I found to show the kind of body style of the one I drove. 

18 minutes ago, Arika S said:

I don't see how anyone could think anything else.

You're trying weirdly hard to avoid the fact that your assumption was wrong and just keep falling back to "well I was just asking a question" of which the answer had been provided numerous times.

You have your answer, you just clearly don't like it.

ok fine, you caught me, boo hoo hoo, I have been found out. sarcasm 

4 minutes ago, da na said:

lmao why so aggressive? Perhaps he hasn't in fact worked with one 

they make these in CATs too and with the comment of working for a larger company as he claimed I am pretty sure he has. imean it is kind of a base in most earth moving when leveling out ground, digging tunnels or mining 6169549.jpg

they make these in CATs too and with the comment of working for a larger company as he claimed I am pretty sure he has. imean it is kind of a base in most earth moving when leveling out ground, digging tunnels or mining 6169549.jpg

oh hey, I used to have one just like that

3 minutes ago, tdkid said:

yes for someone who is not claiming to be a heavy equipment mechanic then yes one would think that when someone mentions plubling, they would be talking about households but are expected to know the difference because you don't just have one guy in this part another on that part.

Rephrase please?

4 minutes ago, tdkid said:

well I know you have even if you claim not to because its an off road dumb truck just like those CATs. but this particular one was just a random pic I found to show the kind of body style of the one I drove. 

No, I didn't know that company was a thing. Didn't know they owned Genie until I looked the company up. Yes we have Genie lifts floating around out here, but our dealer for them is NC. A subsidiary of Caterpillar. Never had to cut a PO to Terex, and had no reason to know they existed. 

4 minutes ago, da na said:

lmao why so aggressive? Perhaps he hasn't in fact worked with one 

I actually have worked with and on equipment made by that company, just didn't know it was made by a company I hadn't heard of and not the company we buy them through and all the parts through.  Usually we tend to work on stuff closer to this than surface equipment. There's a different shop with different mechanics for surface equipment like the truck he showed. Which gets us back to specialized trades not working on stuff not in their trade. Hell, we still have people running jacklegs around here and we work on those too.

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, tdkid said:

they make these in CATs too and with the comment of working for a larger company as he claimed I am pretty sure he has. imean it is kind of a base in most earth moving when leveling out ground, digging tunnels or mining 

I didn't say I worked for a large company. I said Terex must be a smaller company. There's a contract company out here that runs the Volvo version of those in a 45 ton, but once again, those go to the surface shop for repairs. 

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?

I had a IT teacher that worked as a cryptographer in navy and was head IT for a bunch of companies.

When I was doing a+ essentials, He went if you cheat questions by Googleing, do it, bassicly 70ish of your knowledge will be you googing.

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

OP needs to take this thread as a lesson in having some humility and when to admit you were ignorant of the topic at hand.

Fucking disaster of a thread.

Parasoshill

adjective

• A person whose parasocial relationship with a social media influencer or content creator has driven them to promote or blindly defend them, acting as a shill for their benefit.

11 hours ago, WildDagwood said:

OP needs to take this thread as a lesson in having some humility and when to admit you were ignorant of the topic at hand.

Fucking disaster of a thread.

me? lol, well now i am going to rant a little because its too funny. i just asked a question which basically boiled down to if it was reasonable to think that someone with a highly skilled job in the field of computers would know some basic information. and I was treated as if I said they were the exact same thing and you needed to be an expert in everything just to even have them open the door so you might have the chance to stick your foot in it. you, people, say I need to admit I am ignorant, how about you people admit to your superiority complex? 

yes this thread was a disaster and I have already asked the admin to lock it because of it becoming a disaster but no reply yet.

14 minutes ago, tdkid said:

field of computers

I hope you realize that this encompasses a huge range of skills.  The fact that the person you spoke to didn't know the answer to your specific question doesn't mean they lied about their job.

36 minutes ago, Erioch said:

I hope you realize that this encompasses a huge range of skills.  The fact that the person you spoke to didn't know the answer to your specific question doesn't mean they lied about their job.

i didnt say they did. i just kind of figured that someone with a job that requires a good amount of skills in the field would be able to explain something I thought was simple since they work with computers more than me. i had the issue I mentioned in the first post and no one was able to tell me what it was, no one here, a computer store, other tech forums, nothing. the info I did manage to find was basically a "well something failed" and that is a no shit moment if I ever saw one because I wouldn't be asking if it didn't. turned out to be extremely simple where everyone here should know about it. it came down to that the storage device I had the OS stored on failed and needed to be replaced. did that, downloaded a new OS and got right back to work.

1 hour ago, tdkid said:

i just asked a question which basically boiled down to if it was reasonable to think that someone with a highly skilled job in the field of computers would know some basic information.

You were told. Many times. By many people. No. It was not reasonable to think that.

1 hour ago, tdkid said:

and I was treated as if I said they were the exact same thing and you needed to be an expert in everything just to even have them open the door so you might have the chance to stick your foot in it.

That did not happen. You did not and still do not accept the many answers and examples given to you.

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |