Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey (Series)

http://www.cosmosontv.com/

I've been watching this on Vudu.  Even though it's a little bit more theatrical than I would particularly like, it's nice to see a series on television that has actual scientific knowledge.  Unfortunately, a lot of what has been shown on the History Channel, for example, is nothing more than conjecture and conspiracy theories.

I especially enjoy it because it was my very close second favorite subject in school.  Grasping some of the more complex aspects of it was not one of my strong suits.  Neil deGrasse Tyson does a pretty decent job with this series.  If you have not watched it yet, you should.  If you are the least bit interested in science, the series is pretty awesome so far.

My PC specifications are in my profile.

I've watched 3-4 episodes so far. I love science. :D

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

That show is great. It does a great job describing complicated concepts in a way that makes sense. The old original Cosmos show gave good explanations but it required a decent amount of knowledge beforehand whereas I feel this one is pretty accessible to anyone. Although I find it kind of annoying they sometimes just start randomly bashing creationists sometimes in the show. It almost seems forced at times.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

I've watched the old Cosmos with Carl Sagan and now i'm watching the new Cosmos with Neil deGrasse Tyson. :P 

System 1: Thermaltake Element Q - Thermaltake 220W SFX - Asus AT5IONT-I mini-ITX - Intel® Atom™ D525 onboard 1.8GHz Dual-Core HT - Integrated NVIDIA® ION™ - 2x 2GB Kingston DDR3 - Samsung 120GB 840 Series - Scythe Kama Rack 3.5 - Asus DVD-RW

System 2: Thermaltake Element Q - Thermaltake 220W SFX - Asus E2KM1I-DELUXE mini-ITX - AMD E2-2000 onboard 1.75GHz Dual-Core - Integrated AMD® Radeon HD 7340 - 2x 4GB Kingston DDR3 - Samsung 120GB 840 Series - Scythe Kama Rack 3.5 - Asus DVD-RW

Building: Bitfenix Prodigy Black - Corsair AX860i - Asus Maximus VII Impact - Corsair Hydro Series H100i - Intel® Core™ i7 4790K - Asus Matrix Platinum GTX 980 4GB - Corsair 16GB Dominator Platinum 2x 8GB DDR3 2400MHz CL10 - Samsung 1TB EVO 840 Series

I'm also enjoing the series and I like how stuff gets explained by Tyson. It's for me the best documentry series by NatGeoTV so far, in terms of production quality and amount of stuff that gets explained in each episode. 

Watch out, there might be ninjas out there  :ph34r:

That show is great. It does a great job describing complicated concepts in a way that makes sense. The old original Cosmos show gave good explanations but it required a decent amount of knowledge beforehand whereas I feel this one is pretty accessible to anyone. Although I find it kind of annoying they sometimes just start randomly bashing creationists sometimes in the show. It almost seems forced at times.

It seems like the portions you are referring to are aimed at fundamentalism.  Considering that there are religious scientists, I doubt that this was referring to all religious people.

Unfortunatly i haven't had the opportunity to see the new Cosmos, but I really want to watch it.

I am a big fan of the Carl Sagan original, and I was looking forward to this show for a long time.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Although I find it kind of annoying they sometimes just start randomly bashing creationists sometimes in the show. It almost seems forced at times.

Got any examples? I didn't really notice anything like that when I watched it.

The show is great by the way. I am a fan of Neil deGrasse Tyson and he does a great job hosting the show.

Got any examples? I didn't really notice anything like that when I watched it.

The show is great by the way. I am a fan of Neil deGrasse Tyson and he does a great job hosting the show.

Neil made mention in episode two I believe it was that a 6000 year old Earth would not work because many of the stars would not have had enough time to form yet.

Neil made mention in episode two I believe it was that a 6000 year old Earth would not work because many of the stars would not have had enough time to form yet.

That doesn't make any sense.

Saying that the Earth is more than 6000 years old is not "bashing creationists" though, it's stating a fact. Stating that the Earth is round is not the same as bashing the flat Earth society.

Yarrrrr,

I watched most episodes so far, I liked the old series more though.

Still I'm very glad they now have a new one bringing homage to the old one, while being very excellent on its own and with updated knowledge.

Yarrrr, ye be warned lily-livered scallywags

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLMJpHihykI#t=93

LAwLz  does have a point here, stating a fact isn't bashing anything. He didn't say anything about creationists when talking about it. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

LAwLz  does have a point here, stating a fact isn't bashing anything. He didn't say anything about creationists when talking about it. 

I know, but it's the only thing that comes to mind in relation to Osmium's comment.  :)