Move rumors/speculations from the Tech News section to a new dedicated section for rumors and speculations

doubleflower

I think it's probably a good idea to create a new section under the Tech News section for rumors and speculations to avoid the news section being potentially filled with potentially fake rumors 

I second this. there's no good reason why not to.

I don't outright remember if this has been discussed by moderation lately. Its not big issue, or at least not often reported. If reported and after review its seen that topic lies heavily on speculation, imo it should be moved to General Discussion. However, this would need to be evaluated case-by-case. Like, are "leaks" on different platforms that get reported by news sites considered speculation, rumors or other?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

8 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

I don't outright remember if this has been discussed by moderation lately. Its not big issue, or at least not often reported. If reported and after review its seen that topic lies heavily on speculation, imo it should be moved to General Discussion. However, this would need to be evaluated case-by-case. Like, are "leaks" on different platforms that get reported by news sites considered speculation, rumors or other?

Could we at least have a new rule included in the news section template and sticky'd thread that if the article is based on speculation, or rumor that it should be included in the topic title or as a tag?

Too often people will make threads as if it's 100% true and the few people who actually go look at the source end up being the ones telling people that it may not be correct or have the full information

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒