Hating Apple is Getting REALLY Hard - WWDC 2023

Plouffe

Is it just me or is the company that is a major reason for pricing the homeless out of their homes in San Francisco not selling a 3.5K device so they don't have to see the homeless they displaced?

Or is this too distopian?

On 6/8/2023 at 8:09 AM, gjsman said:

Buy an OLED. The Vision Pro right now could be best described as a luxury item, as though an OLED isn't a luxury item already. At least you won't be afraid of the slightest chance of damaging your headset if you drink any liquids while wearing it. 

I still think the Vision Pro might make sense right now for a remote worker, like myself, who hates WFH, but has no other option, and would like to work in a library or a park, but doesn't want to lug around a monitor, and wants to save his back from chiropractor visits from hunching over a laptop. It's cheaper than anything healthcare-related in the US. 

Or, here's an idea to justify it to yourself: Forgo coffee. The average American spends about $1,100 a year on coffee. Convince yourself to quit coffee completely for 3 years, and spend the savings on a Vision Pro. 

I don't think I'm to the point yet that I could afford an OLED nor do I spend near that much on coffee every year. We never buy coffee out of the house except once in a blue moon. Our coffee expense is a $10 can of coffee and a $5 creamer every couple of months.

If I go Apple in the future I might get an iPhone SE some day, but that's probably it.

What can I say? I'm both poor and frugal.

I personally have been a lifetime apple user and I absolutely love them. I have a friend who used to despise of apple and is now looking into a full apple ecosystem. I own a full apple ecosystem my self ( Late 2013 iMac, iPad 6th Gen, iPhone 12 and Apple Watch 3) some may call it outdated however it works very well for me. All apart the phone was purchased used. With PC or android you would be looking at a plastic device with not so good build quality and some may argue the specs may be better however do you get 7 years of software support with android? I am typing this from an almost ten year old computer that has a beautiful 1080p screen probably better than a pc that is ten year old. So that's my answer to this question.