Did I mess up? (monitor choice)

So I'm still in the middle of building my rig, it's just about there I went an bought a monitor this morning an thought I bought an IPS panel but I ended with VA, it going to be used primarily for competitive gaming but I also want the advantage of the IPS colours. Would this monitor given the fact its a VA compete against other IPS monitors or should I just cancel the order I paid £249.99 this morning (saved £10 from original cost. 

Screenshot_20230601_112054_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg

#Murica(butinternational)parrotgang

2 minutes ago, Alexsheff93 said:

So I'm still in the middle of building my rig, it's just about there I went an bought a monitor this morning an thought I bought an IPS panel but I ended with VA, it going to be used primarily for competitive gaming but I also want the advantage of the IPS colours. Would this monitor given the fact its a VA compete against other IPS monitors or should I just cancel the order I paid £249.99 this morning (saved £10 from original cost. 

Screenshot_20230601_112054_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg

This one will be better but the samsung's still decent, even if they're va's sometimes aren't up to spec Gigabyte G27Q 27.0" 2560 x 1440 144 Hz Monitor (G27Q) - PCPartPicker

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

3 minutes ago, filpo said:

This one will be better but the samsung's still decent, even if they're va's sometimes aren't up to spec Gigabyte G27Q 27.0" 2560 x 1440 144 Hz Monitor (G27Q) - PCPartPicker

it actually looks a decent monitor its a shame its OOS on orbit its just outside budget but i coulda made that work. shame its out of stock

Just now, Alexsheff93 said:

it actually looks a decent monitor its a shame its OOS on orbit its just outside budget but i coulda made that work. shame its out of stock

Whats your budget (for a monitor)?

Current parts list

2 minutes ago, filpo said:

Whats your budget (for a monitor)?

£250 is my budget £260 is my absolute most i didnt want to spend that much tbh but im gunna have to make the sacrafice if i want an IPS

1 minute ago, Alexsheff93 said:

£250 is my budget £260 is my absolute most i didnt want to spend that much tbh but im gunna have to make the sacrafice if i want an IPS

You could get this viewsonic ViewSonic XG2705-2K OMNI 27.0" 2560 x 1440 144 Hz Monitor (XG2705-2K) - PCPartPicker

Its in budget but doesn't have any built in speakers. Its a decent monitor tho with about a thousand ratings on amazon and 4.5 stars

Current parts list

IPS monitors are reliable and stable, have super accurate colors and are generally fast enough for most gaming needs. VA's are still pretty reliable but the colors are terrible and washed out but you get 1ms refresh or better with them. Samsung i wouldnt touch even if somebody gave it to me for free. Weve been thru 3 of them in my house and we are done with them. 2 TV's and a monitor in the trash for cheap parts within 18 months for all of them. Now if it was a ssd thats a different story, thats one thing they do right. Theres always going to be compromises with monitors and tv's but quality, stability and warranty cant be one of them.

1 minute ago, AI_Must_Di3 said:

IPS monitors are reliable and stable, have super accurate colors and are generally fast enough for most gaming needs. VA's are still pretty reliable but the colors are terrible and washed out but you get 1ms refresh or better with them. Samsung i wouldnt touch even if somebody gave it to me for free. Weve been thru 3 of them in my house and we are done with them. 2 TV's and a monitor in the trash for cheap parts within 18 months for all of them. Now if it was a ssd thats a different story, thats one thing they do right. Theres always going to be compromises with monitors and tv's but quality, stability and warranty cant be one of them.

You'll also find more curved monitors with a VA panel OP. If you want a more aggressive curve then VA is best 

Current parts list

1 hour ago, Alexsheff93 said:

Would this monitor given the fact its a VA compete against other IPS monitors

Not as good as the G7 but not super terrible that id immediately return it. But yeah, on amazon at about 200-260, not many. There's X2705 that @filpo sent and they are a neck better in color quality but their response time is on par in terms of mediocrity so in games where fast motion is the norm theyll still be smeary.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.