A wild LTT Screwdriver Noctua Edition appears....

DJ Strange

Any word on when we might see these?  I know L&L did a poll on WAN recently, but I can't recall if Linus gave a time frame or not.

image.thumb.png.6e8048c59c0096009aaab860a6deb1ea.png

I know they have to talk to noctua about color options before going into production and who knows what issues they might run into. I bet it's out before the end of the year.

I try to be respectful. If I ever come off in a different manner, I probably don't mean to. If I don't help you sorry, if I do, mark my comment as the solution. 

hmmm.jpg

9900K  / Asus Maximus Formula XI / 32Gb G.Skill RGB 4266mHz / 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus & 1TB Samsung 970 Evo / EVGA 3090 FTW3.

2 loops : XSPC EX240 + 2x RX360 (CPU + VRMs) / EK Supremacy Evo & RX480 + RX360 (GPU) / Optimus W/B. 2 x D5 pumps / EK Res

8x NF-A2x25s, 14 NF-F12s and a Corsair IQ 140 case fan / CM HAF Stacker 945 / Corsair AX 860i

LG 38GL950G & Asus ROG Swift PG278Q / Duckyshine 6 YOTR / Logitech G502 / Thrustmaster Warthog & TPR / Blue Yeti / Sennheiser HD599SE / Astro A40s

Valve Index, Knuckles & 2x Lighthouse V2

This makes more sense now...

9900K  / Asus Maximus Formula XI / 32Gb G.Skill RGB 4266mHz / 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus & 1TB Samsung 970 Evo / EVGA 3090 FTW3.

2 loops : XSPC EX240 + 2x RX360 (CPU + VRMs) / EK Supremacy Evo & RX480 + RX360 (GPU) / Optimus W/B. 2 x D5 pumps / EK Res

8x NF-A2x25s, 14 NF-F12s and a Corsair IQ 140 case fan / CM HAF Stacker 945 / Corsair AX 860i

LG 38GL950G & Asus ROG Swift PG278Q / Duckyshine 6 YOTR / Logitech G502 / Thrustmaster Warthog & TPR / Blue Yeti / Sennheiser HD599SE / Astro A40s

Valve Index, Knuckles & 2x Lighthouse V2

I believe so, looks like Noctua themed LTT screwdrivers. I have an LTT screwdriver and it's great.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

2 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

I believe so, looks like Noctua themed LTT screwdrivers. I have an LTT screwdriver and it's great.

I second that, basically all you need with a full bit kit. I use random sets of 1/4" bits and my ifixit kit's 1/8" with the included 1/8" to 1/4" adapter to do almost everything. Only seldomly have I had to use the ifixit kit's smaller driver to fit in smaller areas, like changing case fans where the front bottom screws can be hard to get to.

Ryzen 7950x3D Direct Die NH-D15

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017

> Threads merged

27 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

But will they be quieter than regular Screwdrivers? 🤔

(This post is a joke, don't take it seriously.)

I hope not. The click of the ratchet of the LTT Screwdriver is quite satisfying.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

I actually like this color scheme more than the original one.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

I was watching the new gamers nexus video when I noticed the new LTT screwdriver was at the Noctua booth. 

I then decided to look for other Noctua computex videos and found this video from French channel where you can see the little description plate for the screwdriver.

I took a screenshot of it to have a look at :

lttnoc(CUnet)(noise_scale)(Level2)(x2.000000).png.6887b7eea17984b4cecd462e37e5c437.png

I was kind of hoping for some hex bits to be included rather than the SL square bits but its not that big of a deal. I don't really know what the "extension for installing large tower coolers" part is since I thought the LTT screwdriver already has a shaft long enough for the NHD-15, will be cool to see what it is either way.

Screenshot_173.png.8cc660124cd9d50f64c6f96eefd7de07.png

Also I know the screwdriver was showed off on the WAN show a couple of weeks ago but I thought this was cool and wanted to share it anyways. Plus on the bottom of the card Noctua has an ETA for the product and if I'm not mistaken we weren't given an ETA on WAN show.

28 minutes ago, nikisawesome said:

I was watching the new gamers nexus video when I noticed the new LTT screwdriver was at the Noctua booth. 

I then decided to look for other Noctua computex videos and found this video from French channel where you can see the little description plate for the screwdriver.

I took a screenshot of it to have a look at :

I was kind of hoping for some hex bits to be included rather than the SL square bits but its not that big of a deal. I don't really know what the "extension for installing large tower coolers" part is since I thought the LTT screwdriver already has a shaft long enough for the NHD-15, will be cool to see what it is either way.

Also I know the screwdriver was showed off on the WAN show a couple of weeks ago but I thought this was cool and wanted to share it anyways. Plus on the bottom of the card Noctua has an ETA for the product and if I'm not mistaken we weren't given an ETA on WAN show.

Damn, I want one

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D GPU- RTX 4070 SUPER FE MOBO-ASUS ROG Strix B650E-E Gaming Wifi RAM-32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 6000cl30 STORAGE-2x1TB Seagate Firecuda 530 PCIE4 NVME PSU-Corsair RM1000x Shift COOLING-EK-AIO 360mm with 3x Lian Li P28 + 4 Lian Li TL120 (Intake) CASE-Phanteks NV5 MONITORS-ASUS ROG Strix XG27AQ 1440p 170hz+Gigabyte G24F 1080p 180hz PERIPHERALS-Lamzu Maya+ 4k Dongle+LGG Saturn Pro Mousepad+Nk65 Watermelon (Tangerine Switches)+Autonomous ErgoChair+ AUDIO-RODE NTH-100+Schiit Magni Heresy+Motu M2 Interface

I do want that screwdriver but I may want that can cooler first! lol

3 hours ago, nikisawesome said:

I don't really know what the "extension for installing large tower coolers" part is since I thought the LTT screwdriver already has a shaft long enough for the NHD-15, will be cool to see what it is either way.

Some CPU coolers require a long screwdriver with a narrow shaft. Multi-bit screwdrivers are inherently too thick for these applications.

Screenshot 2023-05-30 at 5.51.22 PM.png

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

This is amazing!!

My wild love for Noctua is growing so much that I'm starting to not sell what I actually don't use any more and just collect them.

This screwdriver 🪛 is super cool, and can't wait to see the two variants and the extension for the CPU coolers tightening.

Actually, anyone who questions this, (just saying) you should watch linus' content from the Noctua booth that just went live recently(as of jun 1st 2023). He mentioned Noctua doing collabs and was wiggling his Noctua colored LTT screwdriver he was holding/using during his video on Noctua products that have been developed,and really heavily hinting at it without ACTUALLY coming out and SAYING that the screwdriver was one of the projects... If that's not (at the very least implied) proof that the Noctua x LTT screwdriver is going to be a thing, unless things change, then IDK what is... speaking of, if that happens, then you'll be able to get replacement bits that fit right from the LTT store probably, as it's literally looking like just a color change... Speaking of the LTT screwdriver, I've seen ads while looking for information confirming my thoughts on the Noctua/LTT screwdriver, for Etsy, claiming "LTT screwdriver" for 25$, and although I'm pretty sure it's just the various plastic 3d printed looking carrying case things shown, and not the screwdriver itself, it would be funny if it was, considering the price of the "new" LTT screwdriver from the LTT store... Just thought I'd throw that out there, as with just looking at the Google sales banner on the search pane, one (without looking at the pics, or being clueless) would likely read the titles and go look at it assuming that it was for the screwdriver as well as everything else...

On 6/1/2023 at 2:05 PM, Wiebenor said:

Actually, anyone who questions this, (just saying) you should watch linus' content from the Noctua booth that just went live recently(as of jun 1st 2023).

There's nothing to question. It's been confirmed since May 19, 2023.

Edited by saintlouisbagels
time coded video

| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/30/2023 at 10:54 AM, nikisawesome said:

a screenshot

Q3 2023 is like a perfect window to say "this will be released at LTX 2023" , and i already bought a screwdriver to be picked up at LTX...so if they do release it then i'm returning that screw driver for the noctua branded one as fast as possible 😍😍😍

3 hours ago, Mayday793 said:

Q3 2023 is like a perfect window to say "this will be released at LTX 2023" , and i already bought a screwdriver to be picked up at LTX...so if they do release it then i'm returning that screw driver for the noctua branded one as fast as possible 😍😍😍

Don't forget they're also doing a "Make-Your-Own-Screwdriver" booth. Maybe you'll see a colour combo that's even sexier than the Noctua one 😁

3 hours ago, saintlouisbagels said:

Don't forget they're also doing a "Make-Your-Own-Screwdriver" booth. Maybe you'll see a colour combo that's even sexier than the Noctua one 😁

will be interesting to see how they do that given that the ratcheting mechanism needs to be inserted into a freshly injection molded and still hot handle.

so this will probably be limited to everything except the handle color.