So I have about $60 to spend in air cooling

Gary Da Cat

So I have about $60 to spend in fans and a fan controller.I already have a nice cpu cooler (nzxt respire t40) and I am planning on overclocking my cpu (and Athlon x4 645) but first I would like to get better quieter cooling.

SONG- If you like pina-colatas ME- I like them SONG- And getting caught in the rain ME- I sorta like that SONG- If your not in to yoga ME- I hate yoga SONG- Then im the love that you look for ME-  :blink:  no...

Where are you shopping/located? Currency?

What are your current specs? What part of the system is loud?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

If you have a CPU like that, just save the $60 and get a cpu upgrade.

Diamond 5 in League :)

I'm the USA and I was thinking about saving up for a fx 6350

SONG- If you like pina-colatas ME- I like them SONG- And getting caught in the rain ME- I sorta like that SONG- If your not in to yoga ME- I hate yoga SONG- Then im the love that you look for ME-  :blink:  no...

6350? u mean 8350. Also you need some ugly noctuas. 

My Little Gaming Rig:

CPU: FX 8320 | MOBO: Gigabyte 970A-D3P | RAM: G.Skill Ares 2x4GB | GPU: Sapphire Dual-X R9 270X | Storage: Seagate SSHD 1TB | Case: Corsair 200R | PSU: CM 550W V-Series

Upgrades to come: CPU FAN: Corsair H100i | RAM: 2 more 4GB sticks | GPU: Another R9 270X running in crossfire | Storage: Samsung 120GB SSD | PSU: Corsair 800w

No the 6350 is the six core version of the 8350

He may mean 6350, that is a thing. That being said, OP, I wouldn't really suggest going with the 6350 unless it's the same price as a 6300...

I got my Corsair H60 for $59.99 on sale, in Canada. Not sure about the prices at where you are.

I don't really mind the look of noctuas

I got my Corsair H60 for $59.99 on sale, in Canada. Not sure about the prices at where you are.

i OC my 4930k with a h100i and that still can't handle my CPU :L need a custom loop me thinks

Current Build : 

CASE: Fractal Design R4 w/Window CPU: Intel 4930K,  RAM: 16GB Ripjaws Z 2133Mhz  Cooling: H100i  MotherBoard: Asus P9x79 Pro , PSU: CS750M   Storage: 2x Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb , 1Tb Seagate Barracuda, 500GB WD Black,  Graphics: Gigabyte GTX 780 Windforce 3GB,  Monitors: AOC G2460PG ( G sync monitor), Edge10 24" 1080p , 24" 1680*1020p monitor ( LCD)  Microphone: Blue Yeti  Keyboard: Cougar 700k  Phone: Samsung Note 3  Headphones: Sennheiser HD598

Laptop:

CPU: 
4710MQ  Ram: 8GB 1600MHz Storage:120Gb 840 Evo + 1Tb 5400Rpm HDD  Graphics: GTX 850M 2GB   Screen: 1080p IPS  

I was about to say Scythe Gentle Typhoon but apparently they are 20 dollars each now for some reason.

Personally I would just skip the fan controller and just get some good fans for the money. Something like the Noctua NF-F12 but it depends on what case/size of the fans you want.

I was about to say Scythe Gentle Typhoon but apparently they are 20 dollars each now for some reason.

Personally I would just skip the fan controller and just get some good fans for the money. Something like the Noctua NF-F12 but it depends on what case/size of the fans you want.

Have 4 places I can put fans and I am looking at 120mm just be because they are cheaper most of the time

i OC my 4930k with a h100i and that still can't handle my CPU :L need a custom loop me thinks

I wouldn't need to OC a 4930K, but you'll want a 360mm/480mm radiator for that.

Noiseblocker blacksilent pros are cheapish and are on the same level as the noctua's.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

I wouldn't need to OC a 4930K, but you'll want a 360mm/480mm radiator for that.

honestly i am glad i OC my 4930k helpt a lot with render times on premier pro and video converting. quad rad ?!?1 i own a fractal design R4 w/Window best i can do is a 280mm :3 but a thick one at the front maybe 

Current Build : 

CASE: Fractal Design R4 w/Window CPU: Intel 4930K,  RAM: 16GB Ripjaws Z 2133Mhz  Cooling: H100i  MotherBoard: Asus P9x79 Pro , PSU: CS750M   Storage: 2x Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb , 1Tb Seagate Barracuda, 500GB WD Black,  Graphics: Gigabyte GTX 780 Windforce 3GB,  Monitors: AOC G2460PG ( G sync monitor), Edge10 24" 1080p , 24" 1680*1020p monitor ( LCD)  Microphone: Blue Yeti  Keyboard: Cougar 700k  Phone: Samsung Note 3  Headphones: Sennheiser HD598

Laptop:

CPU: 
4710MQ  Ram: 8GB 1600MHz Storage:120Gb 840 Evo + 1Tb 5400Rpm HDD  Graphics: GTX 850M 2GB   Screen: 1080p IPS  

You need to quote a post or tag a member or else they won't get a notification you replied to them.

What case do you have?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

honestly i am glad i OC my 4930k helpt a lot with render times on premier pro and video converting. quad rad ?!?1 i own a fractal design R4 w/Window best i can do is a 280mm :3 but a thick one at the front maybe 

Don't OC as much then, you should grab a liquid cooler ASAP. It hurts to think how a 4930K can be abused like that.

You need to quote a post or tag a member or else they won't get a notification you replied to them.

What case do you have?

i have a bitfenix shinobi

Don't OC as much then, you should grab a liquid cooler ASAP. It hurts to think how a 4930K can be abused like that.

i have got a liquid cooler i have a h100i ( still not enough) ... i'm not silly , how is OC a 4930K abusing it just means less rendering times i got a 30% boost of power out of her with good reason as it saves me time :3

Current Build : 

Laptop:

CPU: 

i have a bitfenix shinobi

NH-u14s: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/noctua-cpu-cooler-nhu14s

Or if you prefer looks over quiet, Havik 140: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005869XYK/?tag=pcpapi-20

thanks a lot for the suggestions! but i was looking for case fans and stuff . lol, I have found a couple fans a want to buy so no worries.

Why do people always ignore that there is a slightly downclocked and much cheaper version?

8320 vs. 8350, 6300 vs. 6350...

PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790 MB: Gigabyte B85N RAM: Adata 4GB + Kingston 8GB SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB GPU: XFX GTR RX 480 8GB Case: Advantech IPC-510 PSU: Corsair RM1000i KB: Idobao x YMDK ID75 with Outemu Silent Grey Mouse: Logitech G305 Mousepad: LTT Deskpad Headphones: AKG K240 Sextett
Phone: Sony Xperia 5 II

Why do people always ignore that there is a slightly downclocked and much cheaper version?

8320 vs. 8350, 6300 vs. 6350...

oh i meant 6300 lol, thx for pointing that out though.

Have 4 places I can put fans and I am looking at 120mm just be because they are cheaper most of the time

I just did a build not too long ago using an ASROCK Extreme 3 motherboard and an AMD FX-6300, and simply bought a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo for ~$30 CAD. The family/gamer kids I configured it for aren't really going crazy, but I still managed to do a 12% overclock from stock using that CPU before the temperatures even budged up at all. (It can overclock to about %20 stable with games running, or 25% everyday use, but the temps do start to go up quite a bit, so I left it at 12% for safety.)

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | REDACTED - 50GB US + CAN Data for $34/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)