I wanna use 2 grafics cards need help please

Hey I would like help using 2 grafics cards the first grafics card is a 2080 ti and the second is a 3060 ti and I wanna use both of them at the same time I have 2 monitors 

What do you want to use them for?

If it's for games, then you can't.

FX6300 @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 | Hyper 212x | 3x 8GB + 1x 4GB @ 1600MHz | Gigabyte 2060 Super | Corsair CX650M | LG 43UK6520PSA
ASUS X550LN | i5 4210u | 12GB
Lenovo N23 Yoga

This seems pointless you me. You would be better off using one and connecting both monitors to it. Off the top of my head I believe the 2080 ti is more powerful than the 3060 ti (one generation older but two tiers higher).

PC Specs:

CPU: AMD 1700x Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: Asus Crosshair VI Hero RAM: 4 * 8GB G.Skill RGB DDR4 Graphics: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 500GB Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: EVGA 750w G3 Monitors: Dell SG2716DG +  2x Dell U2515H

Freenas specs:

CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2650 V2 Cooler: Some noctua cooler Motherboard: Supermicro X9 SRL-F RAM: 8 * 8GB Samsung DDR3 ECC Storage: 6 * 4TB Seagate 7200 RPM RAIDZ2 Controller: LSI H220 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro PSU: EVGA 650w G3

Phone: iPhone 6S 32 GB Space Grey

It doesn't really work like that.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

respectfully, based on your other posts, you dont have enough experience to start messing around with your system. Enjoy it in the state it is in. Running both monitors on one gpu does not impact gaming performance unless you are gaming or doing something graphically intense on the 2nd monitor. if you are just on youtube or on the desktop, your games will play exactly the same

I don't think you'll get much benefit from running one GPU per monitor. Many GPUs have many ports on them because they're designed to be able to handle multiple displays on a single card. Also, if you're trying to play games, then I'm pretty sure that won't even work properly (games will only use 1x gpu at a time).

Just use your 2080 Ti and run both monitors on it, and keep the 3060 Ti in a box for troubleshooting purposes or something. 

Keep in mind that I am sometimes wrong, so please correct me if you believe this is the case!

"The Nvidia Geforce RTX 3050 is brutally underrated"

4 hours ago, Mr Technician said:

This seems pointless you me. You would be better off using one and connecting both monitors to it. Off the top of my head I believe the 2080 ti is more powerful than the 3060 ti (one generation older but two tiers higher).

Or OP can sell both. Both cards wont survive the 12GB requirement of modern titles at 1440p but both cards still hold value at $250-350. At the upper end, OP could buy a 7900XT for 100$ extra or see what 7800XT bring (there's also 4070Ti at the wing if OP needs nvidia features rather than wanting it)

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

@Panda966

In agreement with @SorryClaire

Your best option here is to sell both cards in order to move to current gen.

SLI is completely dead, so you CANNOT hook the processing power of 2 graphics cards together anymore, and there is a reason for that...

Studies were done and shown that modern GPUs process so much data so quickly that the SLI connection CANNOT keep up. With each card waiting for the other to complete a frame, you end up with pretty bad frame times and micro studders which add up to an overall WORSE experience than just going with a single card.

Multi-GPU was great up until the early 2000's because hardware was slow enough to actually benefit from SLI. Nowdays, the opposite is reality.

The AMD RX 7900-XT is one hell of a card. Trust me, I have the XTX (see signature) and the XT isn't too far off.

In my opinion its a better option than the RTX 4070-Ti because its actually a hair faster overall, has 20GB of VRAM VS 12GB, all while costing a bit less.

you see, the RTX 4070-Ti and RX 7900-XT are both 1440p Ultra + Huge Frame Rate cards with some ability to play at 4K resolution (although they aren't quite enough to be considered TRUE 4K cards). 4K can eat up to 16GB of VRAM depending on the game and settings, and so while the non-Ti 4070 might have just enough VRAM for its capabilities, the Ti certainly DOES NOT.

But if you don't want to add in a bit of budget after selling the cards, then you could go for the non-Ti 4070. Its a pretty decent card overall, we all just wish modern GPUs costed less in general but with the transistor node shrinking to incomprehensible scale, the trend from now on WILL ALWAYS be that prices go up each generation, so buy now, and don't look back.

Top-Tier Air-Cooled Gaming PC

Current Build Thread: