Division 2 Warlords of New York Edition - $9 USD - Ubisoft

Crunchy Dragon
Go to solution Solved by Paul Rudd,
35 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Tom Clancy's The Division 2 plus its expansion, Warlords of New York, is on sale as a bundle deal for just $9 through Ubisoft: https://store.ubisoft.com/us/tom-clancys-the-division-2-warlords-of-new-york-edition/5e15ad495cdf9a1ec45ad835.html?lang=en_US Sale ends 05/25. If you don't want the expansion, base game is also on sale for $4.50 USD.

It's just $7.74(new historical low) at GMG... The Division 2 WoNY Edition.

Base game is just $3.87... The Division 2.

And for those that already own the base game, the expansion is $3.87 also... The Division 2 WoNY Expansion.

Plus you get another 3% off by claiming the free Birthday XP Pack. Bringing the discount to 90% off vs 87%.

I own the base game, is the expansion worth the $2.99? I picked up the base game for $2.99 3 years ago, played it for like a half hour and haven't touched it since. But I did invest hundreds of hours into the first Division game and some of its DLC ages ago.

Tom Clancy's The Division 2 plus its expansion, Warlords of New York, is on sale as a bundle deal for just $9 through Ubisoft:
https://store.ubisoft.com/us/tom-clancys-the-division-2-warlords-of-new-york-edition/5e15ad495cdf9a1ec45ad835.html?lang=en_US

Sale ends 05/25. If you don't want the expansion, base game is also on sale for $4.50 USD.

Not sure if the sale is happening for other countries, Ubisoft doesn't seem to like me that much.

I've owned this game for years from a free promotion on Epic Games, but never really got into it until last month or so. I'm finding it to be quite fun, aside from the phantom crashes that occur somewhat randomly(it is a Ubisoft game after all). It is fairly CPU-heavy, and the crashes seem to happen most consistently when there's a sudden spike in Things To Load And Process. It happened more consistently when I started playing, but seems to have decreased with time(just got my first one in a couple weeks yesterday).

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Division 2 is a fun game, I have over 1.3k hours in it and basically finished all the content in the game including the DLC stuff. Though I'd only recommend playing the game if you have a group of friends who want to play it as well. I was in a active friendly clan when I played, always something going on and something to do together. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

35 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Tom Clancy's The Division 2 plus its expansion, Warlords of New York, is on sale as a bundle deal for just $9 through Ubisoft: https://store.ubisoft.com/us/tom-clancys-the-division-2-warlords-of-new-york-edition/5e15ad495cdf9a1ec45ad835.html?lang=en_US Sale ends 05/25. If you don't want the expansion, base game is also on sale for $4.50 USD.

It's just $7.74(new historical low) at GMG... The Division 2 WoNY Edition.

Base game is just $3.87... The Division 2.

And for those that already own the base game, the expansion is $3.87 also... The Division 2 WoNY Expansion.

Plus you get another 3% off by claiming the free Birthday XP Pack. Bringing the discount to 90% off vs 87%.

I own the base game, is the expansion worth the $2.99? I picked up the base game for $2.99 3 years ago, played it for like a half hour and haven't touched it since. But I did invest hundreds of hours into the first Division game and some of its DLC ages ago.

4 minutes ago, Paul Rudd said:

Absolutely worth it if you plan/want to put any time into the game at all. Opens up a huge amount of content after the main story concludes, including the revolving manhunts and the ability to switch back and forth between NYC and Washington at will. It's more like a mini-sequel packaged as an expansion in many ways.

This is one of the best supported Ubisoft titles I've seen, the fact it's still going amazes me and I still pile hours into it. Most of my friends and family have moved on from it, but I like going back to it quite often.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

10 hours ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

I've owned this game for years from a free promotion on Epic Games

So that's how I have it on both Ubisoft and Epic.

but never really got into it until last month or so.

Interesting, so it's still active. Same thing happened with the original Division. It remained active so long, I had to pick it up.

I'm finding it to be quite fun

Excellent, glad to hear this.

aside from the phantom crashes that occur somewhat randomly(it is a Ubisoft game after all). It is fairly CPU-heavy, and the crashes seem to happen most consistently when there's a sudden spike in Things To Load And Process. It happened more consistently when I started playing, but seems to have decreased with time(just got my first one in a couple weeks yesterday).

I'm guessing there's a fix for your specific crashes. Are you using Windows 10 or 11? Are you using Direct X 10 or 11? And what is your specific hardware? Your profile says an i7-7820X 64 GB of DDR4 2400 RAM, an RTX 2070 Super, Windows 10 Pro and 1080p monitors. Is that what you're still using? Oh and since I've put the small amount of time that I have put into the Division 2 on the Epic Games version, does that mean I can still buy the expansion from GMG(it's the Ubisoft version) and apply it to my Epic Games version?

10 hours ago, ApolloX75 said:

Absolutely worth it if you plan/want to put any time into the game at all.

Well that's just it, I sort of want to put time into the game simply because I haven't and I did really enjoy the original Division. It's the planning part that I'm hoping some of you can influence me to do.

Opens up a huge amount of content after the main story concludes, including the revolving manhunts and the ability to switch back and forth between NYC and Washington at will. It's more like a mini-sequel packaged as an expansion in many ways.

This is good, yes, yes, I like to hear this. Sounds very similar to the original Division. The variety that game provided was excellent. I even like how the DLC changed things up drastically in terms of the environment and even lighting in said environments. For example, I remember there being a DLC that literally changed the game into a Cyberpunk game with neon graffiti everywhere and underground. It was AWESOME and sadly that's around where I left off playing the game.

This is one of the best supported Ubisoft titles I've seen, the fact it's still going amazes me and I still pile hours into it. Most of my friends and family have moved on from it, but I like going back to it quite often.

Wow, that's strong words right there. I'm on the brink of playing the game for sure and I feel like I have to snag the expansion while it sits at $3 because looking at its price history that price is not common and will shoot back up for quite a while.

@Paul Rudd Gonna be honest I still miss the original Division, the Underground DLC and Survival was some of the funnest content I've ever played. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

2 hours ago, Paul Rudd said:

I'm guessing there's a fix for your specific crashes. Are you using Windows 10 or 11? Are you using Direct X 10 or 11? And what is your specific hardware? Your profile says an i7-7820X 64 GB of DDR4 2400 RAM, an RTX 2070 Super, Windows 10 Pro and 1080p monitors. Is that what you're still using?

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, I think I'm on DirectX 11(would have to check). I'm very meticulous about what's listed on my profile for my PC, everything listed there can be found in my setup, down to the listed clock speeds. SSDs and HDDs included.

For what it's worth, I had crashes at 1080p 60hz, 1080p 75Hz, and 1080p 165Hz. I had crashes with 3 different systems, both when it was installed on an HDD and an SSD:

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.8Ghz, 16GB DDR4-2400, GTX 780, and during the short time when I had an HD 7950 in that system

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, i7-5820K @ 4Ghz, 16GB DDR4-2400, GTX 1070

and my current i7-7820X system listed on my profile.

All in the span of the 3 years I've owned the game, across several different hardware configurations, a multitude of Windows updates, and hundreds of graphics driver versions. This pretty much solidifies in my mind that the issue is with the game, not my hardware.

2 hours ago, Paul Rudd said:

Oh and since I've put the small amount of time that I have put into the Division 2 on the Epic Games version, does that mean I can still buy the expansion from GMG(it's the Ubisoft version) and apply it to my Epic Games version?

Ubisoft's DRM forces you to install Ubisoft Connect(previously Uplay) and make an account before you can play the game, even if you own it on Epic Games or Steam - same as EA - due to this, all your saved data should be linked to your Ubisoft account and available there and that should hold for expansions as well.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

FWIW I've never solved the seemingly random crashes, and I've played since release day. I've gone through every setting and more than a few complete system revamps, changing hardware completely with fresh installs over the years and the crashes always occur, so it's not some random hardware issue. It's an engine thing more than likely, typical Ubi issues more or less, that I've learned to just live with. Usually if it's gonna do it, it's going to be in the first 5-10 minutes of playing so I just run around for a bit, it'll CTD with no error, and I just run it again and it's fine for hours.

Who knows.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.