DRAM-less SSD as HDD replacement?

Daymin
Go to solution Solved by flibberdipper,

Realistically as long as you're not constantly writing large amounts of data you'll probably barely even notice the difference between an SSD with DRAM and one without. The initial data transfer will probably suck, and large game updates might not be the best, but it'll still likely be notably better than what the poor hard drive can muster up.

I will soon convert my current big tower case to an ITX system, in the process I want/need to replace two of my drives:

• Seagate Barracuda ST2000DM006 2TB 3.5" HDD
  • Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" SSD

As I want to spend as little as possible I am considering the 4TB Crucial P3, which I can get for 200€ in Germany. (4TB M.2 drives with DRAM start at 300€)

This SSD is DRAM-less, but in my logic, this will still be an upgrade to the two drives it is replacing.
My main drive is a Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 500GB, which I will keep as my boot drive.

TLDR: Will the missing DRAM create any degradation in performance compared to my current setup?
Or is there a more sensible SSD in the same price range?

Realistically as long as you're not constantly writing large amounts of data you'll probably barely even notice the difference between an SSD with DRAM and one without. The initial data transfer will probably suck, and large game updates might not be the best, but it'll still likely be notably better than what the poor hard drive can muster up.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

That's exactly what I wanted to hear.
Thank you for the fast answer!