Discord plans to move to unique usernames from the numeric discriminators

Oh no! Anyway.

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D GPU- RTX 4070 SUPER FE MOBO-ASUS ROG Strix B650E-E Gaming Wifi RAM-32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 6000cl30 STORAGE-2x1TB Seagate Firecuda 530 PCIE4 NVME PSU-Corsair RM1000x Shift COOLING-EK-AIO 360mm with 3x Lian Li P28 + 4 Lian Li TL120 (Intake) CASE-Phanteks NV5 MONITORS-ASUS ROG Strix XG27AQ 1440p 170hz+Gigabyte G24F 1080p 180hz PERIPHERALS-Lamzu Maya+ 4k Dongle+LGG Saturn Pro Mousepad+Nk65 Watermelon (Tangerine Switches)+Autonomous ErgoChair+ AUDIO-RODE NTH-100+Schiit Magni Heresy+Motu M2 Interface

That is realyl stupid. I not understand why that outated unique name system still exist. I think every website , game and etc should move away from that outdated system and change it something modern that allow same names for multiple people. Unique name systems is easiest way but is outdated and not fit anymore in today's standards.

On 5/9/2023 at 11:37 AM, Kisai said:

Cause it's likely they can't. We have no insight as to how it's stored, but you could not pick the discriminator last I checked unless you had Nitro or something, and if you add another byte of entrophy so it's 5 digits, how do you solve that? Is your 1234 now 12340 or 01234? If you were telling everyone your username was USERNAME#1234 and now it's suddenly username#12340 now everything attached to that username is broken.

Which changing it to @ usernames creates the same problem. Now it will be broken and people who couldn't get the same username everywhere will be extremely upset when they have to be username1234 now.

Goes right to what I posted here:

On 5/9/2023 at 10:27 AM, Beerzerker said:

I also agree that this change will cause more problems than it solves

Yeah, I can see all the brokeness of it appearing with Discord going ??, playing like they didn't realize this all along - Then "Suggest" getting Nitro as a way to fix it.
In fact I'm seeing this as a move to push Nitro along and onto folks like me that don't have it.

Nah - I'll kill the account before I do that.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

On 5/9/2023 at 4:58 PM, Silverflame said:

Darknet Diaries on harassment over unique handles:
https://darknetdiaries.com/episode/97/
https://darknetdiaries.com/episode/106/

oh my gaben

i did not expect that to be so...good.

much production value, such reality.

Thank you, my comrade for enlightening me on this new well of content

I found something new to binge....yay

PC: Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB 3200mhz RAM (8GBx2), Gigabyte B550M DS3H, GTX 1050 2GB, 650W Semi-Modular PSU80+ Gold

Phone: Poco F3 8GB + 256GB

Audio: Samson SR850s

Sound Card: SoundBlaster Play 4 USB sound card

IEM: planning to get the KBEAR KS2s
Please be patient with me, I'm fatally dumb and its honestly a miracle I've made it this far

I don't really care about Discord at this point. If something were to happen to Discord, well, all my friends know my email and phone number. 

lumpy chunks

Expand to help Bunny reach world domination

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

-Rakshit Jain