What to do with an old laptop

I have an old gaming laptop that has been collecting dust and I am trying to figure out what I can do with it. I watched the LTT video of them turning an old machine into a server and have considered that. What are some uses for an at home server for someone who would just use it for casual use. If you don’t think that’s a good idea is there anything else anyone would recommend I do with it? (Besides sell it). I included the specs of the machine below as I am unsure if this laptop would even be adequate for an at home server. Any suggestions what I do with it would be appreciated!

Asus ROG Zephyrus M15

Model: GU502LU-BI7N4

512GB SSD 

16GB Ram 

Intel Core i7-10750H 2.6 GHz (Up to 5.0Ghz, 6 cores)

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6GB GDDR6

That's an old gaming laptop collecting dust? My god...

Alright Mr. Moneybags, there are a few things you could do with it. Run a game server: Minecraft, etc. Voice coms server, al la Teamspeak. Webhosting, plex media server. Use it as a RDP machine with SSL VPN to allow access to you internal network when needed. 

I mean, it up to you and what your needs are.

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.

11 minutes ago, Skipple said:

That's an old gaming laptop collecting dust? My god...

Alright Mr. Moneybags, there are a few things you could do with it. Run a game server: Minecraft, etc. Voice coms server, al la Teamspeak. Webhosting, plex media server. Use it as a RDP machine with SSL VPN to allow access to you internal network when needed. 

I mean, it up to you and what your needs are.

I guess you’re right it’s really not that old but it is collecting dust as I do not do much gaming anymore. Ideally I was trying to use it as a sort of media device connected to my TV where I could play games on it that way. But, the screen tearing renders most every game unplayable. Turning on VSYNC fixes the screen tearing completely but then it increased the input lag from the controller also making games unplayable. But that sounds like more of a problem to ask in the troubleshooting forum. 

I do like the plex media server suggestion, and the RDP machine is something I didn’t think about that is also very intriguing. Thanks!

I would sell it. Enough good specs to give someone good school/home laptop.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv