8GB or 16GB of ram?

So I'm building a pc and I was wondering should I use 8GB of ram or 16GB:

I'm going to be using my pc for gaming and minor video editing.

Please anwser!!!!

Id say 16 if your gonna do any form for editing 

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

16GB.

8GB really isnt enough when you start doing anything except playing a typical game.

if its the difference between 8GB of memory and an i5 with a GTX 770, or 16GB of memory with an i5 and a GTX 760.  I recommend going for 8GB of memory. 

16 gb

and i would use higher frequent ram. 2133 is the swet spot, i think

Please anwser!!!!

whats the specs ?

8gb is still good but 16gb will ensure that everything has plenty of RAM

16 gb

and i would use higher frequent ram. 2133 is the swet spot, i think

Higher speed RAM has higer CAS latency. IMO, 1866 is the sweet spot

I'm going to say 8GB, if you're on a budget, in a 2 x 4GB form if you have 4 slots.

That way you can add another 2 x 4GB to make 16GB later on.

Otherwise get the 16GB kit.

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

although 8Gb is enough for Gaming, go with 16GB, for some extra headroom if ever do some video editing or something that needs more RAM, ability to go T 32GB if you go with 2x8GB Sticks for now( if you have a Dual Channel Memory Board with 4 Slots), or if you don't desire upgrading to 32GB ever, go with with 4x4GB Sticks to take use of the hole Bandwidth

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

if you're gonna be video editing and gaming, 16GB will do fine, get a 1866MHz :)

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

whats the specs ?

Core i7 4770k,Nvidia gtx 780,1TB caviar black,samsung 840 256gb for boot,corsair h110.

Some other stuff im figuring out.

if you're gonna be video editing and gaming, 16GB will do fine, get a 1866MHz :)

although 8Gb is enough for Gaming, go with 16GB, for some extra headroom if ever do some video editing or something that needs more RAM, ability to go T 32GB if you go with 2x8GB Sticks for now( if you have a Dual Channel Memory Board with 4 Slots), or if you don't desire upgrading to 32GB ever, go with with 4x4GB Sticks to take use of the hole Bandwidth

I'm going to say 8GB, in a 2 x 4GB form if you have 4 slots.

That way you can add another 2 x 4GB to make 16GB later on.

8gb is still good but 16gb will ensure that everything has plenty of RAM

whats the specs ?

Thanks a lot I'm going with 16GB 1866MHz

Have you seen the kingston hyper x fury you can get it in 1866mhz i think and its new, good value and sexy imo

|| MAELSTROM ||

|| i5 3570K W/ CM 212x @ 4GHz || r9 290 Windforce || Corsair Obsidian 450D || 2tb HDD + 120gb 840 evo SSD || 2x4gb Hyperx Fury Blue

just make sure ur mobo support the speeds 

8 is more than enough ffs.. 16 is only meant for advanced editing and rendering. 

Please anwser!!!!

If your going to be doing editing go for the 16Gb's if its in budget if you have to cut corners or change other things in the system to fit the 16Gb's in its not worth it, You can edit and play games on 8Gbs. But when you start to really get effects and a larger project going the extra ram can really save your ass, as well if your a tab whore like me more ram is always better

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i Chassis/Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2  Motherboard: Asus Z87-Deluxe RAM:  Team Vulcan 2x4Gb(2133Mhz)  Video Card: Asus 7970 Direct CU II Custom Rom (150% Power, 1100 core 6Ghz Memory)  Power Supply: Fractal Integra R2 750 Watt  Keyboard: Cooler Master Quick Fire Rapid (MX Blue Switches)  MouseCorsair M90 Storage: SX900 128Gb, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM, WD Green 1TB 7200RPM   MY OLD BUILDLOG

The Fastest 8350 @5.33Ghz with a score of 9.16pts in Cinebench 11.5

Please anwser!!!!

16 gigs

8 gig recommendations is soo 2013

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

8 is more than enough ffs.. 16 is only meant for advanced editing and rendering. 

ask Dr.Phil

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

8GB is plenty for light editing and pretty much any day to day use including heavy gaming. I edit myself on Premiere Pro CC and the difference between 8 and 16GB is basically negligible unless you throw in 4k or working with 1080p 5 streams. But then again, your CPU and SSD (definitely not HDD) might bottleneck as well.

However, one beauty of 16GB is that you can actually spare 8GB for RAMDisk for editing videos. That way your storage speeds doesn't matter and your only bottleneck can be CPU.

To sum it up, for day to day tasks and average editing needs - 8GB. For RAMDisk purposes and professional editing at least 16GB. I am sure, since I have been using 16GB and 8GB on same machine for months with each config.