No signal after windows 11 install

Bmnnx

So I tired installing windows 11 with this usb I bought from best buy and it installed windows and everything but once it asked me to sign into Microsoft and I tried putting my email in the screen just went black and said no signal. I tried intalling it once more all over again and the same thing happened once I was entering my password it did the no signal again.

20 minutes ago, Bmnnx said:

So I tired installing windows 11 with this usb I bought from best buy and it installed windows and everything but once it asked me to sign into Microsoft and I tried putting my email in the screen just went black and said no signal. I tried intalling it once more all over again and the same thing happened once I was entering my password it did the no signal again.

Give this a try, a known issue.

No signal error from monitor after trying to install Windows 10

I decided to install Windows 10, but during the installation process, I got a no signal message from my monitor. I decided to turn the computer off after it stayed like that for two hours, but now it keeps getting a no signal error, even though my computer boots up fine (fans spinning, LED on, etc) . Some help would be much appreciated, thanks

EDIT: Fixed it, changed the HDMI cable to my second GPU. Found out afterwards that Windows 10 disabled the other one.

Screenshot 2023-04-18 194734.jpg

Bit of a tech guy, converted to PC's when consoles did not entertain me enough, the last console being an Xbox, was fun with Halo multi-play though. But  the want to discover, to test, to learn more about computers drove me to levels I had never known...

Some GPU's I have had, 8800GTS 384MB, 7800GT, GEFORCE 4 MX440, 250GTS,  770 GTX, 1650 GTX, RTX 3050 Plus many other GPU's over the years...

The respect I have for LMG is massive like a black hole, sucking in all the knowledge, I watch their awesome video's, their knowledge is like that of a God. Seriously some say they are number 1 in the whole wide world. LMG is like the INTEL fabrication plant. Beaming with technology goodness...

3 minutes ago, Trinity-W said:

Give this a try, a known issue.

Screenshot 2023-04-18 194734.jpg

Do I just turn the pc off and turn it on and try that?

3 minutes ago, Bmnnx said:

Do I just turn the pc off and turn it on and try that?

Yes if you can get into windows? try it. Even though it's Windows 10, 11 is the same really. 

Bit of a tech guy, converted to PC's when consoles did not entertain me enough, the last console being an Xbox, was fun with Halo multi-play though. But  the want to discover, to test, to learn more about computers drove me to levels I had never known...

Some GPU's I have had, 8800GTS 384MB, 7800GT, GEFORCE 4 MX440, 250GTS,  770 GTX, 1650 GTX, RTX 3050 Plus many other GPU's over the years...

The respect I have for LMG is massive like a black hole, sucking in all the knowledge, I watch their awesome video's, their knowledge is like that of a God. Seriously some say they are number 1 in the whole wide world. LMG is like the INTEL fabrication plant. Beaming with technology goodness...

2 minutes ago, Trinity-W said:

Yes if you can get into windows? try it. Even though it's Windows 10, 11 is the same really. 

4 minutes ago, Trinity-W said:

It didn’t do anything but I got onto the windows recovery screen but I’m just going to try to reset this pc and see if that works 

12 minutes ago, Bmnnx said:

It didn’t do anything but I got onto the windows recovery screen but I’m just going to try to reset this pc and see if that works 

Yes give that a try. Glitches can happen with pc's. 

I had a similar thing happen when I installed windows 10 on one of my desktops, It had sent signal to onboard and shut off the GPU connection so after a check of bios and switching to GPU it did boot into it. Double check bios. 

It didn’t work idk what’s wrong with it should I just maybe try to reinstall windows again?

4 minutes ago, Bmnnx said:

It didn’t work idk what’s wrong with it should I just maybe try to reinstall windows again?

Check bios. Which version of Windows 11 is it? I remember I had the same thing and also found out the windows wasn't right so I re downloaded a differnt iso, copied to usb with rufus and it worked!

3 minutes ago, Trinity-W said:

Check bios. Which version of Windows 11 is it? I remember I had the same thing and also found out the windows wasn't right so I re downloaded a differnt iso, copied to usb with rufus and it worked!

7 minutes ago, Bmnnx said:

It will most likely happen again. but if you have no other option do try again. Do check the bios though if you got a dedicated GPU and not using onboard. Rufus can also take out option of using microsoft account to log in. 

It’s windows 11 home and I’m not sure about that other stuff you said the usb I got has a few different version of windows 11 too on it 

It will most likely happen again. but if you have no other option do try again. Do check the bios though if you got a dedicated GPU and not using onboard. Rufus can also take out option of using microsoft account to log in. 

I’m in the bios rn what do I gotta do to shut off the gpu?

1 minute ago, Bmnnx said:

It’s windows 11 home and I’m not sure about that other stuff you said the usb I got has a few different version of windows 11 too on it 

You could extract the iso from usb. Then use rufus to create a new iso.

Try a different version to install...use your usb for now install a pro version or something.

Just now, Bmnnx said:

I’m in the bios rn what do I gotta do to shut off the gpu?

I don't know your bios setup as different for different makes but look for advanced settings. Where it will show pci-e gpu. Make sure is set to what GPU you using. Like PCI-E GPU.

I don't know your bios setup as different for different makes but look for advanced settings. Where it will show pci-e gpu. Make sure is set to what GPU you using. Like PCI-E GPU.

image.jpg

6 minutes ago, Bmnnx said:

Is it this 

Check the pci_e1 gen switch. Check pcie, go back one what does it say under pcie? As here you on pci subsystem.

I’m installing another version but I think it had (something) 1-4

it had 4 options of something I’ll check it after I’m done installing windows again if it doesn’t work

Just now, Bmnnx said:

it had 4 options of something I’ll check it after I’m done installing windows again if it doesn’t work

And idk if this help at all but this is what I got 

image.jpg

Just now, Bmnnx said:

It will be something simple enough. You might just find it works another version but it could do the same. Make sure to check what your monitor is booting on. How is it connected? hdmi, dvi, vga?

5 minutes ago, Bmnnx said:

And idk if this help at all but this is what I got 

image.jpg

It could just that the onboard is kicking on hence the no signal. You will sort it have faith. That is a sweet beast man. Great GPU and rig. It is common a problem no signal when on a new rig and install. Do try if it goes no signal plug into your onboard and hopefully you can carry on setup then when you in windows setup drivers etc, restart, make sure bios is booting off 6800XT.

Thanks and yeah I just might have to take it to a repair place I don’t think I can figure this out bc I got passed the sign in to Microsoft part and made my account but once it was setting up my desktop it did it again smh 

6 minutes ago, Bmnnx said:

Thanks and yeah I just might have to take it to a repair place I don’t think I can figure this out bc I got passed the sign in to Microsoft part and made my account but once it was setting up my desktop it did it again smh 

You know an easy way to see is take out your 6800 and just use onboard to setup windows. Then if it works okay. You can then add your 6800 back in. Signal problems I had in past on setup of windows but it can be sorted.

2 minutes ago, Trinity-W said:

You know an easy way to see is take out your 6800 and just use onboard to setup windows. Then if it works okay. You can then add your 6800 back in.

My hdmi is connected to my gpu tho would the motherboard work for display if I disconnect the gpu?

1 minute ago, Bmnnx said:

My hdmi is connected to my gpu tho would the motherboard work for display if I disconnect the gpu?

Yes it should, try it.

2 hours ago, Trinity-W said:

Yes it should, try it.

Yeah I decided to just go real quick to a pc shop and they tried there gpu on my pc and it worked fine so I think I’m just going to be returning my gpu and buying another one smh