Looking for a new headset and some speakers

ixi_your_face

Okay, so. I've got some cash to spare, and I've decided to go and update my audio stuff. 

What I'm looking for :

• A good wireless headset
  • Some nice speakers

I'd really like the speakers to go with my soundcard (Xonar DGX)

thanks,

^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

Budget for the speakers?

And 2.0 or 2.1?

The Audio Engine A2+ speakers are a really nice pair for it's price. 

2.1 wise you can use the same speakers with a decent subwoofer.

Headset wise: I'm not really into headsets but I'd buy a Siberia V2 if I had to ( Using headphones and a Blue Snowball myself so no combined phones/mic ).

I would suggest something like the Logitech Z313 system, it has great sound quality and is inexpensive. You should also look at a better soundcard to improve the audio quality even more.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Corsair 2100's ?

|| MAELSTROM ||

|| i5 3570K W/ CM 212x @ 4GHz || r9 290 Windforce || Corsair Obsidian 450D || 2tb HDD + 120gb 840 evo SSD || 2x4gb Hyperx Fury Blue

Corsair and audio products, meh.

Im sure they're not the best sounding but they will be good quality and i think linus liked them

|| MAELSTROM ||

|| i5 3570K W/ CM 212x @ 4GHz || r9 290 Windforce || Corsair Obsidian 450D || 2tb HDD + 120gb 840 evo SSD || 2x4gb Hyperx Fury Blue

Im sure they're not the best sounding but they will be good quality and i think linus liked them

Doesn't matter if Linus liked them, I care about the product being a good product.

I'll take a look at a few reviews.

Budget for the speakers?

And 2.0 or 2.1?

The Audio Engine A2+ speakers are a really nice pair for it's price. 

2.1 wise you can use the same speakers with a decent subwoofer.

Headset wise: I'm not really into headsets but I'd buy a Siberia V2 if I had to ( Using headphones and a Blue Snowball myself so no combined phones/mic ).

I'm not too sure about budget tbh. Just throw your recommendations at me and I'll have a look.

Soundcard is 5.1, I'd like to go 5.1. Especially since my PC will be in my livingroom in the near future, since I'm moving

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

I'm not too sure about budget tbh. Just throw your recommendations at me and I'll have a look.

Soundcard is 5.1, I'd like to go 5.1. Especially since my PC will be in my livingroom in the near future, since I'm moving

Any brand preference? I could just link you the basic cheap 5.1 Logitech surround system but that's not something I'd go for at all.

Any brand preference? I could just link you the basic cheap 5.1 Logitech surround system but that's not something I'd go for at all.

Not particularly, but I'd like something that sounds good

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Not particularly, but I'd like something that sounds good

Ah okay.

What about the Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System?

or

Logitech's Z906

Ah okay.

What about the Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System?

or

Logitech's Z906

Any cheaper options?

#Cheap

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Any cheaper options?

#Cheap

If you want to go cheap, go for a Logitech Z506 lol.

If you want to go cheap, go for a Logitech Z506 lol.

Any other suggestions?

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Any other suggestions?

Creative A550

Creative Inspire A520

Edifier C6XD

MS-TECH LD-1500

That's all what I can think of.

Creative A550

Creative Inspire A520

Edifier C6XD

MS-TECH LD-1500

That's all what I can think of.

What about a wireless headset?

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

What about a wireless headset?

Steelseries H Wireless if you're rich.

CEntrance 2504 is on massdrop and those are pretty good. I use one with a lepai amp. For wireless, I would just get a Corsair 2100 but wired headphones are a lot better.

You should get these speakers: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/145404-review-edifier-r1600t-plus/

Not very expensive, but really good in every way.

Intel Core i7-3770k @4.4GHz. 1.170V - Noctua NH-D14 - 8GB (2x4) G.Skill RipjawsX @1866 MHz. CL8 - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H - Samsung 840 250GB - XFX HD7970 DD GHz. @1125MHz - CM 690 II - Seagate Barracuda 2TB + WD RED 3TB - Corsair RM750X

FiiO E10 - Sennheiser HD 598 - Edifier R1600T - Sony MHC-EX50 - Razer Blackwidow Ulitmate 2013 - Razer Deathadder 2013 - LG IPS237L - Dell P2314H - Philips 237EQPH - LG 47LB561V

LG G2 - HP Spectre X360 - Audio Technica ATH-M50X - Sennheiser IE 60

You should get these speakers: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/145404-review-edifier-r1600t-plus/

Not very expensive, but really good in every way.

Lol, two sets of those plus some random center+sub would be the most badass ghetto-rigged setup.

• 7 months later...

Bose

/s

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!