Apple reportedly considering buying Beats for $3.2 billion | *CONFIRMED* well kinda?

AlexGoesHigh

that would totally fit.

What because both companies make shit products. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

The amount of anti-Apple circlejerking in this thread is hilarious.

I don't own an Apple product and never will, but if you actually work with them and understand technology you will know that they are all very high quality and their software runs with very little bugs or malfunctions. I understand their prices seem high but they don't make low-end products. I won't buy them because their interfaces generally offer less options for customization and support with certain devices due to their proprietary nature.

I do think that Beats are generally bad quality products for the price, but people need to understand how Apple works before they blindly hate on them. It simply makes you look ignorant.

Thank You!

I could pull some random uneducated rant about NVIDIA and AMD out of my ass guys. But I don't because it is retarded. Many of you (not saying all of you) are doing just that. Having never owned either products, you have no idea about their products. Beats are a fashion statement and there are better headphones and earbuds for the same price in terms of sound. But I have a pair of URBeats and the build quality is amazing, almost as good as Apple. Yes, Beats Tour are trash!!! So is the TITAN Z for the price! Any company makes a mistake at some point.

Also, Apple devices are expensive, but you are paying for quality, performance, design and customer support in equal amounts. There is a reason for The price you're paying.

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

Travis, on 09 May 2014 - 08:34 AM, said:

The amount of anti-Apple circlejerking in this thread is hilarious.

I don't own an Apple product and never will, but if you actually work with them and understand technology you will know that they are all very high quality and their software runs with very little bugs or malfunctions. I understand their prices seem high but they don't make low-end products. I won't buy them because their interfaces generally offer less options for customization and support with certain devices due to their proprietary nature.

I do think that Beats are generally bad quality products for the price, but people need to understand how Apple works before they blindly hate on them. It simply makes you look ignorant.

High quality phone you say? The iPhone 5C disagree.. Also I can't remember how many times I've already met people with broken lock and home button on their iPhone. Although some may go overboard with their anti-apple stance,but most of the people hating Apple have their own reasons or experience to back it up.

DJHoro, on 09 May 2014 - 1:31 PM, said:

Although I agree Beats by Dre headphones are overpriced (You pay for brand Swag) their newer stuff isn't that bad. Most people hating on them in this thread probably haven't even heard them before. With that said their headphones are what you would expect. Very "fun" sounding with a V shaped sound sig. This means boomy bass, recessed mids and exaggerated highs. Their 2.0 Tours and New studio are a vast improvement over the old models though. They lowered some of the bass so the mids aren't as over powered. I guess splitting from Monster was the best thing that ever happened to them. Wonder how this will turn out if its true.

V shaped sound signature?LOL..More like L shape. All bass.mids and highs almost non existent.

steffen_anywhere, on 09 May 2014 - 2:18 PM, said:

Thank You!

I could pull some random uneducated rant about NVIDIA and AMD out of my ass guys. But I don't because it is retarded. Many of you (not saying all of you) are doing just that. Having never owned either products, you have no idea about their products. Beats are a fashion statement and there are better headphones and earbuds for the same price in terms of sound. But I have a pair of URBeats and the build quality is amazing, almost as good as Apple. Yes, Beats Tour are trash!!! So is the TITAN Z for the price! Any company makes a mistake at some point.

Also, Apple devices are expensive, but you are paying for quality, performance, design and customer support in equal amounts. There is a reason for The price you're paying.

Well even if their headphones are a fashion statement,doesn't mean they have to sacrifice the sound quality with the price they are selling them.

High quality phone you say? The iPhone 5C disagree.. Also I can't remember how many times I've already met people with broken lock and home button on their iPhone. Although some may go overboard with their anti-apple stance,but most of the people hating Apple have their own reasons or experience to back it up.

V shaped sound signature?LOL..More like L shape. All bass.mids and highs almost non existent.

Well even if their headphones are a fashion statement,doesn't mean they have to sacrifice the sound quality with the price they are selling them.

Ok no that is true and I would never buy Beats that are really expensive. The URBeats are well built, sound really quite good and cost $79. That is why I bought them. Not because I had to get Beats as a fashion statement.

And the highs are existent, have you ever even tried them?

And yes even the 5C is well built, still better than Samsung devices. There are people with broken home buttons on iPhone 3G!!! Six years old now! That is acceptable.

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

So does this mean that they will be even more overpriced now?

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

Why would they do this? all mac user already have a pair of beats anyway oh thats right there fine with buying the same overpriced thing twice cough cough iphone.   :P

Result? All white headphones with a 15% additional mark-up 

Loads of community interaction and CS:GO gameplay
www.twitch.tv/terosterone

Is Apple too stupid to put their own software equalizer in their phones that excessively enhances bass to the point where you can hardly hear anything else (that, plus crappy drivers, is all that Beats is), or do they just want to spend money on a brand that is a by-word for "bad build and sound quality and totally overpriced for what you get"?

Give me half an hour and I could probably tune my sound-card to give me exactly the same experience as Beats. My friend, who mixes music in his spare time, could probably do it in 5 minutes.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

update OP with more info

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

The newer models have improved over the old but yeah, Beats are bass emphasized headphones. Its what most young people want and that's who the company is targeting.

I can see why they did it. smart business move honestly, many noobs and idiots still think beats are awesome but can't afford them, watch apple bundle some ''''''free'''''''beats headphones with their next iPhone 6 and guess what. Every idiot will but beats because apple provided '''''''200$'''''''' headphones with the iPhone to justify for the +100 dollar increas on the iPhone 6 ( Making it almost $1000 USD for the base model!!  ( unlocked )

Also that music service they have, it doesn't really suck and apple is most likely to adopt some of that and add it to itunes.

''For only 20 dollars a month you can enjoy your music the way dr dre intended.''

Interested in Business and Technology

I can see why they did it. smart business move honestly, many noobs and idiots still think beats are awesome but can't afford them, watch apple bundle some ''''''free'''''''beats headphones with their next iPhone 6 and guess what. Every idiot will but beats because apple provided '''''''200$'''''''' headphones with the iPhone to justify for the +100 dollar increas on the iPhone 6 ( Making it almost $1000 USD for the base model!! ( unlocked )

Also that music service they have, it doesn't really suck and apple is most likely to adopt some of that and add it to itunes.

''For only 20 dollars a month you can enjoy your music the way dr dre intended.''

*Dr Cook not Dr.Dre :)

*Dr Cook not Dr.Dre :)

nevermind

Don't you get the joke?

yeah i get it, not that funny i'm sorry  :(

Is Apple too stupid to put their own software equalizer in their phones that excessively enhances bass to the point where you can hardly hear anything else (that, plus crappy drivers, is all that Beats is), or do they just want to spend money on a brand that is a by-word for "bad build and sound quality and totally overpriced for what you get"?

Give me half an hour and I could probably tune my sound-card to give me exactly the same experience as Beats. My friend, who mixes music in his spare time, could probably do it in 5 minutes.

Yep true...The Beats I have are good for music from the likes of David Guetta (they actually sound good for that music). For anything else, I actually equalize them against their response curve O.o

yeah i get it, not that funny i'm sorry  :(

Read Dr. Cock for a moment... That name just sounds retarded.

I dont really care since Beats is overpriced shit, and they break easier than a toothpick.

Apple is generally crap too, overpriced and limited. Apple is and was generally made for kids, dummies, "special" people, and stupid people. Because of how simple and limited they are, those kinds of people wont give a crap since they wont go outside of those limits yet alone even get to the border of the limits.

And as for beats, they are generally for people who are into fashion and style and will buy it as long as celebrities use and wear them. Same with apple products, they partially are for people who are into that stuff too.

• 4 weeks later...

A month late but bear with me hear, and tell me what you might think. 

If you think of this from a business perspective you'll realize that apple know that they can release their own brand headphones. But with this new acquisition they can not only now produce a better re-branded range of headphones, which only feature the branding side of Dr Beats along with apple branding and apple engineering and apple internals. All be it will be overpriced, but I think that it should provide the end user with a much richer experience when it comes to functionality, also obviously allot of eye candy.

That said with this deal apple have also in a scene purchased Andre Romelle as well as his 25% of the business along with the other 75% of the Beats™ by Dr Dre. So Apple can now essentially utilize Andre's as a branding tool. Yes I know this may sound obsered but this can allow Apple too appeal too the target audience which may not have wanted to buy Apple products before. That target market will now be heavily influenced by the Dr. Dre brand and may now be willing to pay more for a Apple product only because of the new branding. This not only included's the headphones, it also includes Apples other line of products, they simple have to add a bit of red and the word Beats to the name of a product and it dramatically increases the target market. 

However being that the acquisition includes other assets such as the beats music, service which will not only allow Apple a gateway into other platforms such as Android. It may allow Apple the opportunity to find out information about user usage patterns and things of that nature, which may be key factors of which some users choose to not buy an Iphone or other Apple products, but instead go for the cheaper not so trendy alternative. This I think is more than enough for the quoted $3.5 million droller price tag.  

A month late but bear with me hear, and tell me what you might think. 

If you think of this from a business perspective you'll realize that apple know that they can release their own brand headphones. But with this new acquisition they can not only now produce a better re-branded range of headphones, which only feature the branding side of Dr Beats along with apple branding and apple engineering and apple internals. All be it will be overpriced, but I think that it should provide the end user with a much richer experience when it comes to functionality, also obviously allot of eye candy.

That said with this deal apple have also in a scene purchased Andre Romelle as well as his 25% of the business along with the other 75% of the Beats™ by Dr Dre. So Apple can now essentially utilize Andre's as a branding tool. Yes I know this may sound obsered but this can allow Apple too appeal too the target audience which may not have wanted to buy Apple products before. That target market will now be heavily influenced by the Dr. Dre brand and may now be willing to pay more for a Apple product only because of the new branding. This not only included's the headphones, it also includes Apples other line of products, they simple have to add a bit of red and the word Beats to the name of a product and it dramatically increases the target market. 

However being that the acquisition includes other assets such as the beats music, service which will not only allow Apple a gateway into other platforms such as Android. It may allow Apple the opportunity to find out information about user usage patterns and things of that nature, which may be key factors of which some users choose to not buy an Iphone or other Apple products, but instead go for the cheaper not so trendy alternative. This I think is more than enough for the quoted $3.5 million droller price tag.  

Just a correction. $3bn price tag :P

Just a correction. $3bn price tag :P

lol