H100i are those themps normal?

Go to solution Solved by Tr3bIx,

ive found the problem too much voltage -- running on 4.4ghz now max core voltage is 1.232v and 81°C Max after runnning 1x cinebench R11.5 CPU :) are those temps okay? i thinks so, memory is running also on 1866 now :)

Hi,

Im using an h100i, I have an msi z87-gd65 gaming mobo and a i7-4770k, on full load with prime95 my CPU gets 85-90 degrees on core clock 4.3ghz and core voltage 1.2v i think.

The fans are sp120 quiet editions in pull on top of the rad, The fans are plugged in in mobo fan2 and fan3 (in 1 is the one from the pump) in crysis 3 my CPU gets around 65 degrees is this normal?

Im planning to Buy pwm fans for the rad so i can control it with the corsair link software, cause the fans are running on the same speed al the time, will this help? Is this normal?

hmm I don't think that is normal that seems extremely high temp for a H100i I would remount the cooler and prime 95 causes lots of problems with haswell

Check out my current projects: Selling site (Click Here)

If($reply == "for me to see"){

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

$action = "Leave me alone!";

}

Yeah thats the temps i get , my h100i is defective i think

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

Use Aida64 and Intel Extreme Tuning Utility then tell us your temperatures. 

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Wow thanks for fast responses! :D i put it on 4.2ghz and memory to 1600 and on aida64 avg 75 degrees, i opende up hwmonitor and saw that the fans didn't spin up when CPU is onder Load so i think im gonna order pwm ones tomorrow, and then the h100i will control Them, good idea?

@Tr3blx welcome to LinusTechTips forums!

yes, that is typical for p95, using other synthetics like XTU and OCCT can help

out in a better scheme for heat. but yes it is normal for p95 users, especially

stock clocked/no overclocking.

Wow thanks for fast responses! :D i put it on 4.2ghz and memory to 1600 and on aida64 avg 75 degrees, i opende up hwmonitor and saw that the fans didn't spin up when CPU is onder Load so i think im gonna order pwm ones tomorrow, and then the h100i will control Them, good idea?

what rpm do your fans operate at? 75°C is what I was getting with 2 sh*tty bitfenix 1000 RPM fans at 1.35V under load in IETU. have you tried reseating yet?

I think it was around 800rpm sysfan and auxfan1 was 2300rpm and sysfan 1500rpm But i have 2 on my rad plugged in to cpu2 and cpu3 fans But they are non-pwm so, would it make a difference to het pwm ones? I use corsair sp120 qe

ive found the problem too much voltage -- running on 4.4ghz now max core voltage is 1.232v and 81°C Max after runnning 1x cinebench R11.5 CPU :) are those temps okay? i thinks so, memory is running also on 1866 now :)

I found the fault, Lobo was set to auto voltage, 4.2ghz was 1.272v, if i seti

Up the oc manually(this is what im running now) i could het 4.4Ghz on the CPU with 1.21v :) and the memory all the wat up to 2000Mhz(1600stock) max themps after cinebench R11.5 CPU test is 78 PR 82 degrees, even after a few times it stays under that temp, everything is running stable with thuis, should this all be okay?

if stable and you've tried lowering the voltage then that is what the chip allows you.

the silicone lottery is fickled. some get 4.4 on 1.175v and some have to use 1.3v.