Prj2 'Downtown' - [COMPLETED]

ToddK

A quick sneak peek at some of the base color for the 'old factory / boiler room' look for the inside of the case. Will be working on distressing the paint this week. We'll see how she goes.

My Noctua senses are tingling 

Followed

Wow, rivets in acrylic... brave man. :D

I would probably have put washers or even a metal plate between the

rivet heads and the acrylic for peace of mind, but hey, if it works,

it works.

Lol, yeah I was freaked out the whole time.  I think the top wasn't really a problem as it was just flat pressure pushing downwards.  I think where you really have to be careful is the bottom where the rivet spreads outward.  I'm thinking the hinge effectively worked like the washer you were suggesting, keeping the rivet from widening and busting the acrylic itself.

This would have to be one of the builds of the year, well done.

Much thanks!

this has got to be one of the coolest builds i have ever seen on here!. Great work. its always interesting to see something that i have never seen before

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

My Noctua senses are tingling 

Followed

I wish!  That would be awesome to get some of those bad-boys in the build.

Hey Linus, got any leftovers from reviews???  lol

this has got to be one of the coolest builds i have ever seen on here!. Great work. its always interesting to see something that i have never seen before

Hey thanks!  It's been a fun project for sure.

It would be sweet if everyone created a city full of buildings that are actually computers, then have the plumbing be water cooling and cool all of them! :P

I would SO like to get some water cooling in this build.  Kind of waiting on the budget to justify it right now, but some copper hardlining would look crazy awesome in it.

wow, every step you take is just so amazing! hopefully everythings works out just as you planned, you have a very cool creation going on there

I7 3930K @4.4 GHz  /  Asus rampage 4 formula  / 4x 8gb kingston hyperx blue low profile / gtx 980  / 2x ssd 500gb samsung 840 / 500gb 840evo ssd   /  500 GB WD blue /  windows 7 ultimate
my build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/133477-750d-finished/

im jelly, this looks amazing, very cool idea

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Holy crap! This is awsome! My parents are achitects and I've should them your build, and they said it was really nice. You could buy a projector and make it look like a cinema. You should really get a prize for it.

wow, every step you take is just so amazing! hopefully everythings works out just as you planned, you have a very cool creation going on there

im jelly, this looks amazing, very cool idea

Very kind of you guys.  Thanks!

Holy crap! This is awsome! My parents are achitects and I've should them your build, and they said it was really nice. You could buy a projector and make it look like a cinema. You should really get a prize for it.

Sweet idea!

Love it,nice to see some more innovative ideas

Thanks!  

I love the industrial design of the system, maybe you could put one or two of the new Noctua 'Industrial' fans in, eh?

Pentium G3258 @ 4.2GHz | Asus R9 290 | MSI Z97s SLI Plus | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1600MHZ | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | 250GB 840 Evo |Evga Supernova 750W | Win 7 Home Premium | Corsair Obsidian 800D |

i5-2450M @ 2.50 GHz | 8GB RAM | 500GB 5400rpm HDD | Nvidia gt630m | Win 8.1 Pro |

I love the industrial design of the system, maybe you could put one or two of the new Noctua 'Industrial' fans in, eh?

That's a cool idea. :)  I'm set for fans right now, but we'll have to see how things play out.

Happy birthday!

Case: Corsair Carbdie 330R Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P Asus Z97-A CPU: AMD FX-6300 i5 4690K 3.5 GHZ + 212 EVO GPU: ASUS GTX 760 DirectCUII Ram: Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb (2x4gb) HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M
Monitor: AOC Q2963pm 29'' 21:9 IPS Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Mousepad: Mionix Sargas 320 Headset: HyperX Cloud Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 RGBIKEA Headset/Headphone Holder

cool

|CPU: Intel core i5 3570k @ 4.5GHZ |Motherboard: Asus Z77 -V lx2 Full atx |RAM:Kingston HyperX Fury 2x8GB DDR3 1866MHz |GPU: 2 X ASUS AMD Radeon HD7850 2gb Crossfire |Case: Corsair Carbide 300r |Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 2tb2 Samsung 840 120gb ssd raid 0 |PSU: Seasonic 750w 80+ PSU |Display: lg 32" 1080p 60Hz |Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 + 4Noctua NF-P14 scythe Kaze Q-12 Fan Controller |Keyboard: SideWinder X6 |Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 |

Happy birthday!

Thank ya, thank ya!

cool

Thanks!

Got the new fans installed.

177_new_fans_in_by_tkrep-d7mdbr5.jpg

And the guts back in place.

179_guts_setup_by_tkrep-d7mdbrc.jpg

A quick test to make sure the lights work.

181_lights_on_by_tkrep-d7mdbrq.jpg

And now to figure out where all these lil bits go...  :huh:

182_puzzle_time_by_tkrep-d7mdbrs.jpg

Spent the day stripping down the foam & resetting it. Need to affix things permanently.

183_resetting_by_tkrep-d7meszt.jpg

Right side is closer than the left. Balconies are glued and ready. Will resume tomorrow.

184_one_side_done_by_tkrep-d7meszq.jpg

Did a little re-design work on the front panels.  Making it more like a commercial building foyer down front.  Added a little business sign.  Thinking I could add a few on each side.  Now to figure out what businesses...  ;)

Here are a bunch of shots.  Enjoy!   :lol:

185_redesign_by_tkrep-d7mhetk.jpg

187_double_light_1_by_tkrep-d7mhetr.jpg

188_double_light_2_by_tkrep-d7mhetw.jpg

189_double_light_3_by_tkrep-d7mheu7.jpg

189_night_1_by_tkrep-d7mhf1e.jpg

190_night_2_by_tkrep-d7mhf1k.jpg

191_night_3_by_tkrep-d7mhf1n.jpg

192_night_4_by_tkrep-d7mhfb8.jpg

193_welcome_1_by_tkrep-d7mhf1x.jpg

194_welcome_2_by_tkrep-d7mhf2e.jpg

195_welcome_3_by_tkrep-d7mhfbh.jpg

196_daytime_1_by_tkrep-d7mhfbn.jpg

197_daytime_2_by_tkrep-d7mhfbr.jpg

198_daytime_3_by_tkrep-d7mhfbv.jpg

This is soooooo freaking amazing! if only i had as much foamboard (is that it?) as you.

Pentium G3258 @ 4.2GHz | Asus R9 290 | MSI Z97s SLI Plus | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1600MHZ | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | 250GB 840 Evo |Evga Supernova 750W | Win 7 Home Premium | Corsair Obsidian 800D |

i5-2450M @ 2.50 GHz | 8GB RAM | 500GB 5400rpm HDD | Nvidia gt630m | Win 8.1 Pro |