Prj2 'Downtown' - [COMPLETED]

ToddK

imagine it with an High End components :D much Wow! Great master piece!

I guess I should start courting some sponsors.  Wonder if Linus has anything just laying around..?    :lol:

Bahahahaha!  I should run a whole photo shoot on people's suggestions.  You post ideas, I do my best to photograph them for you guys.  lol

I reserve the right to photoshop

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..!

<foto>

Disclaimer:  no lego dudes were harmed in the making of this photo.

Ahahahaha i absolutely lost it when i saw that photo xD 

My Build log of the Satan's Cave PC Desk Project is starting to get in action! Come check it out if you feel like it  :) 

• 3 weeks later...

!!! RENOVATIONS !!!

Looking to make 'Downtown' my main rig.  As such I'm bumping up the hardware in it.  Some reinforcements arrived this week:

236_reinforcements_by_tkrep-d7rc30b.jpg

I snagged a photo kit on eBay.  Hopefully I'll be able to get some better shots of the project going forward.

237_photo_kit_by_tkrep-d7rc30g.jpg

MUCH thanks to the fine folks at Gigabyte for supplying this Z97X-SLI motherboard for my little project.

243_sponsor_by_tkrep-d7rc45j.jpg

240_close_up_by_tkrep-d7rc300.jpg

241_back_panel_by_tkrep-d7rc306.jpg

239_cpu_slot_n_bridges_by_tkrep-d7rc30p.

242_side_view_by_tkrep-d7rc307.jpg

238_z97x_sli_by_tkrep-d7rc30i.jpg

I am currently in the process of ordering the CPU & memory.  Also have a line on a new PSU and some cooling for the box.  Hoping to have details on that soooooooooon.

Can't wait to get this sexy new mobo up and running!

The motherboard looks like it will suit the build very well! Looking forward to new photos :)

Yeah, I'm thinking the colors should match nicely as well.

why have i not seen this post before? this project is absolutely awesome and gratz for getting sponsored ^_^ that mobo should match your "old boiler room" look if youre still going with that :D

The whole project has been really fluid.  Originally I was going to do some 'antiquing' on the inside, but I ended up really liking the paint job so I just ran with it as-is.  The design of the building too went through several iterations.  Here are the first sketches I put together.  Overall I don't mind a clean, tight looking inside in the end.

54_design_1_by_tkrep-d7g75w2.jpg

55_design_2_by_tkrep-d7g75w8.jpg

56_deisgn_3_by_tkrep-d7g75vv.jpg

you should build a small town on your desk with these buildings and then have a train with like a usb stick or something running from building to building all over your desk ;D

My Build log of the Satan's Cave PC Desk Project is starting to get in action! Come check it out if you feel like it  :) 

you should build a small town on your desk with these buildings and then have a train with like a usb stick or something running from building to building all over your desk ;D

Aha!  That sounds fun.  I do have a couple more cases I'm planning to mod out.  We'll see if I go the same route.

do you plan on making the case harder? Because isn't it made of foam?

Nah.  I'm not shipping it anywhere.  It's just sitting on my desk.  If I was making one for someone else I would likely use something a little more durable like wood or something.

Nah.  I'm not shipping it anywhere.  It's just sitting on my desk.  If I was making one for someone else I would likely use something a little more durable like wood or something.

Ah, so you've got a case with floppy balconies?  :huh:

Nice, but can I ask, what is the spec of the stuff currently in? Like the stuff you had at the beginning 

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

Ah, so you've got a case with floppy balconies?  :huh:

No no, there's a metal frame built out to hold the balconies.  I cut it out from the leftover metal from the side panel.

99_frame_cut_by_tkrep-d7hqy5e.jpg

Nice, but can I ask, what is the spec of the stuff currently in? Like the stuff you had at the beginning 

Current gear (that I'm upgrading) is an old ASUS P5K motherboard with dual core processor in it, 6 Gb of RAM with an EVGA 8800 GTS and an old 450w stock PSU.

ToddK,your movin on up....to a deluxe apartment.. In the sky.

Sing song to the Jeffersons..Lol!

omg, that song is in my head now...  lol

Only thing you miss is a rooftop pool

Hint hint reservoir

lol, that's brilliant! - that would be SO awesome!