Prj2 'Downtown' - [COMPLETED]

ToddK

This is soooooo freaking amazing! if only i had as much foamboard (is that it?) as you.

Actually it's just crafter's foam.  Got it at my local craft store.  It's like a buck a sheet.  I don't even think I spent $20 to cover the box.

Actually it's just crafter's foam.  Got it at my local craft store.  It's like a buck a sheet.  I don't even think I spent $20 to cover the box.

Sounds like a pretty decent easy fix for a case customization, cheers.

Pentium G3258 @ 4.2GHz | Asus R9 290 | MSI Z97s SLI Plus | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1600MHZ | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | 250GB 840 Evo |Evga Supernova 750W | Win 7 Home Premium | Corsair Obsidian 800D |

i5-2450M @ 2.50 GHz | 8GB RAM | 500GB 5400rpm HDD | Nvidia gt630m | Win 8.1 Pro |

Very cool build. Nice to see something different every now and then.  The lighting is nice an even for LED's. Great job.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Very cool build. Nice to see something different every now and then.  The lighting is nice an even for LED's. Great job.

Thanks!

Freaking incredible!

Thanks - appreciated!   :)

Awesome My Friend.. So Unique..  :)

Definitely appreciated coming from you.   :)

Do you have plans on easing (If that's the correct term) the transition from pipe to hard drive?

Yes and no.  There may be some changes coming, so I'm being patient with it.

@ToddK Are JetFlo fans loud? I'm interested in them but I read that they are very efficient but very loud, even at lower RPMs.

If they're going full out, yeah they're loud.  However I have mine running off of the mobo 4-pins and they're hardly noticeable when the cpu is idling. 

Small update.  Since the foam is nice and pliable and the buttons are hidden underneath I used a simple old lego to put some indicators for the power and reset.

203_buttons_by_tkrep-d7ngt16.jpg

Nice and easy to spot.

204_button_by_tkrep-d7ngt1a.jpg

And finished up the door with some magnetic catches.

205_catches_by_tkrep-d7ngt1c.jpg

awesome build, very different.

Thanks!  Appreciated.

Brief update. Have some parts coming in. Most notably a 4-pin PWM power distribution PCB. Should be nice and easy to hide on the inside of the box and allow the motherboard to manage the front panel fans.  And, fingers crossed, some other news soon too.

Here's the box with the mouse I mentioned earlier in the worklog.

206_with_car_by_tkrep-d7nzs4l.jpg

Oh my....Todd..This just gets better and better. That color has added

Another dimension ..you could do a whole city theme..little people ..more cars..more buildings.. Really cool dude

Oh my....Todd..This just gets better and better. That color has added

Another dimension ..you could do a whole city theme..little people ..more cars..more buildings.. Really cool dude

Thanks!  I originally had a blanket over the window so I could do the 'dusk' effect for photos.  I recently took that down and the blind gives a nice orange glow in the evenings.  That's the nice thing about the white facade, it picks up whatever colored light is in the room.  Match that with the lights in the box and it comes out pretty nice.

I could still use a better camera though.  I have four in the house and none of them takes a really sharp picture.

Well .. I imagine you probably have it in the back of your mind...

New camera

New camera

New camera

New camera

Gah!  Get out of my head..!  lol   :D

Very cool, very impressed by the originality. Never seen anything like it, for sure something to be proud of! Like amintha1992 said, definitely WAN show material! xD

Awesome idea, great build, it's always cool to see something original.

CPU- 4690k @4.5ghz / 1.3v    Mobo- Asus Maximus VI Gene   RAM- 12GB GSkill Assorted 1600mhz   GPU- ASUS GTX 760 DCUII-OC 

Storage- 1TB 7200rpm WD Blue + Kingston SSDNow 240GB   PSU- Silverstone Strider ST75F-P