have you bought a ridge wallet or vessi shoes? thoughts?

Zohan2000

curious to know if anyone here has bought a ridge wallet or vessi shoes and whats their thoughts on them, do you regret buying them? opinions on build quality, are the vessi shoes actually water resistant? and any other thoughts you might have

Take a look at this thread, not sure about the ridge wallet but people talk about their vessi shoes

Neither, but i use a plastic folding box that i put some aluminum foil, a few folds worth, behind the fuzzy backing of. ive had that since the Credit cards came out with the built in chips. Works great so far. I pay for gas with cash though cause the machines are so easy to tamper with.

Spoiler

just a lot of pages so thought id ask here since things might have changed since then

No. 

Ridgewallet doesn't suit my needs for a wallet. 

Vessi shoes are too expensive for what they are.  Also, waterproof = not breathable. 

I haven't bought a ridge wallet, though if you like the form factor, they seem good.

My wife owns like 3 pairs of Vessi's. She loves them. They're basically her go-to shoe now.

I just ordered myself a pair of the Everyday Classic in Blue - I'll see what they're like in a few weeks.

I like Vessi due to them being a Canadian company (though they do not manufacture in Canada, as that would significantly increase the cost of the shoe).

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

3 hours ago, Heliian said:

Vessi shoes are too expensive for what they are.

Can you elaborate on why you feel they're too expensive for "what they are"?

They're about $140 CAD (without discounts, and there's basically always a $25 off discount available), which is inline with any other major high quality shoe brand (unless you're getting the shoes on clearance or heavy discount).

I can only speak to Canadian pricing on Vessi and on other competitors. If you bought a Merrell or ASICS or any number of other well regarded shoe brand, new, you'd be looking at roughly the same ballpark.

3 hours ago, Heliian said:

Also, waterproof = not breathable. 

My wife has never complained about the breathability of hers, and she has 2 or 3 different styles from Vessi. She absolutely loves the shoes.

And from a physics standpoint, you can create a material that lets air pass through but not water, due to molecule size. No, it isn't going to be as breathable as a thin mesh shoe - but that doesn't inherently mean it's not breathable.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Last night I discovered how Ridge Wallet has been abusing small content creators for free advertisements by altering the original contract and trying to play on the good nature of people who were too exited to get their first bigger sponsor. I never considered getting one of their products but knowing this I think they are absolute trash.

17 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

pricing on Vessi

You are correct, last time I checked it would be near 200 CAD but now it's only about 150cad, much closer to reality.  You're paying for the waterproofing as a normal sneaker is less than $100.  

On 3/22/2023 at 10:05 AM, Heliian said:

Vessi shoes are too expensive for what they are.  Also, waterproof = not breathable. 

21 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

And from a physics standpoint, you can create a material that lets air pass through but not water, due to molecule size. No, it isn't going to be as breathable as a thin mesh shoe - but that doesn't inherently mean it's not breathable.

This is exactly why Gore-Tex is so popular; waterproof and breathable.

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

Vessi, sound great, but for $150+ AUD, i'll stick to Skechers for about 2/3 that price..

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

On 3/23/2023 at 11:11 AM, saint_louis_bagels said:

This is exactly why Gore-Tex is so popular; waterproof and breathable.

As far as I can tell, the material Vessi uses is essentially the same thing or very similar to Gore-Tex.