How can a water pump be repaired?

kacper6768

A broken water pump for a well looks something like this

h-Heeab-GQf-HQJa-RUJWRWY.jpg

but it's a different model It broke down last year in the fall that it buzzed a little louder than normal when it pumps water, I turned it on for over a minute or about 2 minutes and then I thought that the water must be taken from the well to the hose, it takes time but still does not want to pump. Did this pump just break down more that I turned it on for 2 minutes. Why won't this one pump water when it hums. Can this pump be repaired? Can this pump be repaired? How much is the cheapest new pump in the store? This pump was bought 3 years ago in a store, is it still under warranty? Can this pump be repaired? Is it possible to buy just a broken part for the pump? Is better buy used pumps or only new ones?

2 minutes ago, kacper6768 said:

Can this pump be repaired?

Take it from someone who tried: no.

You could try rebuilding the impeller on the inside if you know how to find it but honestly youlll most likely to spend almost at-cost to the water pump.

4 minutes ago, kacper6768 said:

still under warranty?

Check the warranty card on the water pump, you saved that right?

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

Since its been 3 years i id think the warranty has expired. If it has I dont see a reason for you not to open it up and check. It looks serviceable to me but that depends on if youre able to get the parts you need from the manufacturer and youll probably gonna need some tools to get it done properly.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2023 at 11:06 AM, SorryClaire said:

Take it from someone who tried: no.

You could try rebuilding the impeller on the inside if you know how to find it but honestly youlll most likely to spend almost at-cost to the water pump.

Check the warranty card on the water pump, you saved that right?

Depending on the pump and support a rebuild kit is potentially available for far cheaper than a new pump (I've rebuilt the pump for our boiler system with such a kit).

Also depends what the problem is. From the sounds of it the pump may not even be turning, or turning at a low/suboptimal RPM to pump the water to the top of the hose.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Yeah it all depends on what the actual issue is, viability of parts or rebuild in terms of what may be involved.

Sometimes you may get lucky, impellor just jammed on something and is undamaged for example.

Can often get brushes for motors that use them, seals, bearings and so on but if it's a fault with the motor itself usually replace the whole thing.

Wouldn't go for 2nd hand unless you are competent in diagnosing and repairing as too many unknowns.