M.2 Drives with a Dram cache?

Clorox Fox
Go to solution Solved by Electronics Wizardy,

Id really stop worrying about dram on a ssd. Dram doesn't really matter for most desktop workloads. Depending on your budget and use case, Id just get a lower end ssd from a known brand.

I need an M.2 drive that has a dram cache and is over 2tb. Ive tried looking myself but I can't tell which ones have a cache, and anything but an Evo I heard they have lifespan issues with an update and i really don't want to flash the bios on a drive. 

Id really stop worrying about dram on a ssd. Dram doesn't really matter for most desktop workloads. Depending on your budget and use case, Id just get a lower end ssd from a known brand.

12 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Do you have any recommendations?

Just get the cheapest tlc nvme you can find, ive seen some cheap leven jp600/700 2tb going for <100$. Dram cache is prefferable cause it does extend ssd lifespan but i wouldnt pay >20$ more for a dram cache ssd over a dramless one

Ssd branding is the same as ram branding, totally fucking useless because guess what? Only a handful of companies make the storage chips on ssds same as how only a few companies make ram ics, so even with a cheapo brand youll problably get the same micron/hynix/whatever companies makes the storage chips and those are definitely reliable otherwise theyd be out of buisness by now

also good on you for avoiding samsung cause their pricing is egregious and competition has long surpassed them both in performance and price